Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Surprised... by a... HONDA?...

This is a discussion on Surprised... by a... HONDA?... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN ... that Ram Air can probably kick his ass... It actually is a real shaker, I ...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    ... that Ram Air can probably kick his ass...
    It actually is a real shaker, I don't know if that is still qualified for "ram air" ....but it does give him a few more ponies then the n/a cobras. He will be neck to neck with one and then slowly start to pull on him.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    It actually is a real shaker, I don't know if that is still qualified for "ram air" ....but it does give him a few more ponies then the n/a cobras. He will be neck to neck with one and then slowly start to pull on him.
    he put a Intake on it... just gets more cold air basicly... no real Ram Air effect... and um... it dynoed at 265whp... gearing helps it a whole lot...

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

The bad thing about Mach 1's is that alot of their parts are already upgraded. They have upgraded heads, cams, gears, block, ram air, suspension, and a few other things. That means that when you spend $2k on new heads youre not going to see that big of a gain. So you're stuck in a situation where youre like "is 25rwhp worth $2k?". Not to mention they're EXPENSIVE. That plays a huge role in why I want a TA and not a Mach 1. I'm broke The LS1's have so much more potential in the long run too.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Bret View Post
    The bad thing about Mach 1's is that alot of their parts are already upgraded. They have upgraded heads, cams, gears, block, ram air, suspension, and a few other things. That means that when you spend $2k on new heads youre not going to see that big of a gain. So you're stuck in a situation where youre like "is 25rwhp worth $2k?". Not to mention they're EXPENSIVE. That plays a huge role in why I want a TA and not a Mach 1. I'm broke The LS1's have so much more potential in the long run too.
    Yep... he told me the lists of mods he could eventually do.... and short of a SuperCharger... he'll be in the 330whp range... at most...

Black
    2003 Mustang GT

Yea they're not easy to make fast N/A. And with a GT it's fucking IMPOSSIBLE. That was my dream was to have a fast (low 12's) N/A car. I didn't do my research and ended up with a Mustang GT. But Mustang FI will own anything. They're pretty light cars and with a good ProCharger or turbo you'll be upwards of 500rwhp. And in those little cars, 500rwhp basically makes you a rocket

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_Bret View Post
    Yea they're not easy to make fast N/A. And with a GT it's fucking IMPOSSIBLE. That was my dream was to have a fast (low 12's) N/A car. I didn't do my research and ended up with a Mustang GT. But Mustang FI will own anything. They're pretty light cars and with a good ProCharger or turbo you'll be upwards of 500rwhp. And in those little cars, 500rwhp basically makes you a rocket
    Yepo... that's his plan... Twin Turbo...(eventually)... but for now... he's just doing bolt-ons....

I got lucky...I was actually looking for a GT 99-04... and I was all pumped up about it and everything...then I found a Cheap Camaro...and went see it... and here I am...with it in the driveway...hehe

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I wouldn't mind to have a mustang if they built stronger motors. But I am sure a lot of mustang owners say the same thing about the f-bodies except wish they had stronger bodies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information