Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Supercharged s-10 Vs My 240

Hey guys I just remembered this story from back in the summer.

I took my 240sx for the first time ever to the track in Crossville Tn, I had my dad haul me in on his trailer, I never race without it LOL!!! So we pull in and park next to this guy who has this super nice s-10 truck, Its chevy orange been tubbed out with 15 inch slicks, he has an old school 350 setup with a nice supercharger, Not a big one, not sure of the numbers. But as we pull in and I unload the car I take it to the end of the track for a warm up lap to get some heat in the motor. Dad said when I left the guy leaned over and laughed at his buddy Since this was my fist time at the track with the car I planned on taking it easy so I could get the feel of how its going to re-act. Remind you im on open header with an inline 6 turbo charged, So it sounds like a v8 with a mild cam, Nothing to brag about at idle!! I left my hood shut so they never seen what I had under the hood, I go out first pass and baby it, 8.80 @ 83MPH. Not bad for the first pass in the car. This also is 1/8 mile. But on that pass my GF said those guys were still making comments towards my POS 240 LOL... So this dude makes a pass in his s-10 runs 7.80@ 94 MPH. Not bad!! They come back and apparently has a fouled spark plug and we happend to have tools so he asked to borrow some and I let him even tho he was talking crap! YA I know im a nice guy right? So I go make a 2nd pass and just so happend I was against an old school chevelle, I beat him by 1 car, Ran 8.42 @ 86MPH. hmm gettin better, I was still learning how to launch the car at the lights its 5 speed with no 2 step. So when I get back my GF says there were like damn on that pass So I started proving points. I was only running 4PSI of boost on the 1st 2 passes, So I turned my boost controller up to 10PSI and changed my tune on my AFC! I go back to the staging lanes and line up against this guy in his s-10 We do our burnouts and then stage. I go in late as I always do and cut .030 R:T to his .255 lol he was sleeping I pulled 1-1/2 cars on him out of the lights I was running this car for everthing it was worth he caught me by half track and passed me by 1 car length at the finish line!! he ran a 7.76@95MPH to my 8.12@91MPH LOL it was an awesome race!! one of my favorites, We got back to the pits and he came over and shook my hand, He was like damn I thought I was going to cream ya but I guess you was sand bagging me HAHA But it was cool, The funny part was the guy judged my ride by its name and not by what I had under the hood. But I have gained alot of respect at my local track. Also note im the only import on the track to break the 8.50 margin. So racing is all about fun and thats what we had that night.

Here is a video of the run. Sorry its not that good all we had was cell phones that night.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=15035130

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

good run

sebring silver
    2000 z28

yeah man great run, a 8.1 1/8 should get you in the 12's i believe, even though i am a big fan of domestic cars and trucks some of those imports are neat

i saw a guy at a car cruise who had a blue 240 that just got an ls1 6-speed and 3.90's in back, that little car flew, i think he was only 2,900lbs? and everyone was making fun of it when he drove by because they did not know there was an ls1 in there, he through a rev and they all shut up and were like WTF? i walked up an told them it had an ls1.

if i were to have an import(not that it would happen but) it would be the 240

buying a car and going fast is one thing but when you spend time, money, research, trial and error, it just goes to show you who the real gear heads are
    2000 auto camaro
    13.54 @ 104 2.049 60' stock 2.73

12.94 @ 109 2.002 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 555r 2.73

11.899 @ 114.44 1.686 60' full exhaust, lid, tune, nitto 245/50-16 555r 3.73 moser 12-bolt 2800 fuddle, ls6 intake manifold, slp under drive pully,fiberglass hood, bmr k-member

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by silverz28camaro View Post
    yeah man great run, a 8.1 1/8 should get you in the 12's i believe, even though i am a big fan of domestic cars and trucks some of those imports are neat

i saw a guy at a car cruise who had a blue 240 that just got an ls1 6-speed and 3.90's in back, that little car flew, i think he was only 2,900lbs? and everyone was making fun of it when he drove by because they did not know there was an ls1 in there, he through a rev and they all shut up and were like WTF? i walked up an told them it had an ls1.

if i were to have an import(not that it would happen but) it would be the 240

buying a car and going fast is one thing but when you spend time, money, research, trial and error, it just goes to show you who the real gear heads are

Ya I had a long hard debate between a Lsx or the RB! and wat it came down to was just the point of staying original. If you watch Pinks all out or any other show there has never been a import car with an import power plant to do anything. I think its funny But I went for different vs legit. But out of the RWD imports the only ones I would own would be the 240, supra, or Rx-7.

Im running 4.08 gears in the rear, I can make right at 750RWHP and I weigh about 3,000lbs.

Im only pushing 380RWHP right now do to my small t25 turbo

Ya I can run 12's easy I have gotten the car to a 7.80 since I went to a bigger slick that hooks and don't throw me sideways at half track! I also just got a 2 step setup so this next year I hope to be mid 7's. I cut 1.6 60' already with the motor bogging off the line so if I get it happy off the line I hope to cut 1.4-1.5 60's.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blackls1ta View Post
    good run
    Thanks!!

Thread Information