Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 91

Subaru STI Race.

This is a discussion on Subaru STI Race. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by blue02Z if you hook on those et streets, you'll be in front by the end of 2nd ...

  1. #21
    Junior Member Cobra_Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17

    Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    if you hook on those et streets, you'll be in front by the end of 2nd i'd bet!!




    i have a buddy who just bought a stock 04 sexually transmitted infection and he wants some of my car sooo bad! i cant wait till he gets it up here cuz i will destroy that thing
    Tell us how it goes. when it happens.

  2. #22
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    A. I haven't picked up a Car mag in years
    B. I have seen the numbers though-- they pretty much match what I have witnessed on the track and my buddies cars.
    C. We get it-- you think they are all crap-- we know.. Yawn, it is old.
    You are the only person who takes everything so personally. Get a life, nobody wants to hear you bitch and complain because you get offended when people bash your precious imports.

    Lets move on-- Personally, I think Wesman should be banned from any thread about any car that has less than 8 cylinders, because you have the same rubber stamp response for every single post. IT is old, and unrealistic. I have seen Evos and STIs beat LS1 many of times, and I have seen it the other way around.
    Nobody cares what you personally think, so it doesn't matter. If you love imports so much go somewhere else. It isn't that difficult of a concept, this isn't an import site.

    I never once said they were superior, I am just not so shallow or arrogant to believe that my car is completely superior in every aspect. Because it just
    isn't true.
    Once again...your opinion. Nobody cares.

    What's next-- I could say that the EVO/ STI is better in the snow, and you would probably argue that. Comical.
    Evos and STIs suck in the snow with their stock performance tires. You'll get further with a FWD with all seasons then you will with an STI/Evo with summer tires.

  3. #23
    with a LS1 2MuchFun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,398

    Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

    I beat a STi at muncie speedway by 3/10 of a second......I'm pretty much stock except shortthrow and K&N + free mods and spec 2 clutch. Sadly, no video proof, only got a video of spanking a 04 GT by a good second

    I honestly don't think he knew how to drive. (Sti)

  4. #24
    Boosting Daily
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33

    Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

    Man.. you guys get all the good runs, I wish I could find a stock or near stock LS1 to run with around here. But regardless like it's been stated before about the AWD vs RWD if we'd go from a dig you'd have to run me down and come to the 1/4 near dead even being both cars are low 13, high 12's with a driver mod. But from a 40 roll or higher, the stock Evo's and STi's just don't have enough to run with an LS1. Plus with all STi's being a 6-spd. with such low gear ratio they are just constantly shifting.. It would get so annoying, that's why I'm glad my Evo's the 5spd.
    And also just so everyone knows I'm not a troll, I posted in the "new to site" section with the title "sup guys" around 2 weeks ago explaining why I was here.

  5. #25
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63inside View Post
    Man.. you guys get all the good runs, I wish I could find a stock or near stock LS1 to run with around here. But regardless like it's been stated before about the AWD vs RWD if we'd go from a dig you'd have to run me down and come to the 1/4 near dead even being both cars are low 13, high 12's with a driver mod. But from a 40 roll or higher, the stock Evo's and STi's just don't have enough to run with an LS1. Plus with all STi's being a 6-spd. with such low gear ratio they are just constantly shifting.. It would get so annoying, that's why I'm glad my Evo's the 5spd.
    And also just so everyone knows I'm not a troll, I posted in the "new to site" section with the title "sup guys" around 2 weeks ago explaining why I was here.
    High 12's in an STi or Evo?? I don't think so.

    All the ones I've seen at the track have run high 13's. You're only going to hit a low 13 if you can drive your car perfectly, if you don't launch it just right you won't be running any low 13 second magazine times.

  6. #26
    Member 2000LS1Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    506

    Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

    I'm lucky enough to own both an LS1 TA and a turbo Subaru Legacy GT. All I can say is that on the nice days, the Trans Am comes out of the garage!

    On the rainy/cloudy/snow days, its all about the Subaru.

    No comparing the two in a highway race, but 0-60 (typical stoplight encounters), they're pretty close.

    Don't bash Subie, they're not rice. Subaru's are well made cars, with respectable power. Not like Honda, Hyundai or Toyota crapt. That STI should beat you 0-60, after that though your going to start reeling him in.

    Kind of a pointless race really, there's little chance of you ever beating him off the line, even with DRs, and there's no chance for him to hold you off once the race hits the high mph numbers.

  7. #27
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Most drivers of the awd cars I've ran into don't know how to launch them and bog them, so I usually get to kill them good from get go.

  8. #28
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    I'm lucky enough to own both an LS1 TA and a turbo Subaru Legacy GT. All I can say is that on the nice days, the Trans Am comes out of the garage!

    On the rainy/cloudy/snow days, its all about the Subaru.

    No comparing the two in a highway race, but 0-60 (typical stoplight encounters), they're pretty close.

    Don't bash Subie, they're not rice. Subaru's are well made cars, with respectable power. Not like Honda, Hyundai or Toyota crapt. That STI should beat you 0-60, after that though your going to start reeling him in.

    Kind of a pointless race really, there's little chance of you ever beating him off the line, even with DRs, and there's no chance for him to hold you off once the race hits the high mph numbers.
    If your Subaru Legacy GT is close to your Trans Am in ANY race there is something seriously wrong with your T/A.

  9. #29
    Boosting Daily
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33

    Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    High 12's in an STi or Evo?? I don't think so.

    All the ones I've seen at the track have run high 13's. You're only going to hit a low 13 if you can drive your car perfectly, if you don't launch it just right you won't be running any low 13 second magazine times.

    Well not to rain on your parade or anything but the fastest all stock Evo RS was a 12.65 @ 111mph I believe with a 1/4 tank of gas. I've ran a 12.85 @ 108 in my stock 8.. It's all about the driver and the 60' time, when it comes to getting the best time out of any car. As far as seeing most running high 13's.. anything above a 13.6 for a stock Evo with a 10.5 hotside (05 and up) in my book is basically terrible.

  10. #30
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63inside View Post
    Well not to rain on your parade or anything but the fastest all stock Evo RS was a 12.65 @ 111mph I believe with a 1/4 tank of gas. I've ran a 12.85 @ 108 in my stock 8.. It's all about the driver and the 60' time, when it comes to getting the best time out of any car. As far as seeing most running high 13's.. anything above a 13.6 for a stock Evo with a 10.5 hotside (05 and up) in my book is basically terrible.
    Troll alert.

    If you think anyone is going to believe those bullshit numbers than you must be on drugs.

    You're honestly going to say that this Evo somehow gained 10MPH in 1/4 mile trap speed compared to every other stock Evo ever tested?? First off, the Evo RS has the same HP as ever other Evo (220-230WHP) and weighs 3219lbs. Its PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for the car to trap at 111MPH in stock form. Thats how its obvious that you are full of shit.

    I've never seen a stock Evo run below a 13.5. Its just not common with average drivers. Most mag times (prepped track, professional driver) pull low 13's at 102MPH, which is about all the car is capable of. I also don't believe that you can a 12.85 @ 108 MPH in stock form, once again the car doesn't have enough power to hit 108MPH in the 1/4 in stock form, and a 12.8 is very uncommon.

    I don't know whats so hard about the concept of Wheel Horsepower and weight that you ricers can't understand. With the stock power the car is putting to the wheels and the stock weight, the average driver will run a high 13 at about 100MPH. With a perfect, clutch frying launch and a perfect driver, low 13's are possible at around 102MPH. You're numbers just don't add up in any way, shape, or form.

  11. #31
    Boosting Daily
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33

    Tarmac Black
    05 Evo VIII

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    With the stock power the car is putting to the wheels and the stock weight, the average driver will run a high 13 at about 100MPH. With a perfect, clutch frying launch and a perfect driver, low 13's are possible at around 102MPH. You're numbers just don't add up in any way, shape, or form.

    Call me what you want.. but to get on point, your basically saying that the difference between a high 13 second car and a low 13 second car is only 2mph in trap speed? Your forgetting the 60' time as I mentioned in my previous post, along with the addition of the gear ratio. If you have the same identical car that on one run cuts a 1.6 60' and on the next run it does a 2.0 60'... your already 4 tenths of a second behind and trying to play catch up, which isn't going to happen because the cars in this example are identical, and 1.6 has the jump and already gaining speed vs. the 2.0. On the 2.0 run your ET & trap speed are going to be lower than the 1.6 run.. it's just simple math if you think about it.

    But let's get back on topic, cause I'm not here to have a pissing match. Good run with the STi, keep us updated with any new runs.

  12. #32
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    hixson tennessee
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,642

    white
    94 camaro z28

    sti's are fun to run i have run one once. it was close. i pulled over 40 but up til then there was an advantage to the sti. gah i hate ricers though. they are so annoying. dude i know was trying to tell me that a stock 08 s2000 would walk all over my car without breaking a sweat. i told him to show me a stock s2000 that could do that and i would lick the spray paint on the hood of his civiv. lol.

  13. #33
    Member 2000LS1Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    506

    Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    If your Subaru Legacy GT is close to your Trans Am in ANY race there is something seriously wrong with your T/A.
    I'll chalk that up to your obviously lack of knowledge of the Subaru Legacy GT.

    The mags say 0-60 in 5.9.

    Its AWD, Manual Trans, and Turbocharged. In a 0-60 sprint, it IS close to my TA, or any other generally stock LS1. The Legacy runs a low 14 in the 1/4, so past 60, its not much of a race. But from a stoplight, it is.

  14. #34
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    sti's are fun to run i have run one once. it was close. i pulled over 40 but up til then there was an advantage to the sti. gah i hate ricers though. they are so annoying. dude i know was trying to tell me that a stock 08 s2000 would walk all over my car without breaking a sweat. i told him to show me a stock s2000 that could do that and i would lick the spray paint on the hood of his civiv. lol.

    I had people tell me a S2000 could beat a C5 Vette. I had a 2002 S2000 and there's no way it could hang with my T/A except for a 40 - 70 race. Before and after that the car does not have much go to it.

  15. #35
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    I'll chalk that up to your obviously lack of knowledge of the Subaru Legacy GT.

    The mags say 0-60 in 5.9.

    Its AWD, Manual Trans, and Turbocharged. In a 0-60 sprint, it IS close to my TA, or any other generally stock LS1. The Legacy runs a low 14 in the 1/4, so past 60, its not much of a race. But from a stoplight, it is.
    Seems that you are the one with the lack of knowledge. LS1 F-bodies have been documented to run between 4.8 and 5.2 seconds 0-60. Thats an average of a full second faster than your Legacy GT - WITH the Legacy having an AWD launch.

    Not only that, but there is no comparison in actual acceleration. Meaning without launching either car, it wouldn't even be a race. Factoring in drivetrain loss, you're Subaru is putting about 190HP to the wheels. The LS1 is putting ~300WHP down. Not only that, but the Legacy 2.5 GT weighs 3530lbs, which is more than an LS1 F-body.

    So basically you're saying that your Legacy GT, which is down 110WHP and weighs almost 100lbs more, is just as fast 0-60 as your Trans Am.

    Like I said, no offense, but something is seriously wrong with your car if the Legacy feels just as fast.

  16. #36
    Member 2000LS1Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    506

    Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Seems that you are the one with the lack of knowledge. LS1 F-bodies have been documented to run between 4.8 and 5.2 seconds 0-60. Thats an average of a full second faster than your Legacy GT - WITH the Legacy having an AWD launch.

    Not only that, but there is no comparison in actual acceleration. Meaning without launching either car, it wouldn't even be a race. Factoring in drivetrain loss, you're Subaru is putting about 190HP to the wheels. The LS1 is putting ~300WHP down. Not only that, but the Legacy 2.5 GT weighs 3530lbs, which is more than an LS1 F-body.

    So basically you're saying that your Legacy GT, which is down 110WHP and weighs almost 100lbs more, is just as fast 0-60 as your Trans Am.

    Like I said, no offense, but something is seriously wrong with your car if the Legacy feels just as fast.
    Just drop the "no offense" line of crapt already. You're clearly trying to pick on me, call my Trans Am slow, or otherwise put me down.

    The '05 Legacy GT has a curb weight of 3300 lbs, right at what an A4 Trans Am weighs.

    The Legacy has a final drive ratio of 4.11, my A4 Trans Am 2.73.

    I've run both cars at my local 1/4 mile track, its in Tulsa, and its typically a slow track. The Legacy ran a 14.4 @96mph, the Trans Am a 13.5 @103mph.

    However, although I've never lined them up together, 0-60 I still maintain they would be less than a carlength apart.

    --

  17. #37
    Member jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    186

    2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

    In racing it's not just wheel hp and weight. There is also grip and gearing. Just because someone does not have the same power their gearing makes up for it.

    How many guys here went to 3.73 or 4.11 gears and drag raidals and how much of a difference at the track did you have? I bet you had a big difference.

    Power is nothing without grip.

  18. #38
    Junior Member Daz-E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    SoCal-Victorville
    Age
    43
    Posts
    41

    TBA
    67' rs/ss

    Please, someone post a video so he could see with his own eye's ! Apparently thats the only way he'll believe anything about STi's and Evo's. Besides, STi's and Evo's are not made for this kind of racing (though they do very well). Let see a LS1 around a track (wet or dry) against either vehicle or in the dirt/snow !

  19. #39
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Daz-E View Post
    Please, someone post a video so he could see with his own eye's ! Apparently thats the only way he'll believe anything about STi's and Evo's. Besides, STi's and Evo's are not made for this kind of racing (though they do very well). Let see a LS1 around a track (wet or dry) against either vehicle or in the dirt/snow !
    Actually F-bodies handle damn well with a few suspension mods. Plenty of guys road race their LS1's, what are you trying to imply?? An LS1 with upgraded suspension and tires will easily handle just as well as an STi or Evo, it just takes some actual skill to drive it.

    As for the dirt/snow?? Pointless to wreck a street car by doing that shit. If you want to go offroading, buy a damn truck.

  20. #40
    Member 2000LS1Bird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    506

    Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

    Its pretty easy to hydroplane an F-body as well.

    Thats one reason why my Trans Am is never gonna see the rain.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Gotta get myself a subaru!!
    By 02cetransam in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 03:13 PM
  2. I think Subaru has a winner
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 05:23 PM
  3. LS1 Subaru WRX thoughts?
    By rwd_boostdscoobLS1 in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 02:06 PM
  4. Subaru q'
    By grandkodiak in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 06:29 AM
  5. Subaru WRX
    By Sarge in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 07:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •