Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Stockish LT1 vs cammed 383 LT1 (That I beat

Hey guy's. I just wanted to post up this vid of a stock LT1 Formula with LT's and 3.73 gears vs the EXACT SAME 383 LT1 Camaro that I blew away in my car. (The thread that got closed the other day) Since everyone seems to think that I was making it all up. Well that cammed 383 LT1 couldn't put more than about 1/2 car on this other LT1 that I also beat in my Z-28. Not trying to start another flame war, just trying to prove my point that I never made anything up. So here is the video. Obviously that 383 has some problems. The guy said it has a lot of blow by because the guy who put the motor together didn't break it in properly. Again, here is the video...enjoy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3DFly-szjI[/ame]
    Last edited by Mystic Z-28; 04-21-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Those aren't your cars and you aren't driving them. So all this proves is that you can find a video on the internet.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

The car the camera is sitting in, is supercharged. Riding with a friend I assume. What kind of car is it? No one else answer, I want to see what Mystic has to say.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

ohhh, ohhhh pick me, i know what it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    The car the camera is sitting in, is supercharged. Riding with a friend I assume. What kind of car is it? No one else answer, I want to see what Mystic has to say.
    It's a friend of mine's modded 03 cobra vert. He was probably just giving it enough gas to keep up.

Ray Charles blue

I have seen some "stock-ish" LT1 cars with 3.73 gears and exhaust turn some decent times at the track. Most of the time they are on par with an LS1 car so what does this prove?

The crappy 383 was able to pull against a car with exhaust and gears and you beat the crappy 383 by how much? Sorry, but that geared/exhaust LT1 is not going to be 5 cars behind you at the track. Just not going to happen.

Not trying to be a jerk buddy just not understanding your side.
    Last edited by TLS_Addict; 04-25-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    I have seen some "stock-ish" LT1 cars with 3.73 gears and exhaust turn some decent times at the track. Most of the time they are on par with an LS1 car so what does this prove?

The crappy 383 was able to pull against a car with exhaust and gears and you beat the crappy 383 by how much? Sorry, but that geared/exhaust LT1 is not going to be 5 cars behind you at the track. Just not going to happen.

Not trying to be a jerk buddy just not understanding your side.
    This was just to prove that the cammed 383 LT1 is piss slow and has problems. I already raced that green formula before he added his headers. (He put down 280 rwhp before and 291 rwhp after the headers, with no tune) He got me by a couple cars off the line because my tires are shit and he had DR's. But once I gripped in 2nd gear I flew by him pulling about 4-5 cars on him by 90 mph. And 11 hp is not going to even come close to curing 4-5 lengths. Maybe 1-2 lengths. Plus now I have no cats and no torque management so my car has gained a little bit itself. My car is much quicker than either of these cars. I don't know if it's because it just runs really well or if it's because it has no options and is lighter than the average LS1 F-body. I'm not trying to brag, just trying to make a point, since everyone thought that I was bullshitting about beating a cammed 383 LT1. Also if you look closely I think that green formula was actually reeling that camaro in a tad. I know that my car is piss slow as well, just not as slow as either one of these LT1's. I'll get more/better videos eventually of it in action.

Ray Charles blue

Ok, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28 View Post
    This was just to prove that the cammed 383 LT1 is piss slow and has problems. I already raced that green formula before he added his headers. (He put down 280 rwhp before and 291 rwhp after the headers, with no tune)
    An LT1 put down 280rwhp stock? For comparison sakes what do LS1 cars put down on the same dyno. 280 is SUPER high.

He got me by a couple cars off the line because my tires are shit and he had DR's. But once I gripped in 2nd gear I flew by him pulling about 4-5 cars on him by 90 mph. And 11 hp is not going to even come close to curing 4-5 lengths. Maybe 1-2 lengths. Plus now I have no cats and no torque management so my car has gained a little bit itself.
    If you are pulling 4-5 cars on him by 90 and you are at least 2 cars behind by 50 (top of 1st roughly in an A4) you are saying you can beat a geared/exhaust/DR LT1 by 6 cars at 90 mph? He would easily be at mid to high 13s at over 100 and if you beat him by 6 cars you are in the mid to high 12 at probably 110. That doesnt add up in my book or anyone elses.

My car is much quicker than either of these cars. I don't know if it's because it just runs really well or if it's because it has no options and is lighter than the average LS1 F-body. I'm not trying to brag, just trying to make a point, since everyone thought that I was bullshitting about beating a cammed 383 LT1. Also if you look closely I think that green formula was actually reeling that camaro in a tad.
    Your car is not "that light". Mine with most options and 1/4 of gas was 3525 so not super light but not super heavy either. Even if you ar 100 lbs lighter than the average F-body you have what? A .1 gain in the 1/4 mile? Lets get real for a few minutes.

I know that my car is piss slow as well, just not as slow as either one of these LT1's. I'll get more/better videos eventually of it in action.
    You have zero respect for the LT1 cars. I HAVE seen them run in the 13s stock and honestly if your car is piss slow you wouldnt put 6 cars on an F-body by 90 mph. I came up with 6 cars and he had you by a "few" cars but when you hit 2nd you flew past him and had him by 4 cars. Again, it doesnt make sense. What does your car run at the track? LT1 cars are not "piss slow" either, they are just not as fast as LS1 cars. I dont get your mothodology. A 13.9-14.1 rated car in stock form has drag radials, gears, and exhaust loses to you by 6 cars at 90 mph? He is easily in the mid to high 13s without issue. You are NOT running mid 12s my friend if you are stock and say your car is slas hell.

Sorry, I dont get it. Please explain to me how you win by so much being stock and he is modded.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yes 280 is very high for a stock LT1, it surprised a lot of people here. And I only know of 3 LS1's that dynoed on the same dyno

1. A 2001 M6 TA with LT's, ORY, a few degrees more timing, lid and cat-back. He put down 319 rwhp. (My car was door to door with this car from a roll also) There was NO driver error on the TA's part either. Just sayin.

2. A 1999 b4c Camaro M6, with LT's, LS6 intake, lid, ORY and cat-back. He put down 330 rwhp.

3. 2002 SS Camaro A4, with LT's FAST intake, tune, lid and cat-back. He put down 340.

And I never said that I pulled 6 cars to 90. I meant that I pulled 4-5 cars (definitely at least 4) all together. That's counting the 2 cars that I fell behind on the launch. I ended up at least 2 cars in front by 90ish. By 110 it would have probably been 2 more cars. But there wasn't enough road that night. That LT1 also ran a 13.7 @ 101-102, stock with the 3.73's. With his new LT's I'd imagine he could pull off a 13.5 or better after he gets a tune.

I've also heard of no optioned LS1 F-bodies weighing as little as 3,200 lbs. My gross vehicle weight on my drivers door says 4200, and I've always thought that the actual curb weight was about 1,000 less than that. I could be wrong though. My grand prix says 4500 lbs for it's gross vehicle weight and those are usually around 3500 curb weight. Like I said I will get more vids of my car in action sometime soon hopefully.

Ray Charles blue

Yes 280 is very high for a stock LT1, it surprised a lot of people here. And I only know of 3 LS1's that dynoed on the same dyno

1. A 2001 M6 TA with LT's, ORY, a few degrees more timing, lid and cat-back. He put down 319 rwhp. (My car was door to door with this car from a roll also) There was NO driver error on the TA's part either. Just sayin.

2. A 1999 b4c Camaro M6, with LT's, LS6 intake, lid, ORY and cat-back. He put down 330 rwhp.

3. 2002 SS Camaro A4, with LT's FAST intake, tune, lid and cat-back. He put down 340.

And I never said that I pulled 6 cars to 90. I meant that I pulled 4-5 cars (definitely at least 4) all together. That's counting the 2 cars that I fell behind on the launch. I ended up at least 2 cars in front by 90ish. By 110 it would have probably been 2 more cars. But there wasn't enough road that night. That LT1 also ran a 13.7 @ 101-102, stock with the 3.73's. With his new LT's I'd imagine he could pull off a 13.5 or better after he gets a tune.

I've also heard of no optioned LS1 F-bodies weighing as little as 3,200 lbs. My gross vehicle weight on my drivers door says 4200, and I've always thought that the actual curb weight was about 1,000 less than that. I could be wrong though. My grand prix says 4500 lbs for it's gross vehicle weight and those are usually around 3500 curb weight. Like I said I will get more vids of my car in action sometime soon hopefully.
    4 cars on that BOLD part there means you run mid 12s which is not the case.......and your car is not 3200 lbs. You need to have it checked and I am going to say its closer to 3500 than 3400 lbs with some gas in it. Have you ever been to the track? I was running 13.5/13.6 and pajeff02 was running 13.0/13.1 and I even got the jump and the tree and he was beating me by 1.5-2 cars every time. Your methodology is not working my friend.

I say 4 cars because you say he got the jump on because of your tires spinning.

Also, in your first thread you say that you could pull (go look at it because I just did) 2 more cars from 90-115. I dont believe that for a minute.

Why must you try to bullshit us? Some folks on here can do it but honestly your story does not add up. 3 + 2 does not equal 9.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

IBTL ive ran LT cars on the street and even when i had the same mods you did i never got over 3-4 lengths on one EVER.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    IBTL ive ran LT cars on the street and even when i had the same mods you did i never got over 3-4 lengths on one EVER.
    Now wait, he is beating them by that much and they have gears, tires, and exhaust.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    4 cars on that BOLD part there means you run mid 12s which is not the case.......and your car is not 3200 lbs. You need to have it checked and I am going to say its closer to 3500 than 3400 lbs with some gas in it. Have you ever been to the track? I was running 13.5/13.6 and pajeff02 was running 13.0/13.1 and I even got the jump and the tree and he was beating me by 1.5-2 cars every time. Your methodology is not working my friend.

I say 4 cars because you say he got the jump on because of your tires spinning.

Also, in your first thread you say that you could pull (go look at it because I just did) 2 more cars from 90-115. I dont believe that for a minute.

Why must you try to bullshit us? Some folks on here can do it but honestly your story does not add up. 3 + 2 does not equal 9.
    Do you realize how far 4 lengths actually is? It's about 60 feet. Do you really think that it would take a vehicle traveling at 100+ mph a full second to travel 60 feet? That would not even be 1/2 second. A full second in the 1/4 mile would be around 10 actual lengths. 1 mph = 1.5 feet per second. You do the math. I guess some people just have ZERO depth perception.

And yes LS1 F-bodies CAN weigh 3200 lbs without any weight reduction. My car also gets completely sideways at 45 mph on the 1-2 shift, but I bet you're going to call BS on that too?

And where are you getting 9 from? 3 + 2? WHAT? And I said from 90 to 110, not 115. See, you can't even keep my story straight.

I'm not bullshitting anyone, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.

Ray Charles blue

Settle yourself down Francis.

Lets rip this apart one point at a time.

Do you realize how far 4 lengths actually is? It's about 60 feet. Do you really think that it would take a vehicle traveling at 100+ mph a full second to travel 60 feet? That would not even be 1/2 second. A full second in the 1/4 mile would be around 10 actual lengths. 1 mph = 1.5 feet per second. You do the math. I guess some people just have ZERO depth perception.
    Wong, it would be about 64 feet. Learn math my young friend. You are also not going 100 mph for the entire time so your logic is out the window on this one. You are gaining speed at different rates so again, you have no ground to stand on.

I did something quick on my Ti 82 so it may be wrong but it looks like by your logic you cover 147 feet per second at 100 mph. Issue again is you are not at 100 mph for the entire run, only at the peak. Its a progression issue as both vehicles are gaining speed at a different rate and trying to apply 1.5 feet per second is at 1 mph is NOT going to cut it here my friend. You have two cars.....why cant you see this?

Think of it this way, the faster you go the greater the distance for a 1 second interval. Easy way to figure this is to take 2 cars. One can do the 1/4 mile in 1 seconds (just hang with me) and the other can run it in 1.5 seconds. Are you saying there is just 1 car length between them? No, the loser would be back quite a ways. As the times get slower the gaps change.

Oh and as per my last eye exam I have 20-15 vision. My depth perception is fine and I think this pool of "turd" is getting deeper by your every post.

And yes LS1 F-bodies CAN weigh 3200 lbs without any weight reduction. My car also gets completely sideways at 45 mph on the 1-2 shift, but I bet you're going to call BS on that too?
    I dont doubt your car "can" get sideways at 45 but your wheel is turned or its wet out.....not stock and with 3.23 gears in a straight line it wont. Lets just see a slip showing what your car weighs in at and how fast it really is.

We will hold our breath.

And where are you getting 9 from? 3 + 2? WHAT? And I said from 90 to 110, not 115.
    So you can put that much distance on in 20 mph? No way no how. Plus, if you can put that many more on at that distance and he is trapping 101-102 as you DID say you would be well above 110 mph. Which you are not....

3 + 2 does not = 9 is just like your dribble because it doesnt add up. If you had the slightest cognitive ability to see outside of your own realm you would realize I was using fictitious number that dont mean anything. Again, your inability to grasp such concepts is why you think your car is so fast. Those number are picked random out of the air.

And to think you can vote.....hahaha

See, you can't even keep my story straight.
    You cant, you try to use logic to back up the faulty things you post. Easy to see.

I'm not bullshitting anyone, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
    I am not pulling anything out of my ass. I dont feel the need to tell a fib about how fast my car is. The reason you are all bent out of shape is you are mad and you are mad because you are being called out on it. When you get mad you lose and guess what? You lost.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

You really lack in comprehension, don't you? It's not about speed progress in this case. It's about PEAK speed. I said that I was at least 4 cars ahead of that LT1 by 90 mph. That's not even a full quarter mile. Since the 1/4 mile line would be the PEAK point of the race, which means that you go by the PEAK speed of both cars. 100+ mph in 1 second is WAYYY more than 4 lousy car lengths. What speed either car was going before that 1/4 mark means absolutely jack shit in this case. You even said that I should be running a full second quicker than that LT1 in the 1/4 mile. Which, again, is the PEAK point of the race. Please explain to me how any speed below peak speed has ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about. I'll wait.

And quit acting like you have seen my car in action, or that you were there during these races. That makes you sound pretty effing ignorant. I made this thread to prove to everyone that this cammed 383 camaro isn't nearly as fast as people thought it should be. Which it isn't. If anyone is losing here, it's you.

You really don't have a clue what you're saying.
    Last edited by Mystic Z-28; 04-26-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Thread Information