Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Stock termmy wants some of the goat

This is a discussion on Stock termmy wants some of the goat within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by powermad Oh, and superchargedblackgto, get ready to have snake for lunch. Nice vids btw. Thanks Powermad, one ...

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by powermad View Post
    Oh, and superchargedblackgto, get ready to have snake for lunch.

Nice vids btw.
    Thanks Powermad, one of these days I'll upgrade my pics and vids, they are old....>LOL

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Thanks Powermad, one of these days I'll upgrade my pics and vids, they are old....>LOL
    I gotta get some vids as soon as I get my blower put on, set for install on the 8th of October.

Are you running the stock cam?

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

I gotta get some vids as soon as I get my blower put on, set for install on the 8th of October.

Are you running the stock cam?
    For Now, all stock internals, in DEC, stroked lowed compression and a 2.5" pulley, should be around 650-700rwhp.....@ least thats what exotic performance plus tells me.....we'll see, I did pay more for a different helix on the scews to get more boost out of it than the mass produced magnacharger, it has a 3.5" pulley on it now I have a 3" and a 2.5" already in the garage to swap out

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by doodad View Post
    a ported blower cobra will make OVER 500-520rwtq and depends on the port, they will make 490-530rwhp. and due to roots blower, cobras makes GREAT avarage power. GTOs ar enot any lighter than cobras so there is none or very little weight advantage. so, nobody is underestimating your car but a ported cobra >>>> your car. simple and easy. ported cars have seen 10 sec on 1/4 mile and avarage drivers gets them into mid-low 11s with 125+mph trap full weight.

what is your tq? which kind of blower? if it is vortech or procharger, than cobra will pull even more. actually you are underestimating cobras big time. my car is pullied only and ran low 11s I bet you I will give you a run without a problem on a 1/4 mile and i only spent total of 1k to my car.
    throwing it out for what its worth, my wifes cousin has an 03 ported cobra and ran a 10.2xx not sure of the trap but with stock ported blower and no nitrous he tuned in at 687 rwhp, not sure of his other mods but I am sure it is the stock ported blower

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Thats not bad, although i ahve seen F-Bodys wit hthat much power turn 9.7s and even a gew 650rwhp 3800lb supras pull 9.8s.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Thats not bad, although i ahve seen F-Bodys wit hthat much power turn 9.7s and even a gew 650rwhp 3800lb supras pull 9.8s.
    I think he would do better with some suspension mods plus that was his first and only pass. the rest of the car is completely stock and they made him leave because he didn't have any safety gear other than a helmet

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont know if the rest of the car is completely stock, kinda impossible to launch IRS with that much power, I to have had to leave the track for running too low with just a helmet

2000 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    For Now, all stock internals, in DEC, stroked lowed compression and a 2.5" pulley, should be around 650-700rwhp.....@ least thats what exotic performance plus tells me.....we'll see, I did pay more for a different helix on the scews to get more boost out of it than the mass produced magnacharger, it has a 3.5" pulley on it now I have a 3" and a 2.5" already in the garage to swap out
    If you could hit those numbers with a maggie that would be great. Keep posting pics, I have a friend with a yellow GTO and am forwarding your stuff to him. He's eating it up

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    At first, maybe. No doubt the torque off idle is impressive on those type blowers, but when setup properly a centri will more than holds its own. Maybe that's just me trying to defend the procharger I'm about to install

The only one I ran was a disappointment. Pulled him easy by about 8 cars from 50-140. Then 40-140 by a car banging 1st and 3rd rev limiter. Terminator cobra vs my modded N/A LS1.

That's pretty amazing, the only one notable here in town has pullies and drag tires and has managed a best of 11.9 (and is a decent driver). What was your MPH? 60' time?
    I totally agree. there are TON of people who are making 450+rwhp 470+rwtq in cobras and still runnng mid-low 12s. my buddy has a 03 cobra with 475rwhp -509rwtq and his best is 12.1@119 and my other buddy has 03 cobra the same mods as i do plus heat exchanger and his best is 12.2@116mph so far.
    my point is, the car has TONs of balls with the right driver.

i made 455rwhp - 478rwtq and my car weighted with me in it 3870lbs.

i raced my buddy's 535rwhp-479rwtq vortech blown 01 mustang GT from a 60mph till 140mph dead even the entire way. the good thing about roots blower is they make awesome avarage hp. while that vortec blown car was building the power, my power was already on the ground. i hope you understand what i mean.

I ran 11.34@121.9mph with 1.68 60' full weight, no port, stock IRS, 6-speed. I have trapped 123mph best of so far.
    here is the in car video of my run:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...ad00c04a3c.htm

I am shooting for 11.1 or faster as the car sits on a very cool fall weather hopefully without breaking anything. as you see, the car runs like mofo when it is driven right. I am not the best driver and i am not bragging about my driving skills. i am just talking about the car, don't get me wrong on this anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by dlmeadows View Post
    throwing it out for what its worth, my wifes cousin has an 03 ported cobra and ran a 10.2xx not sure of the trap but with stock ported blower and no nitrous he tuned in at 687 rwhp, not sure of his other mods but I am sure it is the stock ported blower
    stock blower will BARELY make 550rwhp on an agressive tune and thats it. You cant make 687rwhp on a stock blower, he had to have aftermarket blower at around 25+psi on race gas to be able to make that power and that depends on the blower size and tune. some people ran with ported cobras 10.8s best of i think. if your wife's cousin, says that it is stock blower, i am sorry but he is fooling you. or he is spraying!

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

stock blower will BARELY make 550rwhp on an agressive tune and thats it. You cant make 687rwhp on a stock blower, he had to have aftermarket blower at around 25+psi on race gas to be able to make that power and that depends on the blower size and tune. some people ran with ported cobras 10.8s best of i think. if your wife's cousin, says that it is stock blower, i am sorry but he is fooling you. or he is spraying!
    I know for a fact he is not spraying and he said he sent the blower to cali and had it ported. could have been an aftermarket blower but i was pretty sure it was stock, I know the numbers are correct, but I will take your word for what stock cobras are capable of.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I ran 11.34@121.9mph with 1.68 60' full weight, no port, stock IRS, 6-speed. I have trapped 123mph best of so far.

I love they way your car just goes completely sideways in the burn out!...

you look really calm man... Concentrated... anyways... NICE RUN!!

C6 H/C/N20

I totally agree. there are TON of people who are making 450+rwhp 470+rwtq in cobras and still runnng mid-low 12s. my buddy has a 03 cobra with 475rwhp -509rwtq and his best is 12.1@119 and my other buddy has 03 cobra the same mods as i do plus heat exchanger and his best is 12.2@116mph so far.
    my point is, the car has TONs of balls with the right driver.

i made 455rwhp - 478rwtq and my car weighted with me in it 3870lbs.

i raced my buddy's 535rwhp-479rwtq vortech blown 01 mustang GT from a 60mph till 140mph dead even the entire way. the good thing about roots blower is they make awesome avarage hp. while that vortec blown car was building the power, my power was already on the ground. i hope you understand what i mean.

I am shooting for 11.1 or faster as the car sits on a very cool fall weather hopefully without breaking anything. as you see, the car runs like mofo when it is driven right. I am not the best driver and i am not bragging about my driving skills. i am just talking about the car, don't get me wrong on this anyone.
    Doodad, great driving.

When are you going to throw a steggy or a used 2.2 and a real clutch in there? A Steg w/ a 2.8 and a 4lb lower made 531rwhp on my car and made it an animal it was so fun. I even outran my buds Whipple Cobra (17lbs vs 17lbs) 2 times. You should swap a solid axle too....it removed 118lbs and makes the car feel violent.
    Let me know if I can help in any way.

Awesome vid.

To the OP, did you actually run the stock Cobra?

C6 H/C/N20

Amazon (ported) just made 541rwhp last time I spoke to Rick. You know your stuff.

687 could be with the nitrous but I have never seen over 541 on a stock blower. Hey 687 is great power either way. Got tires

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Lol this could be, Ive seen supra shich weigh more with 600rwhp run 9.9s.

ANY car with 600+rwhp (3700lbs or less) has the ability to run 9 sec times but they are limited to manual trans and drag radials most of the time. Its easy to loose a half second with my car just spinning between shifts much less a bad launch. I think Daily Driven 9 second cars are going to be the norm soon.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    ANY car with 600+rwhp (3700lbs or less) has the ability to run 9 sec times but they are limited to manual trans and drag radials most of the time. Its easy to loose a half second with my car just spinning between shifts much less a bad launch. I think Daily Driven 9 second cars are going to be the norm soon.
    there's a 9.5sec. Supra here in PR (he averages 9.8)... it's Automatic... 600+whp... Full Weight plus Rollcage and all the good stuff... and they drive it too and from the track after changing out the tires... it does run FULL drag tires I belive...or they are just a Poor Excuse for Drag Radials... LOL... there's videos of it... just Write

Tony Performance Puerto Rico... and a few results should come up... in YouTube

Blue
    04 Silverado

what part of indy do u live [B]blackgto? do you work at andy mohr chevy?

Quote Originally Posted by dlmeadows View Post
    I know for a fact he is not spraying and he said he sent the blower to cali and had it ported. could have been an aftermarket blower but i was pretty sure it was stock, I know the numbers are correct, but I will take your word for what stock cobras are capable of.
    yeah man. we all learn everyday. stock 03/04 cobra blowers will make around 530-540rwhp with a good port, all the bolts on, lower pulley and a good tune and thats it. after that it is time to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    I love they way your car just goes completely sideways in the burn out!...

you look really calm man... Concentrated... anyways... NICE RUN!!

Thanks man. For some reasion, no matter what happens, i don't panic. I don't know wtf is wrong with me. i.e. my hand slipped off the shifter bad and i was like totally cool and got right back on it. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Doodad, great driving.

To the OP, did you actually run the stock Cobra?
    thanks man. Yes i ran 12.70@113mph stock!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information