Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rear End Roaster

Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans am

Stock T/A or Modded Lightning?

I got a guy i know (rich kid) whose fixed up his 01 Lightning with i believe a pulley, tune, exhaust, not sure what else......he's tellin me he's puttin 530 hp to the wheels which is at least 20% BS.....so from a standstill would a stock ls1 trans am beat him? thanx
    When you've been to the other side....it's nice to be home. Long live V8s.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

530 and on just a pulley tune and exhaust...umm no maybe yes maybe 430 and if you dont believe me check avatar....and if he has a pulley making that hes soon to have a holy block if you know what I mean

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by dude2race
    I got a guy i know (rich kid) whose fixed up his 01 Lightning with i believe a pulley, tune, exhaust, not sure what else......he's tellin me he's puttin 530 hp to the wheels which is at least 20% BS.....so from a standstill would a stock ls1 trans am beat him? thanx
    Depends on the "not sure what else" is...but with what you mentioned he doesn't have 530 at the wheels. He could have 500 at the crank...so like zap said...around 430 at the wheels. If he's as rich as you say...he might have a aftermarket blower or at least a ported stocker...so he could be putting 530 at wheels but it's a slim chance. If he can afford all that he can afford a dyno tune...so he might not be lying.....but it's all a what if situation.

Just how stock is your TA and is it a auto or M6? Do you have a lid or any free mods? If you're bone stock down to the filter and silencer...he's gonna walk ya IMO. If you're a good driver and it's a T-56 then you might only get walked a little
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 02-11-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Rear End Roaster

Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans am

i have a lid, k&n, free mod, and flowmaster muffler (yuck), its an a4, installing a little giggle gas (100 shot) in a couple weeks but if he doesnt stop pissing me off i might not last that long

oh and he also has a "mild cam".....those were his words talked to him today....but his exhaust doesnt sound lopey or anything so im not sure how mild....but stock heads and block
    Last edited by dude2race; 02-12-2006 at 09:39 AM.

BigBlockPower
    Sounds like he is only bleeding off bits of information of his real mods to you...I say the way things sound, he has you pretty well covered right now...get that nitrous.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

ur gonna need the 100 shot bro
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    ur gonna need the 100 shot bro

Agreed, The pulley and tune wake up these trucks big time, and if hes running a KB, Whipple, or a higher stage port job on the blower, then he's a serious threat

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

the great thing about it tho, is that if u put that exact same amonut of money he put into his truck , into your car, you'd kill him

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Guys that have "I don't know what else" tend to be full of crap though. Coming back later on and saying "mild cam" is a typical BS manuver, in combination with a 530 to the wheels claim it's really not likely. He's gonna pull you regardless until you get the juice installed

Rear End Roaster

Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans am

i DO know its a stock eaton with a stock port.....and he has no n2o....but im not sure if he has stock gearing, torque converter, etc.

also im not sure why he would replace 4 camshafts and not the heads....which makes me think hes either lying about changing the heads......or having cams at alll....since i hear no lope or anything.....but ill find out eventually when i get the spray in a few days just gotta track down a bottle

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

i DO know its a stock eaton with a stock port.....and he has no n2o....but im not sure if he has stock gearing, torque converter, etc.

also im not sure why he would replace 4 camshafts and not the heads....which makes me think hes either lying about changing the heads......or having cams at alll....since i hear no lope or anything.....but ill find out eventually when i get the spray in a few days just gotta track down a bottle

4 cams? umm we are SOHC which means 2 cams....hes starting to smell of bs

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Guess youll just have to run him and find out. I ran a guy in an 02 lightning with a pulley, exhaust and tuning. Got him by about 2 cars. Then again, that was when My car was running 12.50's.

Rear End Roaster

Blue
    2000 Pontiac Trans am

well, that was ME that assumed they had 4 camshafts i thought all 5.4 were DOHC....my bad.....hope i didnt offend anyone! it's not that he doesnt know what he has.....he just doesnt want me to know......it's takin me forever to coax the little bit of info i do have out of him....and of the few glimpses ive gotten under the hood....so its tough to say what he has but ive just mentioned what i KNOW

p.s. he did say he did a camshaft swap....i just assumed there was 4

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

gotta watch those L guys...the slowest ones in my club are going low 12s, just a pulley, tune and exhaust in some some cases

they are big and heavy, but fast

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

well, that was ME that assumed they had 4 camshafts i thought all 5.4 were DOHC....my bad.....hope i didnt offend anyone! it's not that he doesnt know what he has.....he just doesnt want me to know......it's takin me forever to coax the little bit of info i do have out of him....and of the few glimpses ive gotten under the hood....so its tough to say what he has but ive just mentioned what i KNOW

p.s. he did say he did a camshaft swap....i just assumed there was 4

No offense taken, just educating the masses, you learn something new everyday

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    gotta watch those L guys...the slowest ones in my club are going low 12s, just a pulley, tune and exhaust in some some cases

they are big and heavy, but fast

Thanks for the respect

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    Thanks for the respect
    you'd never guess that I'm an officer in a Ford Club

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge
    you'd never guess that I'm an officer in a Ford Club

red
    01 z28

i have a buddy with one and i use to have one myself. if you race him and he has as much power that he thinks he does hope that he still has the goodyear F-1's on their and race from a stop because he isnt going to hook-up. My friend has 02' L with 4# lower, k&n cai, built tranny, 2000 stall, lt header, and bassanti high flow cats, and a jdm flip chip. i have a 01 Z28 with lt, high flow cats, lm exhaust, air lid, and a predator. we ran from a 25 punch and i took him because he was sideways in the road and then from a 30 roll and we were neck and neck until about 90 or so and then i started pulling away.

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by murray01
    i have a buddy with one and i use to have one myself. if you race him and he has as much power that he thinks he does hope that he still has the goodyear F-1's on their and race from a stop because he isnt going to hook-up. My friend has 02' L with 4# lower, k&n cai, built tranny, 2000 stall, lt header, and bassanti high flow cats, and a jdm flip chip. i have a 01 Z28 with lt, high flow cats, lm exhaust, air lid, and a predator. we ran from a 25 punch and i took him because he was sideways in the road and then from a 30 roll and we were neck and neck until about 90 or so and then i started pulling away.

First of all, tell your buddy to get some traction bars and a set of nitto 555rs, secondly the trucks become a brick wall at high speed

Thread Information