Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 59 of 59

Stock lightning Vs LS1

This is a discussion on Stock lightning Vs LS1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by mrr23 incorrect. if you both left at the same time, the only way you could be ahead ...

  1. #41
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    incorrect. if you both left at the same time, the only way you could be ahead is if you could out 60ft him.
    NO, you're incorrect. At the track I would be accelerating faster to about 50 mph until he stops my pull at 50-60ish. Then 60ish and above he would start to reel me back in crossing the line at the same time, me finishing at 80-81mph him at 83ish. (Technically I would "out 60' him" plus some...till mid to 3/4s of the track).

  2. #42
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    NO, you're incorrect. At the track I would be accelerating faster to about 50 mph until he stops my pull at 50-60ish. Then 60ish and above he would start to reel me back in crossing the line at the same time, me finishing at 80-81mph him at 83ish. (Technically I would "out 60' him" plus some...till mid to 3/4s of the track).
    i dont uderstand why u think u will out accel. me none of the others did and i just dropped the 4.10 gears in so i will be in my powerband even quicker

    i understand u have a truck that should get better hook but at the same time you have less cubes and are relying on a supercharger which u have to bring up to boost or it does nothing therefore at low rpms that thing isnt putting out much hp

  3. #43
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    i tend to think the things have a better chance on the top end where there charger is at full boost and my car is dying for air, thats where they start catching up, but the race is already over

  4. #44
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    i dont uderstand why u think u will out accel. me none of the others did and i just dropped the 4.10 gears in so i will be in my powerband even quicker

    i understand u have a truck that should get better hook but at the same time you have less cubes and are relying on a supercharger which u have to bring up to boost or it does nothing therefore at low rpms that thing isnt putting out much hp
    You need to drive a lightning. Its not a turbo... It has NO lag. It has RAW low RPM acceleration!!! I kinda thought the same way you did when I had my LS1. Until I drove a L. Drive an 03 or 04 though.

  5. #45
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    You need to drive a lightning. Its not a turbo... It has NO lag. It has RAW low RPM acceleration!!! I kinda thought the same way you did when I had my LS1. Until I drove a L. Drive an 03 or 04 though.
    i have driven my brothers cobra several times and it stills has a second where it lags and then the charger kicks in

  6. #46
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    But the L has low end torque equivalent to a Freakin diesel truck!!!

  7. #47
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    superchargers have no lag

  8. #48
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    anyways im done arguing im not a keyboard racer and ill be glad to accomodate you with a place to stay if you would like to come see for yourself

  9. #49
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Sounds good to me.....

  10. #50
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    superchargers have no lag
    not really lag but they have points where they are not at full boost
    when you floor it you can feel the boost come on separately some times at lower rpms

  11. #51
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    the only time i might have any sort of boost lag on mine would be if im chugging at about 1800 rpms in a gear and it takes about 300rpm to be at full boost. maybe your brothers boost gauge is lagging.

  12. #52
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    the only time i might have any sort of boost lag on mine would be if im chugging at about 1800 rpms in a gear and it takes about 300rpm to be at full boost. maybe your brothers boost gauge is lagging.
    thats pretty much it but you can feel it and i know when i car next to you floors it that can feel like an eternity

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    florida
    Age
    42
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    not really lag but they have points where they are not at full boost
    when you floor it you can feel the boost come on separately some times at lower rpms

    No.

    You cant feel anything.You might feel it downshift.

    Hell you woudnt even know there was a supercharger there if you didnt hear it.

  14. #54
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    thats pretty much it but you can feel it and i know when i car next to you floors it that can feel like an eternity
    not really. im talking 6th gear on going like 50mph.

    in regular driving mine will hit 13# INSTANTLY when its floored, and build to 14-15#'s @ 4000rpm or so.

  15. #55
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    NO, you're incorrect. At the track I would be accelerating faster to about 50 mph until he stops my pull at 50-60ish. Then 60ish and above he would start to reel me back in crossing the line at the same time, me finishing at 80-81mph him at 83ish. (Technically I would "out 60' him" plus some...till mid to 3/4s of the track).

    i doubt you want to tell me i'm incorrect. back when i had a completely stock motor with 3.73 gears and 3400 stall.
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....006/mrr231.wmv

  16. #56
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i doubt you want to tell me i'm incorrect. back when i had a completely stock motor with 3.73 gears and 3400 stall.
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....006/mrr231.wmv
    thank u ,nice car btw

  17. #57
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    i doubt you want to tell me i'm incorrect. back when i had a completely stock motor with 3.73 gears and 3400 stall.
    http://www.centralfloridastreetcars....006/mrr231.wmv
    You are TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT!!!(nice vid btw) 1.) You are running slicks. (read my post where I said "Are you running slicks?") Slicks change the whole equation! 2.) The lightning was ASLEEP at the tree. (I said "IF" the cars leave at the SAME TIME...) 3.) Your car is probably a mid to low 8 sec. car (1/8 mile) His car just has a lid and cat back with STREET TIRES. and its an M6 so it's a lot harder to get off the line compared to my truck. I bet you also had LT's, cat back or dumps and some sort of a tune. (this equation just keeps on changing) 4.) You are probably a really good driver also. So really your video is pointless.

  18. #58
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    You are TOTALLY MISSING THE POINT!!!(nice vid btw) 1.) You are running slicks. (read my post where I said "Are you running slicks?") Slicks change the whole equation! 2.) The lightning was ASLEEP at the tree. (I said "IF" the cars leave at the SAME TIME...) 3.) Your car is probably a mid to low 8 sec. car (1/8 mile) His car just has a lid and cat back with STREET TIRES. and its an M6 so it's a lot harder to get off the line compared to my truck. I bet you also had LT's, cat back or dumps and some sort of a tune. (this equation just keeps on changing) 4.) You are probably a really good driver also. So really your video is pointless.
    no not pointless just more to the fact that unless u tree me or your truck is just simply faster that A CAR CAN OUT 60' A TRUCK

  19. #59
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    no not pointless just more to the fact that unless u tree me or your truck is just simply faster that A CAR CAN OUT 60' A TRUCK
    I have NO idea what you just said.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bone Stock Lightning Dyno #'s
    By woodymaro in forum Dyno Information
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
  2. '00 Z28 Vs. '03 Lightning SVT??
    By MikeSomething in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 01:40 PM
  3. fun w/lightning
    By joker in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:21 AM
  4. Stock T/A or Modded Lightning?
    By dude2race in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
  5. Got my Lightning
    By ZAPFOOL!! in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 02:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •