Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Stock lightning Vs LS1

This is a discussion on Stock lightning Vs LS1 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; yes I know I am retarded:...

  1. #21
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    yes I know I am retarded:




  2. #22
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    Maybe from a roll but I SERIOUSLY doubt you could leave one from a dig. Question were the lightning drivers aware that you were racing??? I used to be cocky like you and thought I would destroy every lightning that I came across....Until I got one. What times and speeds do you run at the track? I've only ran 1/8 mile in the truck so far. I haven't had a chance to get to the 1/4 mile yet.
    i see what your saying but what does a dig matter when you have already paSSED THEM AT THE 60FOOT

    AND I BELIEVE WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A STOCK LIGHTNING

    AND YES YOUR RIGHT FROM A ROLL IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME

    BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I KNOW MY BROTHER HAS THE SVT COBRA WITH JUST A PULLEY,EXHAUST AND TUNE AND THAT THING IS QUICK BUT STILL CANT TAKE MY TWO FRIENDS GM,ZEX

  3. #23
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    i see what your saying but what does a dig matter when you have already paSSED THEM AT THE 60FOOT

    AND I BELIEVE WE WERE TALKING ABOUT A STOCK LIGHTNING

    AND YES YOUR RIGHT FROM A ROLL IT WAS A WASTE OF TIME

    BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I KNOW MY BROTHER HAS THE SVT COBRA WITH JUST A PULLEY,EXHAUST AND TUNE AND THAT THING IS QUICK BUT STILL CANT TAKE MY TWO FRIENDS GM,ZEX
    Are you running slicks??? Because John F@$&ing Force him self couldn't launch an M6 Fbody and be ahead of a lightning by the 60' mark!!! Your car probably runs between an 8.7x-8.9x @ 81-83mph in the 1/8 mile....My lightning which is COMPLETELY STOCK (stock intake, stock filter, stock exhaust, stock EVERYTHING) ran an 8.74 @ 81 mph. Therefore your car will be playing CATCH-UP the entire race!!!! That is IF you could squeeze out an 8.7 @ 83 mph. From a roll you might even be surprised. I wouldn't get too cocky.

  4. #24
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    Are you running slicks??? Because John F@$&ing Force him self couldn't launch an M6 Fbody and be ahead of a lightning by the 60' mark!!! Your car probably runs between an 8.7x-8.9x @ 81-83mph in the 1/8 mile....My lightning which is COMPLETELY STOCK (stock intake, stock filter, stock exhaust, stock EVERYTHING) ran an 8.74 @ 81 mph. Therefore your car will be playing CATCH-UP the entire race!!!! That is IF you could squeeze out an 8.7 @ 83 mph. From a roll you might even be surprised. I wouldn't get too cocky.
    WELL I GUESS YOULL JUST HAVE TO COME DOWN AND SEE

    BUT YES IVE RACED THEM AT THE TRACK AND FROM A ROLL AND BEAT THEM
    MAYBE THE DRIVERS I DONT KNOW ,AND YES THEY WERE AWARE OF THE FACT WE WERE RACING,MAYBE REACTION TIME AT THE TRACK WHO KNOWS

    YOUR PRETTY CLOSE ON THE TRACK TIMES 8.7'S ON MOTOR NO SLICKS AND 7.8-7.9'S ON NOS DEPENDING ON HOW BAD I SPIN

    I DID DROP A FEW TENTHS WITH SOME SUSPENSION UPRADES BUT STILL NOT AS CONSISTENT AS ID LIKE TO BE

  5. #25
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    If you ran an 8.7 and I ran an 8.7 then that means that my stock lightning would be ahead of you the ENTIRE race, if you have a higher mph than me....

  6. #26
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    pulley swap...8.2

  7. #27
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    If you ran an 8.7 and I ran an 8.7 then that means that my stock lightning would be ahead of you the ENTIRE race, if you have a higher mph than me....
    well maybe your just that good zaps right swap the pulley and then youll be somewhere,then you would have to meet my other friend

  8. #28
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    If you ran an 8.7 and I ran an 8.7 then that means that my stock lightning would be ahead of you the ENTIRE race, if you have a higher mph than me....
    if both vehicles run the exact same 8.7, how will you be ahead of the other guy????

  9. #29
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    houston, tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,045

    red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    if both vehicles run the exact same 8.7, how will you be ahead of the other guy????
    lighting would get the jump and the ta will catch up @ a higher mph

  10. #30
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    houston, tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,045

    red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    WELL I GUESS YOULL JUST HAVE TO COME DOWN AND SEE

    BUT YES IVE RACED THEM AT THE TRACK AND FROM A ROLL AND BEAT THEM
    MAYBE THE DRIVERS I DONT KNOW ,AND YES THEY WERE AWARE OF THE FACT WE WERE RACING,MAYBE REACTION TIME AT THE TRACK WHO KNOWS

    YOUR PRETTY CLOSE ON THE TRACK TIMES 8.7'S ON MOTOR NO SLICKS AND 7.8-7.9'S ON NOS DEPENDING ON HOW BAD I SPIN

    I DID DROP A FEW TENTHS WITH SOME SUSPENSION UPRADES BUT STILL NOT AS CONSISTENT AS ID LIKE TO BE
    i dont like you comming out here talking shit but ou have a great point. if you run a 8.7 and the other guy runs a 8.5 and you beat him..... you have someone sleeping at the tree.

  11. #31
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    houston, tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,045

    red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    please tell me your not talking about zap? his truck dyno'd alot more then your stock ls1...i'd be careful coming into threads and running your mouth.
    hahahahahahahahahah come on tell me... how much is zap putting down right now!! lol

  12. #32
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    i pulled on one that had a pulley, intake and exhaust pulled him about a car or so from like 40 mph to 60

    they rip from a dig tho, dont race one from a dig
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

  13. #33
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    hahahahahahahahahah come on tell me... how much is zap putting down right now!! lol

  14. #34
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    lighting would get the jump and the ta will catch up @ a higher mph
    why is that assumption made? who says the ws6 guy won't get the jump first? he who gets the better reaction time gets out front.

  15. #35
    Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    houston, tx
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,045

    red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    why is that assumption made? who says the ws6 guy won't get the jump first? he who gets the better reaction time gets out front.
    lol it was a posibility thats all read my post #30 i thought of that 2

  16. #36
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    if both vehicles run the exact same 8.7, how will you be ahead of the other guy????
    I meant if we left the line at the same time I would be ahead the entire race because we ran the same time he just has a high mph so in the last 30 or 40 he would reel me in.

  17. #37
    Bye Bye Officer woodymaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    BURLESON TX
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173

    Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    well maybe your just that good zaps right swap the pulley and then youll be somewhere,then you would have to meet my other friend
    who are your other friends and what do they drive.

  18. #38
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    who are your other friends and what do they drive.
    im refering to my two friends gm/zex (general motors/zex nitrous innovations

    meaning swap the pulley i believe it is the 2.8 and i would have to use my n20 to keep up

  19. #39
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    im not trying to talk smack or offend anyone, the man asked a question and i told him that my car has beat the few svt lightning ive come across, i dont know the drivers ,i dont know what was done too there trucks, but i did beat them

  20. #40
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    I meant if we left the line at the same time I would be ahead the entire race because we ran the same time he just has a high mph so in the last 30 or 40 he would reel me in.
    incorrect. if you both left at the same time, the only way you could be ahead is if you could out 60ft him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bone Stock Lightning Dyno #'s
    By woodymaro in forum Dyno Information
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 03:30 PM
  2. '00 Z28 Vs. '03 Lightning SVT??
    By MikeSomething in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 01:40 PM
  3. fun w/lightning
    By joker in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:21 AM
  4. Stock T/A or Modded Lightning?
    By dude2race in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-13-2006, 05:06 PM
  5. Got my Lightning
    By ZAPFOOL!! in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 02:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •