Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Stock 02 GT with drag radials and gears?

This is a discussion on Stock 02 GT with drag radials and gears? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD Everything. Enough said. WTF is this guy talking about??? I'm lost....

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Everything.

Enough said.
    WTF is this guy talking about???

I'm lost.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Absolutely nothing actually. Now let's get back on topic.
    My post was in direct response to your question (ie..."So how is it that guys w/ ported heads, aftermarket cams, full bolts on, gears, suspension and stripping the car down big time still couldn't manage to run 11's?"), which obviously referenced drag racing, and thus was just as obviously "on topic" - assuming that your post was also "on topic".

I'm sorry that you can't see the relevance. Ditto with your buddy that is lost.

But I will ask again: Do you do much drag racing?

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    My post was in direct response to your question (ie..."So how is it that guys w/ ported heads, aftermarket cams, full bolts on, gears, suspension and stripping the car down big time still couldn't manage to run 11's?"), which obviously referenced drag racing, and thus was just as obviously "on topic" - assuming that your post was also "on topic".

I'm sorry that you can't see the relevance. Ditto with your buddy that is lost.

But I will ask again: Do you do much drag racing?
    Lots of big words. Still no relevancy.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Twas a simple question - not even directed at you.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

So how is it that guys w/ ported heads, aftermarket cams, full bolts on, gears, suspension and stripping the car down big time still couldn't manage to run 11's?
    to answer your question....

its the same reason that some H/C ls1 guys cant get in the 11s and some bolt on cars are there... it doesnt matter what someone else runs, it matters what you run... well thought setup run VERY good, not so well thought up setups, dont.

the reason he asked if you go to the track much... or whatever he said.. is because if you did you would not base of what other people do, but what that car did... ANYTHING can happen...

hope that cleared it up man..

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

One example was a few years back when i had my 01 SS 6speed i took it out to LACR, on one of the runs i went up against this vette. I cant prove nor comfirm what the owner said but he said he was pulling 700hp, i told him i cant wait to see your car run down the track. Either way he ended up next to me when i was running my car. I pulled out ahead of him by 3 car lenghts i look at my drivers side mirror and all i see is smoke and the last few feet of the track he passed me soo fast i thought for a minute i hit the brakes. He probably ran .1 faster then me and easily 20-25 mph faster then me but thats what i can tell. As said above anything can happen, you have to have a good set up as well suspension, tires and driver mod always helps.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by lemons12 View Post
    its the same reason that some H/C ls1 guys cant get in the 11s and some bolt on cars are there... it doesnt matter what someone else runs, it matters what you run... well thought setup run VERY good, not so well thought up setups, dont.
    Remember bolt-on LS1's are infact in the 11's, but at raceweights around 2900-3100lbs dry, which is exceptionally light for our cars. It doesn't take any sort of diet to get a "mild" heads cam LS1 into the 11's. Unlike those GT's that are weighing in around 3k w/ the driver. So that's really not a good comparison. I understand the OP's question 100%! Why would a dozen or more guys average high 11's to mid 12's with bolt-ons, heads and cams GT's? Shows how poorly those motors respond to mods - that's all.

the reason he asked if you go to the track much... or whatever he said.. is because if you did you would not base of what other people do, but what that car did... ANYTHING can happen...

Yeah sure. I'm fixta take a intake/exhaust only LS1 M6 into the 10's! Anything can happen right?

Black
    2000 Z-28

I have no idea what type of drivers those guys were but I'm guessing they must be at least average, or benefit of the doubt, maybe even better than average. Those guys had complete drag suspensions as well as drag rims/tires so it wasn't like they just threw in heads n cams and just spun their way down the track w/ a street setup.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

I have no idea what type of drivers those guys were but I'm guessing they must be at least average, or benefit of the doubt, maybe even better than average. Those guys had complete drag suspensions as well as drag rims/tires so it wasn't like they just threw in heads n cams and just spun their way down the track w/ a street setup.
    I agree!

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Remember bolt-on LS1's are infact in the 11's, but at raceweights around 2900-3100lbs dry, which is exceptionally light for our cars. It doesn't take any sort of diet to get a "mild" heads cam LS1 into the 11's. Unlike those GT's that are weighing in around 3k w/ the driver. So that's really not a good comparison. I understand the OP's question 100%! Why would a dozen or more guys average high 11's to mid 12's with bolt-ons, heads and cams GT's? Shows how poorly those motors respond to mods - that's all.

Yeah sure. I'm fixta take a intake/exhaust only LS1 M6 into the 10's! Anything can happen right?
    i know this.. if i know the times dont you think i would know the weights.. doesnt matter what they weigh, or what suspension/tire they have.. no internal work.. just boltons.. is bolt ons.. period.

within reason... if you havnt figured that out by now then you havnt learned very much.... this "385" hp ls1 should be able to beat you unless it has a 75 shot on it right.... hahahahahhahaha ok....

or maybe not....? there are people all over this site with setups that should be running a full second faster, but they arent.... that means someone else with less mods can beat them by a whole lot.... was just trying to help you out instead of making fun of you....... sorry.......

Black
    2000 Z-28

or maybe not....? there are people all over this site with setups that should be running a full second faster, but they arent.... that means someone else with less mods can beat them by a whole lot.... was just trying to help you out instead of making fun of you....... sorry.......
    I'm well aware that the better driver can account for a lot. It just seems like you're assuming those guy are horrible drivers and maybe they are but then why get yourself exposed in a huge magazine like that only to show that you're one of the worst drivers on the planet? I know I wouldn't want that kind of exposure if I couldn't drive and I'm doubting they would either.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

i know this.. if i know the times dont you think i would know the weights.. doesnt matter what they weigh, or what suspension/tire they have.. no internal work.. just boltons.. is bolt ons.. period.

within reason... if you havnt figured that out by now then you havnt learned very much.... this "385" hp ls1 should be able to beat you unless it has a 75 shot on it right.... hahahahahhahaha ok....
    Oh lets not get back on that. Everyone knows your car isn't as fast as you say it is Lemons.

True. But i'd bet if you put 10 guys here in a single shootout not ALL of them are going to be a full second behind, apparently like these guys were. I very rarely call B.S. but I would of love to see a track vid of that "Bolt-on" 11-second 2-valve, or atleast a timeslip posted with the thread which is what most people do when they accomplish something 'bizzare'. Before now, I had never heard of that car.

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Oh lets not get back on that. Everyone knows your car isn't as fast as you say it is Lemons.

True. But i'd bet if you put 10 guys here in a single shootout not ALL of them are going to be a full second behind, apparently like these guys were. I very rarely call B.S. but I would of love to see a track vid of that "Bolt-on" 11-second 2-valve, or atleast a timeslip posted with the thread which is what most people do when they accomplish something 'bizzare'. Before now, I had never heard of that car.
    no, you just dont think it is as fast as it is.. there are PLENTY of people on this board and on ls1tech that have seen my car run and know EXACTLY what my car runs buddy.......... why dont you come find out how slow it is?

i have showed you my proof.... your just an idiot...

i have seen a vid... just cant find it... its a red mustang... at night, at a track...

silver
    2002 ws6

in the end it's all still the same. 2v's suck.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Down here there is a guy with a Blue 01 Gt.
    He has all the K&N intake, MAC Long tube headers, 2.5 inch H pipe with flow masters. 4.30 or 4.10 gears. Throttle body. TKO tranny. Tune. DRIVER MOD And Slicks runs low 12s all day...
    Maybe some weight reduction and A/C delete. I am not sure.

300RWHP, 341RWTQ
    1/8 mile 8.32 at 83.97
    1/4 mile 13.049 at 105.24

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Down here there is a guy with a Blue 01 Gt.
    He has all the K&N intake, MAC Long tube headers, 2.5 inch H pipe with flow masters. 4.30 or 4.10 gears. Throttle body. TKO tranny. Tune. DRIVER MOD And Slicks runs low 12s all day...
    Maybe some weight reduction and A/C delete... and heads, cams, ported intake, blah blah blah.
    Fixed.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Nope.
    But then again he is running with slicks and hes a really good driver. He has really low gears, beefed tranny.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information