Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

STI vs Camaro Z28 98+

This is a discussion on STI vs Camaro Z28 98+ within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Sleeper101 Wasn't talking about your car, I was referring to all the guys who like to write ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Wasn't talking about your car, I was referring to all the guys who like to write a 3 page Essay on how a bad a STI or EVO runs against there T/A when i have seen at the Track MANY MANY years of the STI's and Evo's running pretty dead even with the Stock T/a's and Camaro's.

My point is Lets see some Ass whooping Video's you guys do. Then Talk trash.
    Thats funny because all the stock Evos and STI's I've seen at the track run high 13's to low 14's. Most people don't enjoy destroying the drivetrain of their $35,000 car, so 6K clutch drops aren't always part of the equation. And if you don't launch hard as hell in those cars, you aren't even running close to stock LS1s, period.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Folks on here can only talk trash, I have never seen anyone ever prove anything they say, Its just all Theory's. I like Video evidence myself.

I've posted plenty of AWD evidence via videos =p I even made a video specifically for wesman.

Was great too.......my evo was still on alcohol injection, I did a 15-110 rip without showing the speedo and everyone and their brother called BS on me. Then I posted a video of my speedo =)

Thread was then locked for too much arguing. Gotta love it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I've posted plenty of AWD evidence via videos =p I even made a video specifically for wesman.

Was great too.......my evo was still on alcohol injection, I did a 15-110 rip without showing the speedo and everyone and their brother called BS on me. Then I posted a video of my speedo =)

Thread was then locked for too much arguing. Gotta love it.
    That video was hilarious, you were claiming your car had no turbo lag and it was blatantly obvious from the video that it had absolutely no low end power whatsoever.

It was also hilarious that you went out of your way to make a video just for me to prove something that I didn't even care about. Nobody was impressed, its not like we haven't ever seen an 11 second car on here before, there are tons of them everywhere. There are plenty of LS1's with just cams running 11's. I think you impressed yourself more than anyone else on this board.
    Last edited by Wesman; 08-18-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    ahh ok...i wanna drift in my t/a...but its 2 heavy...
    No its not. I drift my camaro all the time....Its much better than a 240sx stock.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    I'll disagree with you on that. My C6 will easily have no problem keeping up and passing an awd evo or sti. It's knowing how to drive and suspension and tires. Awd is for beginners. If there is anyone doubting me, my T/A will be at byron, illinois this weekend if you care to watch how "difficult" it is for rwd to hook.

never said anything about you CATCHING the evo..and ive already ate my own 08 ls3 c6 btw GULP..nice lil snack ....my point is an awd car launching on the street where traction is definitly no where near at the track is IN GENERAL all drivers being equal going to eat a rwd car off the line....all drivers are not always equal as you are mentioning ud give john force a run for his money

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

theres reasons high power expensive sports cars mainly drivin on the street are AWD or MID/REAR engine cars ferrari/lambo/porche....easier for rich ppl with moderate driving skills to actually USE that power and put it to the pavement

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    theres reasons high power expensive sports cars mainly drivin on the street are AWD or MID/REAR engine cars ferrari/lambo/porche....easier for rich ppl with moderate driving skills to actually USE that power and put it to the pavement
    sorta have to disagree with you on the mid/rear engine cars part..the reason why the high performance cars use the mr or rr is because of weight distribution aspect..and the handling/ect ..not for rich ppl to use the power

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Your cars are not too heavy to drift, its mostly a combo of the cars weight balance and Grip of the tires, You do want the car to grip, But also have enough powr to break that grip. It gives you better car control.

As for the Video's Wesman, You must of missed my video of me Whooping the Shit out of a Nitrous Mustang at the track.
    My 240sx Vs a Nitrous Mustang

Even tho I only cut a 1.7 60ft I think the Mustangs Nitrous LAG was a Bit more than My so Called TURBO lag.

My normal 1.5 60's must be a timing error since I got so much lag Damn these LOW TQ Low Power Pieces of Crap Shit boxes.

TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

i cant really drift my t/a its a4...so i cant really stay in a gear....fuck it im trading my t/a im for sumthin turbo awd.....sti, evo, gsx, tsi....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

If I was going to build a AWD car for the money I would def get an Older generation talon, The 6 bolt main 4g63 series motors.Def cheaper to build than ANY evo or STI would be, Plus you can find them for around 2-5k all day long. The last one I bought was a 90 model and had a blown head gasket, I picked it up for 800$ So you really can't beat them.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

If I was going to build a AWD car for the money I would def get an Older generation talon, The 6 bolt main 4g63 series motors.Def cheaper to build than ANY evo or STI would be, Plus you can find them for around 2-5k all day long. The last one I bought was a 90 model and had a blown head gasket, I picked it up for 800$ So you really can't beat them.
    yea...but wut about the crankwalk problem in the older talons?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Its the New talons the 7 bolt main blocks that have the crank walk problem.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

oh i thought it was the 6 bolt main blocks...my boy had a 97 tsi...with mad stuff done to it...but he blew it up due to the crank walk issue...now he has a 91 talon tsi awd...but his tranny is bad...

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

ya the newer one he had is the 7 bolt block. I would never build one of those. The 91 should have the 6 bolt block. The tranny's are not built to strong and also mine had a Bad problem of jumping time when first starting. it done it twice on me, It was weird, But they are worth building as long as you do them right they will run great. I recommend the John shepherd transmission if he is going to beat and bang on it.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

ahh ok....im looking around for a tsi...u kno somewhere i could get 1 cheap

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Not in Alaska LOL,

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

yea...i saw 1 on craigslist for like 920 hood was missing...but it was already sold

White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

yah talons are known for breaking down but when there running those tsi's are insane my friend has one and when its not broke he kills me everytime no matter what race he gives me he always beats my m6, maybe its cause hes boostin 32pounds lol haha i drift all the time in my m6 actually i got a ticket the other night doing a powerslide 180 in front of an undercover in a gto

White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

if u get a talon check the diffs right when u get it and the trans

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Your cars are not too heavy to drift, its mostly a combo of the cars weight balance and Grip of the tires, You do want the car to grip, But also have enough powr to break that grip. It gives you better car control.

As for the Video's Wesman, You must of missed my video of me Whooping the Shit out of a Nitrous Mustang at the track.
    My 240sx Vs a Nitrous Mustang

Even tho I only cut a 1.7 60ft I think the Mustangs Nitrous LAG was a Bit more than My so Called TURBO lag.

My normal 1.5 60's must be a timing error since I got so much lag Damn these LOW TQ Low Power Pieces of Crap Shit boxes.
    LOL you're bragging about beating up on a practically stock 215HP 5.0 with a shot of nitrous. Nothing like picking on the handicapped

Sorry to hear about all the lag in your "low torque piece of crap shit box". Perhaps next time you should not bother even trying.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information