Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

STI vs Camaro Z28 98+

This is a discussion on STI vs Camaro Z28 98+ within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by tonyjnjz i HIGHLY doubt it.......check out 0-60 times of very fast production cars.....awd cars run faster.....and sti ...

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i HIGHLY doubt it.......check out 0-60 times of very fast production cars.....awd cars run faster.....and sti or evo both run under 5 sec to 60 with only 230 wheel hp......fastest ive seen them test an ls1 z run is 5.1 with 300 rwhp .....sry man....im doubtful ....have to beat on an awd car to launch the piss out of it though.....not my cup of tea
    yes but that is from the facrtory, like i said with the proper setup it will. I was not a believer till a saw it in a few vids. I will try to find some.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by 180ls1 View Post
    yes but that is from the facrtory, like i said with the proper setup it will. I was not a believer till a saw it in a few vids. I will try to find some.
    evos run 1.7 60 foot times on stock tires over and over and over...our cars are not capable of that w/o drag rads ...and this is at the track where conditions are sticky.....on the street no way

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    evos run 1.7 60 foot times on stock tires over and over and over...our cars are not capable of that w/o drag rads ...and this is at the track where conditions are sticky.....on the street no way
    I'll disagree with you on that. My C6 will easily have no problem keeping up and passing an awd evo or sti. It's knowing how to drive and suspension and tires. Awd is for beginners. If there is anyone doubting me, my T/A will be at byron, illinois this weekend if you care to watch how "difficult" it is for rwd to hook.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    I'll disagree with you on that. My C6 will easily have no problem keeping up and passing an awd evo or sti. It's knowing how to drive and suspension and tires. Awd is for beginners. If there is anyone doubting me, my T/A will be at byron, illinois this weekend if you care to watch how "difficult" it is for rwd to hook.
    Im sure you will be packing a set of Dr's or Slicks?

I have Never seen a Street tire om any RWD cut any better than 1.8 60' with any Driver.

You must be Street radial Jesus if your doing any better with any suspension and any car IMO.

If your on Slicks or even Dr's then yes I see that.

Does anyone have John Shepard's 60' times?

TURBO AWD....YESSSSSSSSSS 317Born's Avatar
    08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

wuts done 2 ur t/a and c6 if u dont mind me asking?

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 317Born View Post
    wuts done 2 ur t/a and c6 if u dont mind me asking?
    As for being a complete ass before,
    Last edited by adam3566; 08-18-2008 at 05:30 PM.

White/Gold
    99 T/A sold/67 Firebird

I will pay money to see an ALL completely bone stock sti run a 12.99999

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

As for being a complete ass before,

dawg u da 1 dat started it talking about i couldnt drive my car...and u hope english isnt my first language....dont dish shit out if u cant take the shit back...were all adults here arent we

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Folks on here can only talk trash, I have never seen anyone ever prove anything they say, Its just all Theory's. I like Video evidence myself.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Folks on here can only talk trash, I have never seen anyone ever prove anything they say, Its just all Theory's. I like Video evidence myself.

i never said my car was fast its a stock ls1 t/a....running 13.6 in the 1/4...pretty damn slow if u ask me...the english teacher or wutever he is, is talking all the trash bout how fast his t/a and c5 is....no videos 2 prove it so it doesnt exist

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

I'm sure there are a few people on here that go to byron, illinois on the weekends. I will be more than glad to have my wife use her digital camera to show you what it runs. Or have a few people come and watch, more the better.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

i never said my car was fast its a stock ls1 t/a....running 13.6 in the 1/4...pretty damn slow if u ask me...the english teacher or wutever he is, is talking all the trash bout how fast his t/a and c5 is....no videos 2 prove it so it doesnt exist
    Don't need to prove anything to you, ask anyone on ls1tech about my times and if I am lieing.
    Last edited by adam3566; 08-18-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Wasn't talking about your car, I was referring to all the guys who like to write a 3 page Essay on how a bad a STI or EVO runs against there T/A when i have seen at the Track MANY MANY years of the STI's and Evo's running pretty dead even with the Stock T/a's and Camaro's.

My point is Lets see some Ass whooping Video's you guys do. Then Talk trash.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

Don't need to prove anything to you, ask anyone on ls1tech about my times and if I am lieing.

so u can post ur times and shit on ls1tech....but not ls1.com...kinda strange mane...why dont u take a pic of ur time slip and post it up so everyone can see how bad ass ur cars are....or not....

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

so u can post ur times and shit on ls1tech....but not ls1.com...kinda strange mane...why dont u take a pic of ur time slip and post it up so everyone can see how bad ass ur cars are....or not....
    Will do.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

Wasn't talking about your car, I was referring to all the guys who like to write a 3 page Essay on how a bad a STI or EVO runs against there T/A when i have seen at the Track MANY MANY years of the STI's and Evo's running pretty dead even with the Stock T/a's and Camaro's.

My point is Lets see some Ass whooping Video's you guys do. Then Talk trash.
    oh ok...wasnt tryin 2 come at u like that...just puttin it out there...wuts good with ur 240?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

oh ok...wasnt tryin 2 come at u like that...just puttin it out there...wuts good with ur 240?
    No problem, As of right now Nothing good LOL, Im done for this race season, I burnt up my coils 2 weeks ago, Im going bigger turbo for next race season, Plan on getting it in the 6's. So far this season its been 7.56 @ 93MPH in the 1/8th with a 1.58 60'.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

No problem, As of right now Nothing good LOL, Im done for this race season, I burnt up my coils 2 weeks ago, Im going bigger turbo for next race season, Plan on getting it in the 6's. So far this season its been 7.56 @ 93MPH in the 1/8th with a 1.58 60'.
    kool kool...u ever thought about getting in to drifting?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

I use to drift alot, But Cops started getting too bad out and traffic started getting bad on the MT roads I use to run so i got out of it. There is No tracks around me to do it, So I just started Drag racing instead. Its legal, I would rather keep my license and not crash my car than to put someone else into danger of me being sidways @ 65MPH.

If I had a track close I would prob do both. I enjoy Drifting Alot, but just no were's to do it.

08 Mazda CX-7 2.3l Turbo

ahh ok...i wanna drift in my t/a...but its 2 heavy...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information