Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Steigmeyer Ported 2.93 Pulley 03 Cobra KILL!

Allright fellas, went to a party at 710 dragstrip Saturday night. It was a party, but they had 3 or 4 drag only cars, and a few street cars, ALL MUSTANGS, and a stock white vette. The lanes were open for anyone who wanted to race, and they had a DJ with a monstrous sound system, and a wet T-shirt contest worth 500 bones to the winner.

T-shirt contest & Party: Any girl willing to bare all and dance could get up there, and four from the party actually did! I mean they got BUTT ASS naked, showing everything God gave 'em. And FREE BEER! Too bad the other three girls didn't get JACK for ruining their reputation, but, it sure was fun to watch!

Anyway, this guy has a black 03 with Satin wheels & pillar gauges, said he has a 2.93 pulley with a Steigmeyer ported Eaton, and he didn't go into the exhaust, but it sure sounded good so I assume at least a catback. I told him I wanted to run that 03 when he first got there, but after he told me the mods, I kinda wanted to change my mind. Especially with like 400 people at the party. He said he had run a 7.50 with slicks, before the supercharger was ported. But, I noticed he had slim tread, and 275's on the back, so I am thinking, maybe I got chance if I outdrive him, but what the hell, everybody wants to see sh*t like this anyway, so let's give it to 'em.

We heated 'em up, then lined 'em up and I heard someone say, "watch that Cobra bust that Camaro," in the background. I let him stage up first, then I rolled up, and we were off. I didn't even see him after midway second, and I was going through the lights and he might have been halfway. We get to the end of the track and he said he smoked his clutch in third. He wasn't lying, I could smell that thing stinking. Too bad! COBRA go BROKY, COBRA go home.

That was the only Mustang, except for a Fox body with 10" slicks, that would have been competition, and it was trailered there. And he ran a 6.50 or something, fuck that, I would have been wasting my gas and tires just to attempt to run him.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

87 Mustang lx

Wouldnt exactly call that a kill . He broke he lost but i wouldnt be calling that a kill. with a good clutch you would be toast. Those cars with ported eatons make 500+ rw. Sounds like you had fun though
    87 lx, stock block and cam, Edelbrock heads, Gt40 intake, Ptk Gen II turbo kit t60-1.

2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

dont let him bust your balls man a win is a win. yes if his clutch didnt go pop he would be the winner but it died and you won. good kill

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

If he loses its a killl...run what u brung ...that includes driver and vehicle

87 Mustang lx

Yeah the other day I was at the track and i ran a big block chevy with a blower making 850 hp and he broke 3/4 down the track. I still past the finish line first but that doesnt mean its a kill. But according to your logic I killed him right? I beat a 850 hp big block

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Run what you brung.....on that day Im the better

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by volksmech1
    clutch didnt go pop he would be the winner
    Not necessarily. I hooked hard out of the whole, and was ahead before his clutch went bye bye. Maybe after he caught traction it would have been a different story. But, it was an 1/8th mile track, so it might have already been too late for him. A 1/4 mile track would have been an altogether different race.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by turbo87lx
    Yeah the other day I was at the track and i ran a big block chevy with a blower making 850 hp and he broke 3/4 down the track. I still past the finish line first but that doesnt mean its a kill. But according to your logic I killed him right? I beat a 850 hp big block
    You passed the finish line first??? Hmmmm, doesn't that mean you win? Maybe I am wrong on that? Oh that's right, it is the second person to get through the traps that wins.

I know, being a Ford fanatic causes you to defend the car that prolly should have won, it is understandable. We both had street tires, mine were 295/35 Proxes that hook awesome after heating them up, and I had gears, with 300 or so less pounds. If we both would have had slicks, and the clutch on the Cobra would have held, then I would prolly be posting the opposite, GOT KILLED. If my rear end would have broken, it would have been, GOT KILLED and BROKE MY SH*T. But no, it is COBRA GOT KILLED and BROKE HIS SH*T. Better him than me, that stuff gets real expensive real quick.

He could still drive it home though. By the way, the guy told me I already had a car length on him when his clutch blew. Can you say, HOLESHOT? He said he was spinning real bad in first and got sideways in second. Sounds like a recipe for getting stung from a dig to me.

That my friends, is where the driver's skill comes into play. Anybody can floor a car that is getting traction, what do you do when you got so much power the tires go up in smoke if you are too generous, or if the guy racing you is so fast, that you will need every bit of throttle and traction just to be close, and you can't afford to take off with little throttle?

Turbo87, if you drag race, then you should know these things, and this debate shouldn't be happening.

87 Mustang lx

I know that anything can happen on the street or track. a higher hp car with a bad driver can lose to weaker car with a good driver.
    traction is everything especially in the 1/8 mile. yes a win is a win no matter what and if it was a money race you would have taken his money but none of that applies here. all I'm sayin is I wouldn't claim this as a legit kill or you might want to change the thread title. if he didn't break and you still won I would say nice kill.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

It's a cheap win because the guy's car broke. I wish it wouldn't have broke, because I had his ass anyway.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Mustang logic at it's finest. Toastem, a win is a win. Tell him you'll race him again after his clutch is fixed, should be a good race.

87 Mustang lx

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSGUN
    Mustang logic at it's finest. Toastem, a win is a win. Tell him you'll race him again after his clutch is fixed, should be a good race.
    Mustang logic? How so. Sounds like camaro logic more to me posting a " kill"! against a broken car. Lame if you ask me. This kill should never have been posted. He beat a broken car. Go race him when he is fixed and then post the outcome. Dont say you had him until you go out and beat him fair then he can talk all the smack he wants. And why dont you race him at a 1/4 mile track instead of the 1/8.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

If you agree to race someone and you both pull off the line who ever makes it to the end of the track first is the winner. Whatever the reason was that the car didn't make down the track first is too bad... My foot slipped off the clutch, I missed 2nd, I couldn't get any traction! Too bad learn to drive the car! I fried my clutch, too bad, go get it fixed and then try again. I would have said the same thing to Roastem if he was crying about a broken part. A win is a win...

87 Mustang lx

Yes a win is a win I already said that but to brag about it like he accomplished something ( read his thread title, he went out of his way to list mods on the cobra) is lame and gets no respect in my book. Maybe next time he will post after they have a rematch when that cobra is healthy.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Yes a win is a win I already said that but to brag about it like he accomplished something ( read his thread title, he went out of his way to list mods on the cobra) is lame and gets no respect in my book. Maybe next time he will post after they have a rematch when that cobra is healthy.
    Maybe he was slipping the clutch to keep from spinning, and slipped it a little too much and fried his clutch. Driver error, and not the car's fault. That is a damn good clutch from the factory in those Cobra's. I told him I would race him again when he got the clutch fixed, and recommended that he put better tires on it. Your bashing on a Chevy website, Mr. 5-poster, is getting you no respect.

When Mike Tyson got knocked the f*ck out by Buster Douglas, everybody thought it was a sham, wrong even. Unbelieving of the outcome. But guess what, the fight was twelve rounds, and if you can't make it through the last round, then you AIN'T GONNA WIN. The Cobra driver didn't make it to the last round, sure it had power, pillar gauges, sounded sweet, but guess what, he didn't make it the last round, just like old Iron Mike. TOUGH TITTY

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Mustang logic? How so. Sounds like camaro logic more to me posting a " kill"! against a broken car. Lame if you ask me. This kill should never have been posted. He beat a broken car. Go race him when he is fixed and then post the outcome. Dont say you had him until you go out and beat him fair then he can talk all the smack he wants. And why dont you race him at a 1/4 mile track instead of the 1/8.
    I raced a red 03 with similar mods, and sounded better than this black one actually. We raced on the highway, and we were dead even from 80 to 140 three times. I didn't say that one was a kill, b/c I didn't have the power to go around him, and he didn't have the power to go around me.

F*ck all this talk, turbo go get you an 03 and do some mods to it, I will go throw some heads on the Z and a small shot of NOS and I will drive to BUMF*CK EGYPT to race your ass.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

It doesnt matter if it was a top fuel dragster, whoever's ahead at the end wins.

red
    1994 mustang gt

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I raced a red 03 with similar mods, and sounded better than this black one actually. We raced on the highway, and we were dead even from 80 to 140 three times. I didn't say that one was a kill, b/c I didn't have the power to go around him, and he didn't have the power to go around me.

F*ck all this talk, turbo go get you an 03 and do some mods to it, I will go throw some heads on the Z and a small shot of NOS and I will drive to BUMF*CK EGYPT to race your ass.
    BS. you raced a cobra with similar mods. it obviously was driver error or a bad tune. That car should have well over 500 rwh and trapping well into the mid 120's. over 100rwh more than you. He should have walked you hard from an 80 roll. And dont give me the weight thing your car is not that much lighter than a 03. The guy obviously couldnt drive. And I dont need a cobra I have my turbo fox. That would be enough to take you any day of the week.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by turbo94gt
    BS. you raced a cobra with similar mods. it obviously was driver error or a bad tune. That car should have well over 500 rwh and trapping well into the mid 120's. over 100rwh more than you. He should have walked you hard from an 80 roll. And dont give me the weight thing your car is not that much lighter than a 03. The guy obviously couldnt drive. And I dont need a cobra I have my turbo fox. That would be enough to take you any day of the week.
    Another turbo 5.0 FAG Queen. Why don't you cornbread eatin', blue-oval lovin', fart sniffin' ghetto trash go back to the stang boards and stay there.

Oh yeah, the red 03 said he had a 2.93 pulley, and full exhaust, but past that I don't know. He might have had it tuned, but he didn't know the rwhp. All I know is it sounded raw, and spewed the crap out of carbon when he shifted it.
    Last edited by Roastem; 05-18-2006 at 10:17 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by turbo94gt
    That is TWO of your pullied supercharged dream machines that have went down to a 12K lowly Z28, so go home and cry your eyes out wimp.
    Last edited by Roastem; 05-18-2006 at 10:29 AM.

Thread Information