Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58

stang vs t/a

This is a discussion on stang vs t/a within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by TrickStang37 my friends bone stock 96 Cobra put down 257 rwhp. The new GT's dyno about 10 ...

  1. #41
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    my friends bone stock 96 Cobra put down 257 rwhp. The new GT's dyno about 10 rwhp more. Really, with the weight difference, they are equal i would say.
    I don't know about equal - similar though. I've seen a few stock S197's run in the mid-high 13's @ 103, give or take.
    I can't even count how many bone-stock '96-98 Cobra's i've seen run over the last 10 years or so, and most have ran in the 14.0 range @ 100-101, with a couple dipping in the 13.90's. And both cars weight virtually the same, around 3400lbs. So yes there close, but not quite equal.

  2. #42
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    he needs gearing more than anything.
    it has gears. otherwise the car wouldnt move at all...

  3. #43
    LS1 chosen son lemons12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    2,010

    TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    it has gears. otherwise the car wouldnt move at all...
    wow... nice assumption.

  4. #44
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    it has gears. otherwise the car wouldnt move at all...
    i never said it didnt have any gears. it's not that complicated, it needs better gearing.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    i never said it didnt have any gears. it's not that complicated, it needs better gearing.
    Mustang Flaws:

    Weak Engine
    Small Gears
    Small Transmission

    F-body Flaws
    Rear End
    Driveshaft
    pushrods

  6. #46
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Why are pushrods a flaw?

    Please explain "small transmission"

    Please explain "small gears"

    What is the driveshaft a flaw?

    I agree the Mustang GT has been down on power relative to the F-body since the days of the 5.0 vs 3rd Gen, and that the rear-end in the F-body is an issue.

  7. #47
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Have you really no faith that you have to ask? damn wtf?

  8. #48
    Speed Racer 99 Kobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    209

    White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Have you really no faith that you have to ask? damn wtf?
    ???
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

  9. #49
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    [best Darth Vader voice]The stupidity is strong with this one.[/best Darth Vader voice]
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    ++1
    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    ++2
    Looks like this was directed at me...???

  10. #50
    This thread some kind of joke? The new mustangs are more of a match for a LT1 (15yr technoligy FTW). Give the Mustangs another 10 years they might be able to compete with a LS1.

  11. #51
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Looks like this was directed at me...???
    Speaking only for me....my statement was not directed at you at all. In fact, taking a look back at what you posted, your observations were pretty representative of what I would expect.

    My opinion, of course.

  12. #52
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_06374 View Post
    This thread some kind of joke? The new mustangs are more of a match for a LT1 (15yr technoligy FTW). Give the Mustangs another 10 years they might be able to compete with a LS1.
    First off, learn to spell technology.

    And second, the 03/04 Cobra came out and killed the existing fbody's. I dont even think the '10 Camaro's are going to be ahead in a similarly priced car. That's 6 years now without matching the cobra and when the '10's finally do come out, that will be more likely than not be 7 years running.

  13. #53
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    First off, learn to spell technology.

    And second, the 03/04 Cobra came out and killed the existing fbody's. I dont even think the '10 Camaro's are going to be ahead in a similarly priced car. That's 6 years now without matching the cobra and when the '10's finally do come out, that will be more likely than not be 7 years running.
    Once again, the Camaro/Firebird's were no longer in production in 2003, so you can basically compare the new at the time terminators to the existing modified LS1 F-bodies, which is definitely more than a match. How can you make an honest comparison between two cars that came out in different production years? Second, what do you mean when you say: I dont even think the '10 Camaro's are going to be ahead in a similarly priced car.?; please explain.

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Why are pushrods a flaw?

    Please explain "small transmission"

    Please explain "small gears"

    What is the driveshaft a flaw?

    I agree the Mustang GT has been down on power relative to the F-body since the days of the 5.0 vs 3rd Gen, and that the rear-end in the F-body is an issue.
    Pushrods on an Fbody are the next weakest link, Ive read a few post saying that.

    Small Transmission on a mustang 5-speed

    about the driveshaft... I dunno i needed to compare 3 i just cant go by 1.

  15. #55
    Senior Member BLKCLOUD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    1,100

    B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    Pushrods on an Fbody are the next weakest link, Ive read a few post saying that.
    Every engine has a weak link. The fact that a pushrod might be the engine's weakest link isn't necessarily a bad thing. Why? They are easy to replace and typically serve as a "fuse" that might protect other, more vital/expensive components.

    Small Transmission on a mustang 5-speed
    And? So it has one less OD gear. So what? It is also more efficient (smaller means less mass means less energy needed to turn it).

    about the driveshaft... I dunno i needed to compare 3 i just cant go by 1.
    Not sure what you're referring to here (if you don't know, then why list it as a "flaw"?), but ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    ....How can you make an honest comparison between two cars that came out in different production years?....
    It's done here all the time. Example: Comparing the LT1 F-body (93-97) to the New Edge Mustang (99-04).

  16. #56
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    It's done here all the time. Example: Comparing the LT1 F-body (93-97) to the New Edge Mustang (99-04).
    Notice I said honest comparison

  17. #57
    Senior Member INMY01TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The great red state of MD.
    Posts
    5,755

    Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    And second, the 03/04 Cobra came out and killed the existing fbody's. I dont even think the '10 Camaro's are going to be ahead in a similarly priced car.
    I wouldn't say it "killed them". Stock for stock yes the Cobra would win, modded, depends. As for the "10's" Camaro I'd bet it'll have enough to hang with the current Stang at the time.

  18. #58
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    i never said it didnt have any gears. it's not that complicated, it needs better gearing.
    well now you've peaked my buddies interest. he wants to know what gears to go to, and how it will affect his mileage...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Evo vs my Stang
    By Crimson Sin in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:56 PM
  2. Stang Up!
    By TempleU_WS6 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 04:43 AM
  3. 04 C5 vs S/C stang
    By Danger731 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
  4. My T/A vs 01 Stang VID
    By eltransam2k in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 12:38 PM
  5. First Stang.....and second!
    By Arrison24 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •