Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

SS vs. Supercharged GT

This is a discussion on SS vs. Supercharged GT within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by nevrlift i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY.... +2 ... if i was leaving it ...

  1. #21
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY....
    +2
    ... if i was leaving it stock.

  2. #22
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    .....

  3. #23
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY....
    preach the truth brotha. haha lol

  4. #24
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    +2
    ... if i was leaving it stock.
    +2... if i was not leaving it stock. the money you would waste on getting 300+rwhp out of a mustang would more than pay for a new rear end. so then you would have a new rear and 300 rwhp, half the money spent.

  5. #25
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    +2... if i was not leaving it stock. the money you would waste on getting 300+rwhp out of a mustang would more than pay for a new rear end. so then you would have a new rear and 300 rwhp, half the money spent.
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You have now dogged everyone who, through out history, has modified cheaper cars compared to the more powerful expensive car.


  6. #26
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You have now dogged everyone who, through out history, has modified cheaper cars compared to the more powerful expensive car.

    Nice kill!

    Mogs01gt, how much of a pain in the ass is it for you stang guys to do head and/or cam work? I saw them do a cam(s) swap on HPTV once and it just looked complicated with the 2 timing chains hangin all over the place and that HUGE timing cover... A friend of mine just paid off his 04 gt and is looking into modding. Sucks cause now I can kick his ass with no problem lol.

  7. #27
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Nice kill!

    Mogs01gt, how much of a pain in the ass is it for you stang guys to do head and/or cam work? I saw them do a cam(s) swap on HPTV once and it just looked complicated with the 2 timing chains hangin all over the place and that HUGE timing cover... A friend of mine just paid off his 04 gt and is looking into modding. Sucks cause now I can kick his ass with no problem lol.
    i dont know why anyone would really bother.

  8. #28
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You have now dogged everyone who, through out history, has modified cheaper cars compared to the more powerful expensive car.

    how so, it's a valid point. put your money into something worth putting it into. you can pick up a good used 4rth gen f-body for what 8-10,000.00 if thats expensive you don't need to be modding anything.

  9. #29
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    i dont know why anyone would really bother.
    So are you saying there are no hp gains from replacing cams in a 4.6 ford motor, or just that the gains are not worth the cost and time? It's a 32valve motor right? Or is that saved just for the Mach/Termi... What would be a better idea then...Blower?

  10. #30
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Nice kill!
    Mogs01gt, how much of a pain in the ass is it for you stang guys to do head and/or cam work? I saw them do a cam(s) swap on HPTV once and it just looked complicated with the 2 timing chains hangin all over the place and that HUGE timing cover... A friend of mine just paid off his 04 gt and is looking into modding. Sucks cause now I can kick his ass with no problem lol.
    It is a fucking PITA but after you done it a few times its pretty easy. Its just a pain because of the stupid ass timing cover. Its really only time consuming.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    how so, it's a valid point. put your money into something worth putting it into. you can pick up a good used 4rth gen f-body for what 8-10,000.00 if thats expensive you don't need to be modding anything.
    Why spent 8k when you can spend a few hundred bucks on an 80s 4 cylinder Fox or F body and then slap in a v8? Your reasoning is idiotic......

  11. #31
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    how so, it's a valid point. put your money into something worth putting it into. you can pick up a good used 4rth gen f-body for what 8-10,000.00 if thats expensive you don't need to be modding anything.
    everyone would be driving pinto's with that logic.

    12.718 @ 117.47

  12. #32
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    So are you saying there are no hp gains from replacing cams in a 4.6 ford motor, or just that the gains are not worth the cost and time? It's a 32valve motor right? Or is that saved just for the Mach/Termi... What would be a better idea then...Blower?
    a blower would make ALMOST all the power you would ever want, or a tt setup pretty much WOULD make all the power you would ever want. i wouldnt waste money on heads/cams/strokers on a 4.6.

    but for some people, NA is the only way they would want to roll. Its just not for me.

  13. #33
    Kenne-Bell Killer Cayenne97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    609

    Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

    Heads, cams, stroker setups on a 4.6...you don't get the results that make what you spent worth while. In otherwords, it's a rip off. If you opt to go that way though, there are a few places like Sean Hyland Motorsports, DSS etc. etc. that offer everything to build a fully-modded all-motor 4-6. But for that money, i'd do like my buddy Kyle did, and buy a DSS low-comp shortblock, and supercharge it. The results are much more rewarding!

  14. #34
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    It is a fucking PITA but after you done it a few times its pretty easy. Its just a pain because of the stupid ass timing cover. Its really only time consuming.


    Why spent 8k when you can spend a few hundred bucks on an 80s 4 cylinder Fox or F body and then slap in a v8? Your reasoning is idiotic......
    my reasoning is that an ls1 is a good if not best platform to start out with when making hp. is that idiotic

  15. #35
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    a blower would make ALMOST all the power you would ever want, or a tt setup pretty much WOULD make all the power you would ever want. i wouldnt waste money on heads/cams/strokers on a 4.6.

    but for some people, NA is the only way they would want to roll. Its just not for me.
    I'll have to pass this info on to my buddy...Or maybe I won't, so that way his car will stay slow...lol. I don't hate on Cobra's like a lot of other guys on here. How could you not LOVE the sound of that roots blower...I wish I had one on my car

    You might like this...Today I was at the laundromat (with my car), and I see this guy in a yellow 03' 04'ish stang (yellow) sitting across the street at the deli. His car's ass end was facing me and had COBRA on the bumper. So I went over and talked to him when he was getting into his car.

    However, I noticed that he had the gt style hood, and gt badging...So I'm like.."nice stang, paint looks good" and he replies with "thanks, but it's a cobra." I was like hmm...."Man I love the sound of the blowers these cars have" and he said, "this car doesn't have a blower, only certain Cobras come with blowers." I just stared at him for a second with a stupid look on my face and then said "dude, I'm pretty damn sure the word Cobra implies a supercharger for this year..." "Nope," he says, "Only ones that you pay more for." I couldn't be a dick about it, so I just said have a good day and walked away smirking...

    Damn, I got all excited at first and thought I'd get to hear the blower lol. What a tool

  16. #36
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I'll have to pass this info on to my buddy...Or maybe I won't, so that way his car will stay slow...lol. I don't hate on Cobra's like a lot of other guys on here. How could you not LOVE the sound of that roots blower...I wish I had one on my car

    You might like this...Today I was at the laundromat (with my car), and I see this guy in a yellow 03' 04'ish stang (yellow) sitting across the street at the deli. His car's ass end was facing me and had COBRA on the bumper. So I went over and talked to him when he was getting into his car.

    However, I noticed that he had the gt style hood, and gt badging...So I'm like.."nice stang, paint looks good" and he replies with "thanks, but it's a cobra." I was like hmm...."Man I love the sound of the blowers these cars have" and he said, "this car doesn't have a blower, only certain Cobras come with blowers." I just stared at him for a second with a stupid look on my face and then said "dude, I'm pretty damn sure the word Cobra implies a supercharger for this year..." "Nope," he says, "Only ones that you pay more for." I couldn't be a dick about it, so I just said have a good day and walked away smirking...

    Damn, I got all excited at first and thought I'd get to hear the blower lol. What a tool
    ya, i saw what i thought was an 03 Cobra when i was picking up some books at the school i go to and parked next to it. I thought it was a color i've never seen before or maybe custom (color of the Bullitts) when i looked closer and saw that it didnt have a heat exchanger for the intercooler, it was just some fabbed up wire mesh type stuff propped up to make it seem as if it were one

    looking closer, he didnt have the cobra bottom door moldings either. i mean, its ok if someone wants to run the hood or front fascia, but to throw the emblems and rear bumper on is takin it a bit far, and running a fake heat exchanger just goes straight to ricer mode.

  17. #37
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    my reasoning is that an ls1 is a good if not best platform to start out with when making hp. is that idiotic
    but how when there are other cars that can start you off much cheaper? i mean, the LS1 fbody is a great car to start off with, but it's not THE best, so to use it as an arguement as if it were is being foolish.

  18. #38
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    so trickstang, what are you saying is a good starting platform that is cheaper?

  19. #39
    Internet Police
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    350

    Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    so trickstang, what are you saying is a good starting platform that is cheaper?
    a $500 4cyl fox body would be better. or an older z car. there are plenty of cars that can be picked up for under $1000 if all you care about is going fast, which would have to be completely built up anyways if your planning on going fast (550+rwhp).

  20. #40
    Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,677
    2000 C5 Torch Red

    I kind of agree with that. I would much rather buy an oldie and fix her up. Every time you see a classic rumbling down the road you definitely stop and look. That said, I will probably continue buying upgrades for my car until I die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 03 supercharged f-150
    By brendan.9 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 07:21 PM
  2. 1 sad supercharged gt!
    By Sleeper101 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM
  3. For Sale: 04 SuperCharged GTO in Fla.
    By AUSI GTO in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:27 AM
  4. Supercharged Z
    By EviLt4 in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2006, 02:25 PM
  5. supercharged v6?
    By Thegr8schlotzky in forum Forced Induction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 10:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •