Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SS vs. Supercharged GT

This is a discussion on SS vs. Supercharged GT within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by nevrlift i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY.... +2 ... if i was leaving it ...

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY....
    +2
    ... if i was leaving it stock.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by nevrlift View Post
    i'll take 300+ rwhp STOCK over a 8.8 ANYDAY....
    preach the truth brotha. haha lol

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    +2
    ... if i was leaving it stock.
    +2... if i was not leaving it stock. the money you would waste on getting 300+rwhp out of a mustang would more than pay for a new rear end. so then you would have a new rear and 300 rwhp, half the money spent.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    +2... if i was not leaving it stock. the money you would waste on getting 300+rwhp out of a mustang would more than pay for a new rear end. so then you would have a new rear and 300 rwhp, half the money spent.
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You have now dogged everyone who, through out history, has modified cheaper cars compared to the more powerful expensive car.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. You have now dogged everyone who, through out history, has modified cheaper cars compared to the more powerful expensive car.

Nice kill!

Mogs01gt, how much of a pain in the ass is it for you stang guys to do head and/or cam work? I saw them do a cam(s) swap on HPTV once and it just looked complicated with the 2 timing chains hangin all over the place and that HUGE timing cover... A friend of mine just paid off his 04 gt and is looking into modding. Sucks cause now I can kick his ass with no problem lol.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Nice kill!

Mogs01gt, how much of a pain in the ass is it for you stang guys to do head and/or cam work? I saw them do a cam(s) swap on HPTV once and it just looked complicated with the 2 timing chains hangin all over the place and that HUGE timing cover... A friend of mine just paid off his 04 gt and is looking into modding. Sucks cause now I can kick his ass with no problem lol.
    i dont know why anyone would really bother.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

how so, it's a valid point. put your money into something worth putting it into. you can pick up a good used 4rth gen f-body for what 8-10,000.00 if thats expensive you don't need to be modding anything.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

i dont know why anyone would really bother.
    So are you saying there are no hp gains from replacing cams in a 4.6 ford motor, or just that the gains are not worth the cost and time? It's a 32valve motor right? Or is that saved just for the Mach/Termi... What would be a better idea then...Blower?

Nice kill!
    It is a fucking PITA but after you done it a few times its pretty easy. Its just a pain because of the stupid ass timing cover. Its really only time consuming.

how so, it's a valid point. put your money into something worth putting it into. you can pick up a good used 4rth gen f-body for what 8-10,000.00 if thats expensive you don't need to be modding anything.
    Why spent 8k when you can spend a few hundred bucks on an 80s 4 cylinder Fox or F body and then slap in a v8? Your reasoning is idiotic......

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

everyone would be driving pinto's with that logic.

12.718 @ 117.47

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

So are you saying there are no hp gains from replacing cams in a 4.6 ford motor, or just that the gains are not worth the cost and time? It's a 32valve motor right? Or is that saved just for the Mach/Termi... What would be a better idea then...Blower?
    a blower would make ALMOST all the power you would ever want, or a tt setup pretty much WOULD make all the power you would ever want. i wouldnt waste money on heads/cams/strokers on a 4.6.

but for some people, NA is the only way they would want to roll. Its just not for me.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Heads, cams, stroker setups on a 4.6...you don't get the results that make what you spent worth while. In otherwords, it's a rip off. If you opt to go that way though, there are a few places like Sean Hyland Motorsports, DSS etc. etc. that offer everything to build a fully-modded all-motor 4-6. But for that money, i'd do like my buddy Kyle did, and buy a DSS low-comp shortblock, and supercharge it. The results are much more rewarding!

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

It is a fucking PITA but after you done it a few times its pretty easy. Its just a pain because of the stupid ass timing cover. Its really only time consuming.

Why spent 8k when you can spend a few hundred bucks on an 80s 4 cylinder Fox or F body and then slap in a v8? Your reasoning is idiotic......
    my reasoning is that an ls1 is a good if not best platform to start out with when making hp. is that idiotic

Red
    2001 Trash Can

a blower would make ALMOST all the power you would ever want, or a tt setup pretty much WOULD make all the power you would ever want. i wouldnt waste money on heads/cams/strokers on a 4.6.

but for some people, NA is the only way they would want to roll. Its just not for me.
    I'll have to pass this info on to my buddy...Or maybe I won't, so that way his car will stay slow...lol. I don't hate on Cobra's like a lot of other guys on here. How could you not LOVE the sound of that roots blower...I wish I had one on my car

You might like this...Today I was at the laundromat (with my car), and I see this guy in a yellow 03' 04'ish stang (yellow) sitting across the street at the deli. His car's ass end was facing me and had COBRA on the bumper. So I went over and talked to him when he was getting into his car.

However, I noticed that he had the gt style hood, and gt badging...So I'm like.."nice stang, paint looks good" and he replies with "thanks, but it's a cobra." I was like hmm...."Man I love the sound of the blowers these cars have" and he said, "this car doesn't have a blower, only certain Cobras come with blowers." I just stared at him for a second with a stupid look on my face and then said "dude, I'm pretty damn sure the word Cobra implies a supercharger for this year..." "Nope," he says, "Only ones that you pay more for." I couldn't be a dick about it, so I just said have a good day and walked away smirking...

Damn, I got all excited at first and thought I'd get to hear the blower lol. What a tool

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I'll have to pass this info on to my buddy...Or maybe I won't, so that way his car will stay slow...lol. I don't hate on Cobra's like a lot of other guys on here. How could you not LOVE the sound of that roots blower...I wish I had one on my car

You might like this...Today I was at the laundromat (with my car), and I see this guy in a yellow 03' 04'ish stang (yellow) sitting across the street at the deli. His car's ass end was facing me and had COBRA on the bumper. So I went over and talked to him when he was getting into his car.

However, I noticed that he had the gt style hood, and gt badging...So I'm like.."nice stang, paint looks good" and he replies with "thanks, but it's a cobra." I was like hmm...."Man I love the sound of the blowers these cars have" and he said, "this car doesn't have a blower, only certain Cobras come with blowers." I just stared at him for a second with a stupid look on my face and then said "dude, I'm pretty damn sure the word Cobra implies a supercharger for this year..." "Nope," he says, "Only ones that you pay more for." I couldn't be a dick about it, so I just said have a good day and walked away smirking...

Damn, I got all excited at first and thought I'd get to hear the blower lol. What a tool
    ya, i saw what i thought was an 03 Cobra when i was picking up some books at the school i go to and parked next to it. I thought it was a color i've never seen before or maybe custom (color of the Bullitts) when i looked closer and saw that it didnt have a heat exchanger for the intercooler, it was just some fabbed up wire mesh type stuff propped up to make it seem as if it were one

looking closer, he didnt have the cobra bottom door moldings either. i mean, its ok if someone wants to run the hood or front fascia, but to throw the emblems and rear bumper on is takin it a bit far, and running a fake heat exchanger just goes straight to ricer mode.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

my reasoning is that an ls1 is a good if not best platform to start out with when making hp. is that idiotic
    but how when there are other cars that can start you off much cheaper? i mean, the LS1 fbody is a great car to start off with, but it's not THE best, so to use it as an arguement as if it were is being foolish.

cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

so trickstang, what are you saying is a good starting platform that is cheaper?

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

so trickstang, what are you saying is a good starting platform that is cheaper?
    a $500 4cyl fox body would be better. or an older z car. there are plenty of cars that can be picked up for under $1000 if all you care about is going fast, which would have to be completely built up anyways if your planning on going fast (550+rwhp).

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

I kind of agree with that. I would much rather buy an oldie and fix her up. Every time you see a classic rumbling down the road you definitely stop and look. That said, I will probably continue buying upgrades for my car until I die.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information