Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ss vs 6.3 amg

Black
    2002 camaro SS slp #4199

ss vs 6.3 amg

So i was driving home from work crusing in my ss when my boss pulled up beside me. He has a 2009 6.3 amg!!! ""tuned and exhaust"" so we waited for the green light and launched. In the 1/4 i took him by at least a car and a half!!! Best day of my life. he wanted to go from a roll cause he said he spent out to much, we did. this time i got him by about 2 and a half! i guess this is what he felt like knowing i got my ride for about $6 grand and he paid over $80. !!!!!!!SS always comes out ahead!!!! ls1 for life.

Black

way to go!!!!! what kind of mods do you have?

Black
    2002 camaro SS slp #4199

lt headers/ bmr drop,controlarms,tranny support, and sub frame connectors,and the stock slp intake and exhaust. took the tranny to a shop today to put new parts and a stage 3 spec clutch in. looking to put a cam and tune it in the next month or so11

Black
    2002 camaro SS slp #4199

sweet pick by the way
    Bad A** LS1!!!

Black

thanks but man i just got started with the 02 Z n im gettin an ory on thurs day hopefully that would free up some power, can u help me figure out whats a good supporting mod for the ory, sorry of topic

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrider02 View Post
    thanks but man i just got started with the 02 Z n im gettin an ory on thurs day hopefully that would free up some power, can u help me figure out whats a good supporting mod for the ory, sorry of topic
    You shouldn't thread jack, and I'm adding fuel to the fire by responding , but an exhaust, lid, and LTs compliment an ORY as first mods. You should plan accordingly based on what LTs (if you plan on getting them) and exhaust before you go out and buy an ORY. Otherwise, if you get a y-pipe to fit your stock manifolds and then later decide you want LTs, guess what? it won't fit!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Very nice kill!

Black

thanks for da heads up

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That's flat out awesome. Hope you get a lot of respect now.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Pimplaps View Post
    So i was driving home from work crusing in my ss when my boss pulled up beside me. He has a 2009 6.3 amg!!! ""tuned and exhaust"" so we waited for the green light and launched. In the 1/4 i took him by at least a car and a half!!! Best day of my life. he wanted to go from a roll cause he said he spent out to much, we did. this time i got him by about 2 and a half! i guess this is what he felt like knowing i got my ride for about $6 grand and he paid over $80. !!!!!!!SS always comes out ahead!!!! ls1 for life.

Somehow, I just kind of have a feeling that he isn't worried about a car that costs less than his out running him. There is a lot more to a car than just going fast in a straight line. He didn't pay 80k for a car to JUST go fast.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Somehow, I just kind of have a feeling that he isn't worried about a car that costs less than his out running him. There is a lot more to a car than just going fast in a straight line. He didn't pay 80k for a car to JUST go fast.
    Yeah but in my experience most guys that buy a car like that for 80k do expect it to just be faster than everything else as part of the overall 'it's expensive, therefore it's better' mentality...

I'm glad he took him!

That's interesting considering a C63 AMG has the M156 V8 engine rated at 525hp/465tq stock and does 0-60 in 3.8s and the 1/4 in 12.0@120mph stock. It is claimed by Mercedes as the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 offered in a mainstream production car.

Somethings not right here. If your car is truly bolt-ons, he should have raped you bad. You sure he doesn't have a W204 chassis with one of the 5 other engine layouts they offer?
    Last edited by Superluminal; 06-01-2010 at 07:27 PM.

black
    2002 firebird trans am

^ what he said. That doesnt seem right, but anything can happen on a street race

Quote Originally Posted by 4thGenTA View Post
    ^ what he said. That doesnt seem right, but anything can happen on a street race
    Maybe he was toying around with him, or he's lying. This story just doesn't make sense.

I know for a fact you can't trap 120mph in a bolt-ons Camaro in street trim. I couldn't even trap that in my LS1 240SX with bolt ons, and that has a weight difference of almost 1000lbs.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Yeah but in my experience most guys that buy a car like that for 80k do expect it to just be faster than everything else as part of the overall 'it's expensive, therefore it's better' mentality...

I'm glad he took him!

Not everyone buys a car based on how fast it is or what they can beat on the streets with it.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Not everyone buys a car based on how fast it is or what they can beat on the streets with it.
    Yes, I know, you basically said that already, and I responded to it. Now I must respond to your response. The cycle continues!

My point was my opinion that most folks that buy fancy expensive cars expect them to be faster, and not that they buy them solely to be faster...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Yes, I know, you basically said that already, and I responded to it. Now I must respond to your response. The cycle continues!

My point was my opinion that most folks that buy fancy expensive cars expect them to be faster, and not that they buy them solely to be faster...
    I bet your opinion changes one of these days.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

You're killing me.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

You're killing me.
    Likewise

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I've already died.....

But maybe the Mercedes lost because on some of those cars, you have to disable all kinds of shit to get the full power of the engine. Electronic nanny no-nos.

Thread Information