Thread: Srt8 300c

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Srt8 300c

So Im on my way back from the dyno tuners in medina yesterday to get my ride fine tuned after the H/C swap and an SRT8 300C comes Flying up right on my ass in the left lane on 76. I was doing about 80 already and he kept getting on my ass and backing off. It looked like some younger kid like 17-18 years old was driving it.

So this kid blasts into the right lane as soon as it opens up and pulls right next to my door. He signals that he wants to run so we do the 3 honks I dump it to 3rd and total rape him by 5 or 6 car lengths. I let off at about 135 after hes a good 50 yards back. Well he comes blowing by me wide open and cuts me off getting back into the left lane, I almost went road rage on his ass but my buddy convinced me to do otherwise. Bottom line this new Head and cam swap was the best thing I could have ever done. 430RWHP is alot different than the 360 I was putting out with bolt on's lol!

Red
    1999 Trans Am

haha. Nice kill man. A buddy of mine's GMC Regency truck pretty much kept up with one. His truck is pretty much all stock, just has a cold air intake..

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Yea it was pretty ironic that I had litterally just gotten the car off the dyno 10 min earlier and already my newfound power was being tested lol and let me tell you, it worked!!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

what kind of heads and cam?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Damn lucky you, that stuff never happens to me, everytime i mod the car nobody wants to race.

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Damn lucky you, that stuff never happens to me, everytime i mod the car nobody wants to race.
    This seems to be my problem, and my toys are imports. I never had a problem in my old F-body.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I think i would like the srt8 300s and chargers better if they offered a six speed manual. I cant believe it took them this long to put one in the challenger.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

He didn't represent the owners well. Still, H/C means a slaughter any way.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    So Im on my way back from the dyno tuners in medina yesterday to get my ride fine tuned after the H/C swap and an SRT8 300C comes Flying up right on my ass in the left lane on 76. I was doing about 80 already and he kept getting on my ass and backing off. It looked like some younger kid like 17-18 years old was driving it.

So this kid blasts into the right lane as soon as it opens up and pulls right next to my door. He signals that he wants to run so we do the 3 honks I dump it to 3rd and total rape him by 5 or 6 car lengths. I let off at about 135 after hes a good 50 yards back. Well he comes blowing by me wide open and cuts me off getting back into the left lane, I almost went road rage on his ass but my buddy convinced me to do otherwise. Bottom line this new Head and cam swap was the best thing I could have ever done. 430RWHP is alot different than the 360 I was putting out with bolt on's lol!
    holy shit, i know that area you were in-and it's not very condusive to that kinda speed....be safe man!!!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    He didn't represent the owners well. Still, H/C means a slaughter any way.
    I killed quite a few challengers/300 it the rt and srt form when she was stock back in july. Of course it was in no way a slaughter like it was the other day. The most I had ever pulled a hemi by was a length and a half to two lengths. My best friends dad owns a local dodge dealer so every time we go out we'd always play whether he was driving his srt8 charger or his 300c. I do like the new challengers very sharp looking!

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    holy shit, i know that area you were in-and it's not very condusive to that kinda speed....be safe man!!!
    we were actually closer to youngstown where they recently opened 76 up to 5 lanes now. There was zero danger, hell I passed all other traffic a mile back before we tango'd

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

I killed quite a few challengers/300 it the rt and srt form when she was stock back in july. Of course it was in no way a slaughter like it was the other day. The most I had ever pulled a hemi by was a length and a half to two lengths. My best friends dad owns a local dodge dealer so every time we go out we'd always play whether he was driving his srt8 charger or his 300c. I do like the new challengers very sharp looking!
    I've got a few driving tips (gearing/ESP/autostick) for him to even it up next time he runs a stock LS1 6m....

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

I've got a few driving tips (gearing/ESP/autostick) for him to even it up next time he runs a stock LS1 6m....
    Before I bought the camaro I was considering waiting for the Challenger Rt 6speeds to come out, however there is just no after market yet for the hemi's. Im not a fan of the auto stick unless its been reprogrammed, it seems a bit sluggish to down shift or upshift. Just my .02 cents, to each is there own though. You still drive a V8 muscle machine and I respect that, way better than some weed whacker with a hair drier lol.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Before I bought the camaro I was considering waiting for the Challenger Rt 6speeds to come out, however there is just no after market yet for the hemi's. Im not a fan of the auto stick unless its been reprogrammed, it seems a bit sluggish to down shift or upshift. Just my .02 cents, to each is there own though. You still drive a V8 muscle machine and I respect that, way better than some weed whacker with a hair drier lol.
    Agreed. The big 4door was a nice compromise. Other than gears and a roots-type, the aftermarket is in full force.

The tuner is great with the autostick (Diablosport) and dyno tuning with CMR software really helps.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Agreed. The big 4door was a nice compromise. Other than gears and a roots-type, the aftermarket is in full force.

The tuner is great with the autostick (Diablosport) and dyno tuning with CMR software really helps.
    Yea we tweaked one of the Daytona's on my buddys lot that was a demo and I could not believe how much more responsive it was, however those mercedes transmissions can only take so much for so long as we found out.......

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Yea we tweaked one of the Daytona's on my buddys lot that was a demo and I could not believe how much more responsive it was, however those mercedes transmissions can only take so much for so long as we found out.......
    Very odd considering it's one of the strongest parts of the car. Known already for big hp applications in MBs from the E55 on up, it's not a problem at all for FI and nitrous LXs.

An R/T with just a tune wouldn't stress it at all - either there was a flaw or manipulating the line pressure, etc.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Very odd considering it's one of the strongest parts of the car. Known already for big hp applications in MBs from the E55 on up, it's not a problem at all for FI and nitrous LXs.

An R/T with just a tune wouldn't stress it at all - either there was a flaw or manipulating the line pressure, etc.
    Mine seemed to have issues from the day I bought the car...(06 R/T Charger) Found out it was leaking at 5K miles and I bought the car brand new. By no means was I hard on it either. Even after the dealer fixed it and I had the car tuned the transmission still seemed to be sluggish from 2nd to third. Maybe it was just mine, but we have three of them at the sheriff's office and one has started to have the same problems. It is an R/T as well with 30K on it. It has probably had a lot more WOT runs than my car but still seems like it shouldn't be having problems that early. We have crown vics that have been beaten on for years and years with 120K plus miles that still accelerate just as hard with as positive a shift as the brand new crown vics.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

The leak was a plug gasket replacement TSB. Very simple.

The sluggish shift is a matter of programmed torque management and/or the diagnostic shift start-up shift. It kills SRT-8 trap speeds at the dragstrip when the staging lanes are short.

Otherwise they are known to be bullet-proof.

Thread Information