Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

SRT-8 Charger and SRT-4

Today i was crusing around with my buddy, running some errands.
    Well i was on the freeway and this charger flys by, i thought i saw a neat little badge on the back so i follow. He gets off the freeway to where there is a bunch of dealerships, it's called the mile of cars. So i pull up right behind the guy at a red light and i notice the srt-8 badge. This guy dogs it and is gone till the next red light he stops behind a truck and i get the open lane. So i just go ahead of the truck after the light is green. He pulls up right next to me, open road as far as the eye can see, i'm revving high 40 somethin in second and he gets a a hood in front of me and i slowly start opening up the throttle when he punches it and so do i. To my amazement by the end of second i had him in my hindsight, boom third and i had him right behind my bumper. We stop because the light coming up is red. He stops and asks me "dude nice car man i really like those, what do you have done to it." I could not believe it an srt-8 425hp right? I told him what i had...which is basani mid lentgh ceramic coated headers/3 inch high flow stainless steel y pipe with a borla adjustable catback + mti lid + asp underdrive pully.......and then we just drove off.... i still don't believe but hey it was obvious........does this sound right that i beat this car or is it just driver mod??????? Maybe his was an auto......
    As for the SRT-4 not as exciting cruising down the freeway at 6:30 in the morning after dropping my girlfriend off at work when this all black srt-4 zooms around in my rear view and then slows down next to me.........3rd 65ish and he just romps it and jumps ahead then i romp it by 90somethin i was ahead and 4th i had a couple cars on him. That srt-4 was pretty quick. It was nice black rims the little carbon fiber fins on the roof. After that he kept bugging me and doing fly-bys, but i was done, i just wanted to go home and sleep.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

nice kills, as far as the charger is concerned it is a 425 hp 6.1 liter beast of a car. real nice, but heavy as shit. and they're all 5 speed autos. but your race sounds right with your mods and especially from roll. watch out, some of those srt-4s can be nasty

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yea the srt-8s are pretty quick....mu buddy has one and he sent it to some place in orlando and had a completely built short-block with heads and cam and puts down 500+ at teh wheels...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dam he must have some money to be modding a new car like that

White
    '02 Formula A4

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Yea the srt-8s are pretty quick....mu buddy has one and he sent it to some place in orlando and had a completely built short-block with heads and cam and puts down 500+ at teh wheels...
    Are you on NOSR.org by any chance? I know they have a bunch of SRT-4s on there.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1 View Post
    Are you on NOSR.org by any chance? I know they have a bunch of SRT-4s on there.
    Nah...i might register though

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

wouldn't happen to be macedo motorsports would it? it's a mopar specific place about one mile from my shop. it's where i did my nozzle testing on their dyno.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    wouldn't happen to be macedo motorsports would it? it's a mopar specific place about one mile from my shop. it's where i did my nozzle testing on their dyno.
    I dont remeber excactly....he said they are affiliated with Hennesy

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

All Chargers are automatic trans. Too bad, they would pick up some speed with a 6 SPD. Rumor has it that the Challenger will have a 6-SPD option, look out for those with the 6.1 package!

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    All Chargers are automatic trans. Too bad, they would pick up some speed with a 6 SPD. Rumor has it that the Challenger will have a 6-SPD option, look out for those with the 6.1 package!
    no doubt, i had expected more out of that car, maybe on the go like around 60ish he would take me.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

I dont remeber excactly....he said they are affiliated with Hennesy
    larry macedo used to work for henessey years ago. he isn't affiliated with them at all.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23 View Post
    larry macedo used to work for henessey years ago. he isn't affiliated with them at all.
    Thats prolly it.........lemme guess thats teh guy that took all of someones ideas/plans and opened up his own shop?

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

isn't that what everyone that was an employee at one time does? once you learn a trade, you either remain an employee, or take that trade and go at it on your own. i know, from what larry told me, and what i know, he left henessey and came to florida and worked with norris motorsports, then left there to start his own.

if it didn't happen, we would never have cadillac, which used to work for ford, we wouldn't have wal-mart, which sam used to be a partner with his brother that owns k-mart, and the list goes on and on.

so, i wouldn't say took all of someone's ideas and started his own business. i'm sure he has some of his own.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Thats kewl....i was just asking...Cause we have a Thunder/Futral thing some people are saying....just wandering if that was teh same kinda thing

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

doubt it.

Thread Information