Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Srt-10 vs. Ws6

This is a discussion on Srt-10 vs. Ws6 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; My friend just bought an 04' dodge ram srt-10(stock), he wants to race me but i know jack squat about ...

  1. #1
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the janitors closet
    Posts
    5,451
    One more and I'm gone....

    Srt-10 vs. Ws6

    My friend just bought an 04' dodge ram srt-10(stock), he wants to race me but i know jack squat about the car.I know hes pulling high ponies...but I also know he ways more than me. Help!
    1999 T/A ram air, headers,exhaust

    P.S. Im new here so can someone tell me if Im posting this in the right spot? Gracias

  2. #2
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LS1 land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,667
    those run mid 13s. They have 500hp, but like you said they are heavy. Are you M6 or A4? I think you will have a good chance of winning either way. I think it will be a drivers race. What kind of race?>> From a dig / from a roll? Trucks are aerodynamic bricks at high speeds.

  3. #3
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the janitors closet
    Posts
    5,451
    One more and I'm gone....

    from a dig

  4. #4
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    those run mid 13s. They have 500hp, but like you said they are heavy. Are you M6 or A4? I think you will have a good chance of winning either way. I think it will be a drivers race. What kind of race?>> From a dig / from a roll? Trucks are aerodynamic bricks at high speeds.
    viper srt10 and TA weight 3450lbs. stock vs stock engine, tires etc
    the viper will eat you no problem.
    Also the viper srt10 does 12.5 @ 1/4mi stock, while ws6 13.2-13.3 stock

    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...iper&trimid=-1

  5. #5
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the janitors closet
    Posts
    5,451
    One more and I'm gone....

    yeah im running 12.2...so im not gonna risk it...he wants money involved...like i need that with gas at 2.53 a gallon...especially with my new 30lb fuel injectors

  6. #6
    Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,470

    Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    yeah im running 12.2...so im not gonna risk it...he wants money involved...like i need that with gas at 2.53 a gallon...especially with my new 30lb fuel injectors
    haha..if your are running 12.2s you will waste him

  7. #7
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    haha..if your are running 12.2s you will waste him
    you better hope the viper is stock... if he got a few bolts on it is a drivers race.

  8. #8
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LS1 land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    viper srt10 and TA weight 3450lbs. stock vs stock engine, tires etc
    the viper will eat you no problem.
    Also the viper srt10 does 12.5 @ 1/4mi stock, while ws6 13.2-13.3 stock

    http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...iper&trimid=-1
    didn't you read the 1st post?? Its the srt-10 RAM. NOT A VIPER!!!! The truck is like 5000lbs.

    and burnws6 you must have more mods than headers and exhaust to be runnin 12.2 But if you truly are running 12.2 race him for as money as you can. Cause like ZAPFOOL said you will waste him.

  9. #9
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    didn't you read the 1st post?? Its the srt-10 RAM. NOT A VIPER!!!! The truck is like 5000lbs.

    and burnws6 you must have more mods than headers and exhaust to be runnin 12.2 But if you truly are running 12.2 race him for as money as you can. Cause like ZAPFOOL said you will waste him.
    ohhh Doge RAM not ram... I thought the ram srt-10 is like the viper with some ram package on it... ok now it make sence.. yeah. 5000lbs animal need 600hp to get into high 12s.

  10. #10
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    lol @ viper w/ ram package...

  11. #11
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863
    heheheh.

  12. #12
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    when they first came out, i saw one here at the local track pull a 14.2

  13. #13
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    if its a single cab, which if its an '04 it should be cuz the quad cab was not offered, it will be a M6. you will definately beat him unless you just really screw up somehow. good luck and post results

  14. #14
    Junior Member stickinpcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    panama city fl
    Posts
    10

    yellow
    05 ram srt 10

    I own a 05 ram srt 10,,,,The truck is very hard to launch ,,,,,if he just got it you will hand him his ass, If he knows how to launch it and hit third it will be the drivers race.. if he has any bolt ons ,he can take you,,,,, I have the traction package,computer upgrade and a few other things and i believe if you are running in the 12 that i would be a good race for you . were do you live

  15. #15
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the janitors closet
    Posts
    5,451
    One more and I'm gone....

    in ft.myers and yes I forgot to mention camshaft,rods,forged heads,......i put the headers and exhaust recently so that's what comes to mind

  16. #16
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the janitors closet
    Posts
    5,451
    One more and I'm gone....

    i will keep u updated

  17. #17
    car enthusiast djvaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Philly area
    Posts
    9,863

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    in ft.myers and yes I forgot to mention camshaft,rods,forged heads,......i put the headers and exhaust recently so that's what comes to mind
    yeah u should smoke even a light modddd Ram srt-10.

  18. #18
    Junior Member stickinpcb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    panama city fl
    Posts
    10

    yellow
    05 ram srt 10

    you should have no problem,,,,,,,,,,smoke his butt

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by stickinpcb View Post
    you should have no problem,,,,,,,,,,smoke his butt
    Nice SRT bud. Like the black on yellow.


    You should have no problem beating him if you run a 12.2 They are heavy as said and yes trucks are hard to launch considering there is no weight in the rear.

    My father used to have a highly modified 78 Ltl' Red Express and that thing got crazy on the launches.

  20. #20
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LS1 land
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Performance View Post
    My father used to have a highly modified 78 Ltl' Red Express and that thing got crazy on the launches.
    those are some crazy ass trucks - i love 'em!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •