Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

The "Srt-10 Viper vs. Stone" that i finally posted

I finally found my USB cable for my phone.....my buddy sent me the vid via Bluetooth....you gotta look close to tell who won....and you can tell we were racing....look how quick we were leaving my buddies truck. Sorry but the clarity isnt the greatest

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Good stuff, looked like you had a length or two on him.

SILVER
    1998 Z28

My eyes must be playing tricks, I would swore the center lines began slowing down (as if the car filming is slowing down), there is traffic ahead of the viper(if that is what the black one is) and it looks more like a staged interstate pass to look like a race, but then again it is a poor vid. Then again my eyes could be wrong. Maybe if the jabber box was turned off where you could hear the engines revving would help??? What really amazes me is how a buddy filming you strip a viper can be so damn quite. Good kill or is it???

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

u have the best races.....no action where i live

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Sweet kill... I'd give anything for my 'Maro to be fast enought to even keep up with a Viper...

next time... make sure your bud has a REAL CAMERA!!!!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_m70 View Post
    My eyes must be playing tricks, I would swore the center lines began slowing down (as if the car filming is slowing down), there is traffic ahead of the viper(if that is what the black one is) and it looks more like a staged interstate pass to look like a race, but then again it is a poor vid. Then again my eyes could be wrong. Maybe if the jabber box was turned off where you could hear the engines revving would help??? What really amazes me is how a buddy filming you strip a viper can be so damn quite. Good kill or is it???
    Dude.....im VERY well known and respected on this site as on many others....no it was not staged and the reason they didnt say anything is b/c me beating a Viper is NO BIG DEAL to the people who know my car....my car is not lightly modded by any means.....so yea....your eyes ARE playing tricks....and im not seeing how you think the lines are slowing down??

NBM
    99 TA

good kill but that vid was piss-poor quality!
    Kills like that deserve quality recordings

Red?
    2001 Z28

The shock value of smacking down a Viper with a Skittle is priceless. I mean no disrespect to the fellow you raced if you know him, but I've known several Viper owners who were so full of themselves, they thought the only thing that could bring them down was Kryptonite. Said guys felt they were invulnerable to V8s, regardless of how modded. I've got to wonder if that fellow took the car back to the Dodge dealership to find "what's wrong with it?"

inconclusive

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_m70 View Post
    I dont's think the chase car slowed down but you would think a Viper would have been nothing more than a spec after 10 seconds.
    Nonetheless, good kill 05 Stone, you must have some serious mods to be able to beat a car of that caliber. I wouldn't want to run into you on the street.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Your Regal runs the same MPH than me at the track....but my FWDs MPH is off to what im doing on the street....sweet regal!!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Thanks. I hoping to break into the 11's the next time out to the track. I'm running a more aggresive chip and did some suspension upgrades since my 12.0 run.

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Good kill! Driver skill must have played heavily into it.. 'cause you must have some serious mods in order to take him on head to head, assuming hes even fully stock himself.. I've heard that the main disadvantage to a Viper is 95% of the time the man behind the wheel.

So what do you have done anyways, Stone?

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

50 Trim w/ toys? Alot of people are suprised the SRT won. Its not hard to make SRT4s walk a stock or mildy modded viper

Blue/Yellow/White
    95 T/A 383

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    50 Trim w/ toys? Alot of people are suprised the SRT won. Its not hard to make SRT4s walk a stock or mildy modded viper
    Really?

From the limited knowledge I have of them it seems to be a battle for them to get into the 11's w/o a fully built motor? Which in my book would probably qualify as a lot of work in order to match a stock/mildly modded Viper.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

No i have a fully bolted skittle with a stock turbo and a trick tune....before the tune it pulled 291whp and 311trq(dyno weight correction was 323 and 355.....now it should be around 350 and 380ish. And yea im sure driver had alot to do with it....i did run a 00 Viper with full exhaust and this guy could drive.....he got me by over 2 cars from a 40(my sweet spot)

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniacal View Post
    Really?

From the limited knowledge I have of them it seems to be a battle for them to get into the 11's w/o a fully built motor? Which in my book would probably qualify as a lot of work in order to match a stock/mildly modded Viper.
    Yea but on the street its a totally different ball game......my car has MPH thats showing low low 12s......but its 13.0s....FWD FTL!! And hardly anybody builds the motor....it comes with Forged internals and rollerized tranny from teh factory....most people that have my mods with a bigger turbo(GT-3076r 50-trim) are trapping 122-126 depending on the tune...but can barely break mid 11s

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Dude.....im VERY well known and respected on this site as on many others....no it was not staged and the reason they didnt say anything is b/c me beating a Viper is NO BIG DEAL to the people who know my car....my car is not lightly modded by any means.....so yea....your eyes ARE playing tricks....and im not seeing how you think the lines are slowing down??

+1.....my car only beat a stock srt-4 by 2 cars......those things are fast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    +1.....my car only beat a stock srt-4 by 2 cars......those things are fast
    descently fast stock... but damn there's some real Killers out there... I've heard of a Crew around here, that ranges from 400 to 800hp (as word that spreads says)... they have been beating everything on the street

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    descently fast stock... but damn there's some real Killers out there... I've heard of a Crew around here, that ranges from 400 to 800hp (as word that spreads says)... they have been beating everything on the street
    The highest HP Srt-4 is 726 in Chicago i think

Thread Information