Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The "Srt-10 Viper vs. Stone" that i finally posted

This is a discussion on The "Srt-10 Viper vs. Stone" that i finally posted within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; First off, good kill, not taking anything away from you. There was a show a few months back on SpeedTV ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6 T-Top

First off, good kill, not taking anything away from you.

There was a show a few months back on SpeedTV where two enthusiasts - one with an SRT10 Viper and the other Ford GT, raced best of 3 at a track. They were older guys, probably in their 50's. What I learned watching them race in the 1/4 mile is this - they had no freakin clue what they were doing. The first run, the Viper ran a 14.2. Second run, 13.7, best run was a 13.1. The Ford GT owner was a little better, I think his best with a 12.7.

My point being, just because someone can afford these cars doesn't mean they know how to drive them. Chances are, 95% of them don't have a clue how to truly make the cars perform as they were designed. Instead, they bought it for status.

500 hp is 500 hp, but as that TV show proved, in the wrong hands it can mean a low 14 second 1/4 mile pass - when in the right hands it would be substantially faster.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea that is true

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    The highest HP Srt-4 is 726 in Chicago i think
    then the 800hp must be just hype...but I don't doubt that they'd be killin Evos on the highway anyways... with some good power

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    First off, good kill, not taking anything away from you.

There was a show a few months back on SpeedTV where two enthusiasts - one with an SRT10 Viper and the other Ford GT, raced best of 3 at a track. They were older guys, probably in their 50's. What I learned watching them race in the 1/4 mile is this - they had no freakin clue what they were doing. The first run, the Viper ran a 14.2. Second run, 13.7, best run was a 13.1. The Ford GT owner was a little better, I think his best with a 12.7.

My point being, just because someone can afford these cars doesn't mean they know how to drive them. Chances are, 95% of them don't have a clue how to truly make the cars perform as they were designed. Instead, they bought it for status.

500 hp is 500 hp, but as that TV show proved, in the wrong hands it can mean a low 14 second 1/4 mile pass - when in the right hands it would be substantially faster.
    very true... I saw a new Viper and a Z06 both stock run down the track a few months back... and the Viper only managed a 12.2... ONLY after the owner gave the car to a real driver!... hehe... he was still runnin 12.7's... but didn't know when to hit the brakes (he kept braking before crosing the finish line) and the Z06 got progresively faster, as the dude got used to it...eventually hitting a 12.0...

Just goes to show you...some guys can't even handle them so they let GOOD drivers give it a shot...and others can just adjust and actually learn their cars... it's a real toss-up... to really know how the guy,( that Stone raced,) adapt to his fast car...

still... I say...NICE KILL...

white
    98' Gsx

Ok, first things first.

1) a 112 mph car will not pull a srt-10 on the highway, even with my grandma driving it.

2) the highest whp srt-4 is in chitown, it belongs to my buddys at Ams.

3) 380whp on a stock turbo....sell me whatever your smoking.

4) I can and will back up what im saying.

other than that, how is everyone?

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Ok first off NEWBIE.....your smartass comments arent doing you any good....and second you have NO CLUE what the fuck your talking about....and i know more about Srt-4s and prolly any other car than you will ever know, so if i were you i wouldnt even try to make people think im a dumbass, cause in this site its not gunna happen.....ive gotten into it with a bunch of NEWBS on this site and most are banned....and the fucking VID clearly proves that i BEAT a Viper.....so if you dont know what the fuck your talking about shut the fuck up....oh and thats a great way to start on this forum you dumb shit....and i never said 380 whp you fuck....thats trq

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

SUNSET ORANGE METALIC
    2001 CAMARO SS

get him stone

white
    98' Gsx

No i have a fully bolted skittle with a stock turbo and a trick tune....before the tune it pulled 291whp and 311trq(dyno weight correction was 323 and 355.....now it should be around 350 and 380ish. And yea im sure driver had alot to do with it....i did run a 00 Viper with full exhaust and this guy could drive.....he got me by over 2 cars from a 40(my sweet spot)

forgive me for missing your non-descriptive horsepower and torque figures.

also, I cant get enough of being called newbie....thats classic internet rage fall back, you have no ground to stand on, the video is inconclusive. You are on stock turbo. you are slow. sorry you dont relize that.

If the mods wanna ban me, so be it. I guarentee ive forgotten more about YOUR car then you will ever know. let alone mine.

Discuss.

white
    98' Gsx

Ok first off NEWBIE.....your smartass comment's arent doing you any good, second you have NO CLUE what the fuck your talking about, i know more about Srt-4s and probably any other car than you will ever know. So if I were you I wouldn't even try to make people think im a dumbass, because on this site its not gonna happen. Ive gotten into it with a bunch of NEWBS on this site and most are banned, the fucking video clearly proves that I BEAT a Viper. So if you dont know what the fuck your talking about shut the fuck up....oh and thats a great way to start on this forum you dumb shit....and i never said 380 whp you fuck....thats tourque
    Oh and also, I thought I would fix your grammer since its giving me a headache.

Butt hurt much?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dsmx17 View Post
    Oh and also, I thought I would fix your grammer since its giving me a headache.

Butt hurt much?
    honestly, his grammar was perfectly understandable. we're not writing college essays here, so exact punctuation isnt required.
    i understood everything completely. the only thing wrong with it was that he put commas where periods were... ud have to be retarded to not understand what he said

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Dude your fighting a losing battle i hate to tell you......yes my car is slow but i dont care...I hvae a house, cars, g/f etc...i dont have to be the fastest car out there......you sound like one of those "my dick is bigger than your dick" kinda guys.....but hey....its ok....if i had a small penis and didnt have a leg to stand on id be picking on teh neon driver too Grow up. :-)

white
    98' Gsx

I still dont see where I am wrong in my first statement.

it still stands a 112mph car will not beat a 120mph car from a roll, the video looks like you did a ricer flyby. that is all.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I still dont see where I am wrong in my first statement.

it still stands a 112mph car will not beat a 120mph car from a roll, the video looks like you did a ricer flyby. that is all.

u wont last long here

white
    98' Gsx

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    u wont last long here
    for stating a fact?

I dont understand why some of you are up this guys ass so far you dont see through this Bs video... but whatever.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

for stating a fact?

I dont understand why some of you are up this guys ass so far you dont see through this Bs video... but whatever.

u have 7 posts and we have read his threads for a year......he posts both kills and deaths

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Thanks speedaddict!!

On an an FYI DSM....if my car traps 112 today i have a 16in penis

white
    98' Gsx

Thanks speedaddict!!

On an an FYI DSM....if my car traps 112 today i have a 16in penis
    good for you?

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

good for you?
    Dude.....STFU

white
    98' Gsx

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    Dude.....STFU

I hope the srt4 kid is paying you all.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information