Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some idiot a G6 tried to race me, I think.

I was out in the SS, mmob, when I come up behind a G6. I could see him in his side mirror & he looked like an ass. He was doing 60 & ashing his cigarette out the window. I knew where that lit butt was going to go when he was done, too. (out his window & I had my t-tops off) That would have pissed me off, so I decided to pass him. I had a feeling he might try something, so I made sure I passed him strong. He tried to keep up, but it was embarrasing. Once I got in front of him (about 5-10 seconds) he wanted to ride my ass, going much faster than his original 60. I slowed down to about 70 & I was getting pissed, but also didn't want to have to drive like a maniac puting others at risk in the process.

Anyways, he stayed behind me until we hit some curves & he tailed off a bit. Then, an old lady was in front of us doing 50. I stayed behind her long enough to let him catch up & then opened her up around the old lady. The LS1 & Borla made sweet music & I think he got the point, as I never saw him after that. Haha.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk
    02 Camaro SS. A4, Borla Catback, SLP Lid, Ported TB, Free Mods.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

If it was a normal G6, that is sad. GXP's actually got some pickup to them. The 3.6 with 6 speed auto is a blast to drive. So much so I bought one for my wife buuut she still can't keep up with my baby, even with 225k

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Yep, it was a regular G6. Complete with tacky Walmart plastic portholes/vents glued to the fender!

I am not trying to act like king racer or anything, this guy totally deserved to be humiliated. You won't see me out trying to mess with 500hp turbos. This guy was just an idiot.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefish View Post
    Yep, it was a regular G6. Complete with tacky Walmart plastic portholes/vents glued to the fender!

I am not trying to act like king racer or anything, this guy totally deserved to be humiliated. You won't see me out trying to mess with 500hp turbos. This guy was just an idiot.

well said

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    well said
    Thanks. I didn't want to come off as some egotistical idiot, but this guy needed a reality check. This SS, is my first fast car (I am 34, so I have had a lot of slow cars) & normally this shit happens to me in my 115hp dd civic & I have to take it, as it is very slow. I wasn't tailgating this guy or doing anything to provoke him, I was just out enjoying my car with the tops out and I wanted to go faster than he was going.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

This reminds me of the one time I wanted to shoot, rape, and cremate a guy. I was coming back from my mom's house in NM, and had my cruise set at 94 the whole way on I-10. From Las Cruces to PHX. I am a very considerate driver, don't push anyone, cut anyone off, and use my blinkers religiously. Anyways, I hit Tucson at sunset, and gas up. Get out of Tucson a little ways, and pass an Escalade. He pulls out, and rides my ass, then passes me. He was only doing 80-85 when I passed him. So, he pulls out in front of me, then hits the brakes and slows back down. So, I pass him again. Then, he pulls out to pass and brake. Then, I goose it good, and leave him a good 2 miles back. Here he comes again. Had that truck to the floor till he passes me, then slows back down again. This went on for almost a 100 miles. I was so pissed, I was seeing red.

Sometimes, they just try so hard to hide their need to compensate for other shortcomings that we get caught in the crosshairs. I love my SS. I love the feel, sound, & smell when I put it to the floor, but I certainly try not to show off or be disrespectful. It is not the fastest car out there, but it is mine & it makes me happy. I guess some people aren't so lucky.

Last edited by Whitefish; 05-27-2012 at 05:43 PM.

I was out in the SS, mmob, when I come up behind a G6. I could see him in his side mirror & he looked like an ass. He was doing 60 & ashing his cigarette out the window. I knew where that lit butt was going to go when he was done, too. (out his window & I had my t-tops off) That would have pissed me off
    Sounds like you have the same pet pieve I have. I never could stand that crap. I've had lit cigarette buts land on my hood and roll right up into the SS hood scoop and burn the plastic screen before I could pull over and get it out. I've been driving with the top down in the vert and have people throw them out and damn near land in the car.
    I've even seen a boat catch fire that was being towed, they weren't running a cover on the boat and a cigarette landed inside. He went several miles before someone flagged him down to tell him his boat was smoking. When he stopped it shot flames.
    It's bad enough that smoking is a nasty habbit but even worse when people also have a nasty habbit of just tossing their trash where ever it's convenient. Okay sorry for the rant,,,,carry on

Yeah, it irks me pretty good. I smoke an occasional cigar (about 1-2 a week) & sometimes I smoke them in my DD, usually during the winter, & I have a bottle for the butts. It really isn't that big of a deal to stash them away in an old gatorade bottle with about an inch or so of water in the bottom.

Yeah it's not like it's impossible to do the right thing with a lit cigarette butt, just lazyness is what it is.

I've since discovered it's a huge problem out here in AZ where it's so dry. They have literally dozens of road side grass fires around here every year due to cigarettes thrown out the windows. Most of the time they are contained but widlfires out here are a huge problem. We've had 4 bad ones already and it isn't even June yet. And yet people still toss them out like it's no big thing. The carelessness in society simply amazes me. Okay I'll quit,,,,don't get me started again

Lack of personal responsibility & the "victim" mentality are taking over. How much you wanna bet, that someone within the next few years 1) gets busted for tossing a lit cigarette & starting a fire & then 2) sues the car maker for not putting an ashtray in the car and/or the cigarette maker. Sad part is, it will probably happen & some hippie judge will probably find in their favor.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

That is some lawyers' tactics. To shop around for a sympathetic judge, and then file in their juris.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have mini-vans trying to race me at times
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I have mini-vans trying to race me at times
    Around here there are always lanes that end up ahead, with warnings well ahead of time so you know. But there are always the jackasses that will try to beat everyone to it just to get a few cars ahead. Most times it's a red light, with 3 lanes going to 2, so it's usually a drag race. Most times I prefer the far left lane so I don't have to deal with the idiots. Once in a while I pick the middle and see who rolls up in the far right lane . You get your mini vans, honda civics, and even those little prius cars Always in a hurry,,,pffff. Once in a while you get an SRT8 (happened once ) or a mustang. I like to go through a couple gears and make them work for it, then they realize they aren't going to make it

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

this thread reminded me of this one from way back
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f35/camaro-envy-80905/
    My friend just brought this article up the other day actually as well haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Shermanator86 View Post
    this thread reminded me of this one from way back
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f35/camaro-envy-80905/
    My friend just brought this article up the other day actually as well haha.
    Good article, Thanks! Unfortunately, it sounds about dead-on!

This just happened to me again, but I was in my Wife's Honda Pilot. Some dbag in a beat up s10 pulls out in front of me & proceeds to do 50 in a 55. I go to pass him & he tried to race me, i guess. I wasn't really paying attention at first. Now the Pilot has 250hp & can move when it needs to, so it was not a race, but what possessed him to "race" is beyond me. Too many dumbasses out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Around here there are always lanes that end up ahead, with warnings well ahead of time so you know. But there are always the jackasses that will try to beat everyone to it just to get a few cars ahead. Most times it's a red light, with 3 lanes going to 2, so it's usually a drag race. Most times I prefer the far left lane so I don't have to deal with the idiots. Once in a while I pick the middle and see who rolls up in the far right lane . You get your mini vans, honda civics, and even those little prius cars Always in a hurry,,,pffff. Once in a while you get an SRT8 (happened once ) or a mustang. I like to go through a couple gears and make them work for it, then they realize they aren't going to make it
    Those are always fun...especially when it is some idiot who thinks he/she is fast.

Those are always fun...especially when it is some idiot who thinks he/she is fast.
    There is one thing I've noticed living out here in AZ,,,,everyone drives like their ass is on fire. Everyone seems to be in a hurry to get absolutely no place. They'll cut off 3 lanes of traffic just to be the first one in the turn lane up ahead. Makes no sense to me. What really pisses me off is when there isn't a turn lane,,,and they speed around, cut over 3 lanes and then slam on the brakes to turn right in front of you. That's why I see more road rage incidents on the news here than I did back in Ohio.

I figure it's all these California implants that migrated over here during the last house boom, that's what I'm told by the AZ natives anyway. Because they sure as hell didn't drive this bad in Cinci where I'm originally from.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Because they sure as hell didn't drive this bad in Cinci where I'm originally from.
    Cincy, no....Northern KY, Yes! Man, is 75 in Northern KY a crazy place....at least it is every time I am there.

Thread Information