Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Some EE Kills

This is a discussion on Some EE Kills within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal I knew it. I knew you had something up your sleeve Tom lol. Not too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    I knew it. I knew you had something up your sleeve Tom lol. Not too sure anymore if Wesman plans on racing against you come this June , but my boy Dave will definitely run ya though...!

I cringe whenever I hear 4g63 "set up's". I helped install a set of CompCams (don't remember the part number, but their highly debated in comparison with the HKS's), on my buddies Eclipse GSX. We had the head off the engine, and in the garage, when we started porting, and prepping for the new cams....

One of my other buddies, by mistake (so he says) started turning the engine over by hand in the interim (with the head off). Don't know if people here know how precise the timing must be on these engines, but it took us forever to get it re-timed (damn balancing shaft location lmao)....

I'll stick with SBC's, thank you...
    Haha I knew you were gonna see that post! Yeah Im changing some things, nothing major unfortuneately. I didnt have the guts to get a big turbo because I cherish my response/spool so much with the stock turbo. I used to have Comp Cams in my DSM way back in the day, they work great and are so inexpensive! As for the timing, when I did the cams I actually didnt take off the timing belt, I zip tied the belt tightly to the cam gears, took them off, and then just swapped cams, and of course before that I rotated them until they were at TDC! The 4G63s can be fussy though

BTW, How is Etown, Ive heard tons of people going already. I feel like Ive been left behind!

2009 Corvette ZO6

Man, where were you when we needed you lol! We finally had all six timing points lined up properly, then we literally "stretched" the belt back onto the cam gears with our fingers out of PURE frustration. One of our buddies who is a certified mechanic at a Mitsubishi dealership over on Route 22 told us that it would be impossible to do, and boy did we show him, after a few broken fingers, that is, lmao!

Last Friday had to be one of the best nights I ever had at the track. Not so much for numbers run, but there were tons of people coming from out of nowhere. I mean, 9:00PM, and the lines were still half way down towards entrance on the spectators side....

Felt like a kid in a candy store...

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Haha I knew you were gonna see that post! Yeah Im changing some things, nothing major unfortuneately. I didnt have the guts to get a big turbo because I cherish my response/spool so much with the stock turbo. I used to have Comp Cams in my DSM way back in the day, they work great and are so inexpensive! As for the timing, when I did the cams I actually didnt take off the timing belt, I zip tied the belt tightly to the cam gears, took them off, and then just swapped cams, and of course before that I rotated them until they were at TDC! The 4G63s can be fussy though

BTW, How is Etown, Ive heard tons of people going already. I feel like Ive been left behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
    Man, where were you when we needed you lol! We finally had all six timing points lined up properly, then we literally "stretched" the belt back onto the cam gears with our fingers out of PURE frustration. One of our buddies who is a certified mechanic at a Mitsubishi dealership over on Route 22 told us that it would be impossible to do, and boy did we show him, after a few broken fingers, that is, lmao!

Last Friday had to be one of the best nights I ever had at the track. Not so much for numbers run, but there were tons of people coming from out of nowhere. I mean, 9:00PM, and the lines were still half way down towards entrance on the spectators side....

Felt like a kid in a candy store...
    I cant believe you did that! That's crazy and impressive at the same time. I also cant believe how crowded Etown is getting, I think we need another central NJ race track. It seems to get much busier every year!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

EE's car is slow

na man, mad props

wish i had a fast car....

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

you'll have to run my 700 RWHP 1990 volvo 240 on a race gas tune

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    you'll have to run my 700 RWHP 1990 volvo 240 on a race gas tune
    I gotta see some pics of that thing!!!

98 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I also cant believe how crowded Etown is getting, I think we need another central NJ race track. It seems to get much busier every year!
    We sure do!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

EE, was that Evo9 the one I raced?
    Also, when the hell are you gonna be around again man?
    I think I'm the only one that doesn't have his car in pieces yet...

P.S. Can't race Garret, he said he's getting rid of it and outta the scene...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    EE, was that Evo9 the one I raced?
    Also, when the hell are you gonna be around again man?
    I think I'm the only one that doesn't have his car in pieces yet...

P.S. Can't race Garret, he said he's getting rid of it and outta the scene...

I dont know if it was. What color was the one you raced? Ill be around hopefully in mid April or late April. As soon as tax season is over! Yeah Garrett's poor little Saturn fell apart and he doesnt wanna deal with it anymore. It broke every other week.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I dont know if it was. What color was the one you raced?
    It was greyish... I dunno man, it was night time. Only thing I know is that he has a GF w/ a DSM she runs at the track...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    It was greyish... I dunno man, it was night time. Only thing I know is that he has a GF w/ a DSM she runs at the track...

No thats Steve, he has a 2006 Gray EVO9 (stock). His gf has the 2G DSM thats black and fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information