Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So two imports want to race me....

This is a discussion on So two imports want to race me.... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by EE1983 I said torque in general. S2000s make like 136ft/lbs MAX. That is junk. Maybe I should ...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I said torque in general. S2000s make like 136ft/lbs MAX. That is junk.

Maybe I should be talking about torque since I have 386ft/lbs on tap at 3600-3700rpm. In fact, I have more torque than I do horsepower.
    Unfortunately for you, your engine is no better than a Honda in terms of low end power and torque. Meaning in the everyday driveability range of 1000RPM to 3000RPM. Your engine has nothing until the turbo fully spools up, at which time it makes the numbers you are claiming. Below that range its like a 2.0L N/A 4 cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Unfortunately for you, your engine is no better than a Honda in terms of low end power and torque. Meaning in the everyday driveability range of 1000RPM to 3000RPM. Your engine has nothing until the turbo fully spools up, at which time it makes the numbers you are claiming. Below that range its like a 2.0L N/A 4 cylinder.
    I cruise at around 3000rpm just about 80% of the time. When I hit the gas, there is power. End of story. Stop trying so hard, you always lose. Oh and stop going off topic to try and in some way bash an import, its getting old.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I cruise at around 3000rpm just about 80% of the time. When I hit the gas, there is power. End of story. Stop trying so hard, you always lose.

Wow, thats ridiculous. Why would anyone want to cruise around at 3,000RPM just to make sure you have enough power to get out of your own way in a 35K "performance" car??

I always lose??

Here you are making fun of Hondas for not having any low end, yet you need to cruise around at 3,000RPM to make any useable power/torque. Pot calling kettle black.

Wow, thats ridiculous. Why would anyone want to cruise around at 3,000RPM just to make sure you have enough power to get out of your own way in a 35K "performance" car??

I always lose??

Here you are making fun of Hondas for not having any low end, yet you need to cruise around at 3,000RPM to make any useable power/torque. Pot calling kettle black.

HAHAHA. Who would want to cruise at 3000rpm? I think your stuck in the old ages where you think cruising at 1500rpm is necessary. Well I guess it is when you're redline is 6300rpm. Mine is at 7900. Cruising at 3000rpm is not a big deal. Ive already explained this and my gas mileage is just fine crusing at that RPM.

Yes you always lose since you bring up pointless concepts like this, which are always almost compeltely wrong. Just stop posting about these things already, youre not convincing anyone.

Just stop replying, you started going way off topic about this and you are ruining the thread.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

HAHAHA. Who would want to cruise at 3000rpm? I think your stuck in the old ages where you think cruising at 1500rpm is necessary. Well I guess it is when you're redline is 6300rpm. Mine is at 7900. Cruising at 3000rpm is not a big deal. Ive already explained this and my gas mileage is just fine crusing at that RPM.

Yes you always lose since you bring up pointless concepts like this, which are always almost compeltely wrong. Just stop posting about these things already, youre not convincing anyone.
    Yep, I'm stuck in the dark ages where people drive V8's that actually have low end power. Where a motor has enough balls to cruise around at 1500RPM without falling flat on its face. Where performance engines sound like thunder instead of angry bees.

We're on LS1.com, I don't need to convince anyone. If I didn't they wouldn't already be here in the first place. You're not/ End of story, stop ruining the thread.

We're on LS1.com, I don't need to convince anyone. If I didn't they wouldn't already be here in the first place. You're not/ End of story, stop ruining the thread.
    Um, I was having a convo about torque to another member and how S2000s have none... ANYWHERE, youre the one who chimed in and startd your holy grail argument about your nifty low end torque. THAT IS OFF TOPIC. If you just stayed in your cave and STFU, we wouldnt be having this non-sensical conversation that you continually bring up in every thread. Im aware what forum we are on and I wasnt even talking to you. Thats the end of the story.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Oh, I don't know....the S2000 has more torque at 8000 rpm than pretty much anything else here.

And I agree that what rpm you are turning down the highway isn't really an issue - so long as the motor is built for the powerband (or 'cruising band') that it is operating in. For example....I used to cruise down that highway at ~2800 rpm in a 4V 4.6 all day long. Still got ~25 mpg driving ~70 mph.

It's all about where the engine works best....for either performance, economy, or both.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Um, I was having a convo about torque to another member and how S2000s have none... ANYWHERE, youre the one who chimed in and startd your holy grail argument about your nifty low end torque. THAT IS OFF TOPIC. If you just stayed in your cave and STFU, we wouldnt be having this non-sensical conversation that you continually bring up in every thread. Im aware what forum we are on and I wasnt even talking to you. Thats the end of the story.

I merely pointed out the irony in you making fun of Hondas for having no torque.

As usual, you get all defensive about it, and an arguement ensues. If you would just admit that its true instead of trying to defend your car to death as usual, there wouldn't have been an issue.

I merely pointed out the irony in you making fun of Hondas for having no torque.

As usual, you get all defensive about it, and an arguement ensues. If you would just admit that its true instead of trying to defend your car to death as usual, there wouldn't have been an issue.
    There was no irony since the relative conversation regarding torque had nothing to do with "low-end" torque. You just saw a chance to make a comment that was of course negative.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983

98T/Aformula
    LOL this has just gotten retarted lol

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Yeah, there aren't any ricers really here. the ones that are look all busted up because the roads suck. I had one guy begging to race me, and my ws6 was almost stock. I smoked him twice and he 'blew a coil' even though he finished the race. I think he came to a realization though.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I got my car back on the road today and I've heard around town from several people that said this Maxima has nitrous and pcm. maybe other small bolt ons too, but i'm not sure. I don't think a stock Maxima could handle a big enough shot to take me but they are lighter. Looks like i'm just gonna have to race him
    Last edited by GottaHaveLS1; 04-20-2007 at 10:58 PM.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    I got my car back on the road today and I've heard around town from several people that said this Maxima has nitrous and pcm. maybe other small bolt ons too, but i'm not sure. I don't think a stock Maxima could handle a big enough shot to take me but they are lighter. Looks like i'm just gonna have to race him
    Actually that Maxima should be negligibly lighter than your car. They are not light. Also, Id be somewhat skeptical if he has nitrous and a PCM. If he has lets say a 100shot which he very well could since its a 3.5L, he could be putting down around 340whp+. Just something to think about.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Actually that Maxima should be negligibly lighter than your car. They are not light. Also, Id be somewhat skeptical if he has nitrous and a PCM. If he has lets say a 100shot which he very well could since its a 3.5L, he could be putting down around 340whp+. Just something to think about.
    Yea, I think they are 100-200 lbs lighter. not a big deal. lets just hope his shot isn't that big. My friend road in the maxima and the kid went to 140 on some street, but my friend said it wasn't as fast as my car. I don't know if he used nitrous in the ride though. Stock LS1's could probably take a 100 shot... but i'm no expert. I would think that a stock 3.5L couldn't take that much. I mean, the motor and drivetrain is stock (as far as I know) and it is a family sedan lol.
    I looked up specs. 03 maxima has 265 hp, probably 220fwhp plus say 15whp if he has boltons and maybe 100whp for pcm and nitrous. so its really up in the air cuz i don't know what size his shot is.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Yea, I think they are 100-200 lbs lighter. not a big deal. lets just hope his shot isn't that big. My friend road in the maxima and the kid went to 140 on some street, but my friend said it wasn't as fast as my car. I don't know if he used nitrous in the ride though. Stock LS1's could probably take a 100 shot... but i'm no expert. I would think that a stock 3.5L couldn't take that much. I mean, the motor and drivetrain is stock (as far as I know) and it is a family sedan lol.
    I looked up specs. 03 maxima has 265 hp, probably 220fwhp plus say 15whp if he has boltons and maybe 100whp for pcm and nitrous. so its really up in the air cuz i don't know what size his shot is.
    Yeah its going to come down to what size shot he has. However, you are M6 and have some little mods so overall even if he did have a 100shot, it'd still be close. If he doesnt, you should definitely get him.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Don't know what year Maxima you're talking about, but as an example and for reference, a 2000 Maxima SE is listed at 3199 lbs curb weight. Same year GLE is 3294 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Don't know what year Maxima you're talking about, but as an example and for reference, a 2000 Maxima SE is listed at 3199 lbs curb weight. Same year GLE is 3294 lbs.
    I was thinking new Maxima (2004+) which is around 3400+

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

its a 2003 and weighs around 3200lbs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information