Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    98 z28 m6

smoked an sti tonight...

Went to the local mall tonight with a few people, not even really looking to race. On my way back i saw an sti (almost 100% sure it was an 06) in the lane to the right which was to get off the main road we were on. I gave him a little pipe and shot back over into my lane behind me. We cruise for a little trying to catch a light....finally we do so we look over at each other and get ready...light turns green and i pull ahead right from the dig...Hit 2nd and hes at my quarter panel till i get to the top of 3rd and then i start pulling. By the top of 4th i had atleast 3 cars. I slow down then and he pulls next to me, looks over and gives me the thumbs up. Alls i could see was a big can on the back, who knows what else was done. Note---i had 4 people in my car, a system and a full tank of gas. Would have liked to see the outcome if it was just me...

NBM
    '00 Z28

Good kill. What are your mods? It's not easy taking an STi off the line! PROPS!

black
    98 z28 m6

I know, i was so surprised to not see him jump on me...It may have been because i was more ready...We were on a slight incline right at the light so i had the gas tapped a little and the clutch grabbing so i wouldent roll and as soon as it hit green i could rip. I woulda thought he had done the same but maybe not? I couldent hear his car over mine to tell or not but im sure he could hear me. My mods are in my sig. Still dont have a tune on this bad boy either. Also have to shift a lil slow with my pos dead slave cyl.

NBM
    '00 Z28

no sig block on your post.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice kill.

STi's only put down 240WHP stock, they are not much competition for LS1's

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

hmmmm...hard to believe....good kill if it's true. I bet 4 people in an fbod gave you soem good traction

Black
    1999 Chevy Camaro Z28

a win is a win, nice kill.

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by dipherentdesign
    hmmmm...hard to believe....good kill if it's true. I bet 4 people in an fbod gave you soem good traction
    What do you mean its hard to believe? Please enlighten me...

Heres what i have typed in there...how do i change it so it isnt blocked?

Crane cam(Small), Crane roller rockers, Crane ti retainers, light Port n polish, Borla CB, SLP lid, 180* thermo, Groty LT, Mufflex catless y w/ merge, stage 2 clutch

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Why is it hard to believe??

Even a stock LS1 will destroy an STI of you can launch it properly.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I know right. If I have one person in my car it I can tell the difference easily. It pulls like I got the A/C wide open. I don't like to race anyone if I have someone in the car. Why have an excuse if I lose?

I have heard of stock STI's pulling LS1's through first and second, then losing ground from there. That was with the F-bod driver being alone. He said he had three more people, that is like 600 lbs, including himself and a full tank. That puts the F-bod at like 4000 plus lbs, about as much as a Lightning.

Just saw his mods. That makes the kill seem more realistic. But still, 4 people? You are just asking to get outrun, plus the other people in the car might get hurt along with you if the unthinkable happens. IMHO, not worth it.

GOOD KILL. Nice to see, even fattened up, the LS1 F-bod is still a handful.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    Nice kill.

STi's only put down 240WHP stock, they are not much competition for LS1's
    they are more of a threat than you think

black
    98 z28 m6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I know right. If I have one person in my car it I can tell the difference easily. It pulls like I got the A/C wide open. I don't like to race anyone if I have someone in the car. Why have an excuse if I lose?

I have heard of stock STI's pulling LS1's through first and second, then losing ground from there. That was with the F-bod driver being alone. He said he had three more people, that is like 600 lbs, including himself and a full tank. That puts the F-bod at like 4000 plus lbs, about as much as a Lightning.

Just saw his mods. That makes the kill seem more realistic. But still, 4 people? You are just asking to get outrun, plus the other people in the car might get hurt along with you if the unthinkable happens. IMHO, not worth it.

GOOD KILL. Nice to see, even fattened up, the LS1 F-bod is still a handful.
    I know that, and like i said before, i wasnt even looking to race...i was on my way home from the mall. But for someone like me, i cant turn a race down. I didnt go nuts, i coulda hit 5th and kept on ripping but i didnt. If i was by myself i prolly would have, then again my lead would have been bigger by that time too...When i go out racing on fri and or sat its always just me and about a 1/4 tank.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    When i go out racing on fri and or sat its always just me and about a 1/4 tank.
    Me too! I thought I was the only one who hated to fill it past half a tank for racing purposes. Somewhere between 1/4 and a 1/2, usually, which equates to a 20 spot these days with high ass gas prices.
    Last edited by Roastem; 06-06-2006 at 05:04 AM.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Im not surprised you took the sti since a stock ls1 will pull on a stock sti. And yours is modded. The sti must not have know how to launch AWD. Its not nearly as easy as you think. Was there sti stickers on it? It could have been just a wrx. Good kill though.

black
    98 z28 m6

Yeah it said sti on the back and had the sti wing. I saw it right before i piped him. That was the only time he was in front of me
    Last edited by ttocs; 06-05-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

black
    98 z28 m6

^^^There has to be something im missing here...I cant catch the humor in that? Honestly, im not trying to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    I thought I was the only one who hated to fill it past half a tank for racing purposes. Somwhere between 1/4 and a 1/2...
    Not at all, I do the very same thing... that, while lowering the tire pressure in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by ttocs
    ^^^There has to be something im missing here...
    Traction. With our cars, it's either hit or miss... never really consistent on the street. I had a very hard time hooking up with absolutely no mods, and with the mods you described above, it makes it all the more questionable (again, not saying you didn't take him off the line, it's hit or miss, and you obviously "hit" this time).

Good kill!

black
    98 z28 m6

Totally forgot about tire pressure...The next day when i went to tighten up my y pipe i checked all my tires and the backs were about 10lbs low, so that prolly helped a lil too i guess...my rears are also like slicks

Idk, beleive what you want guys, i really dont care...I know what i did.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    Im not surprised you took the sti since a stock ls1 will pull on a stock sti. And yours is modded. The sti must not have know how to launch AWD. Its not nearly as easy as you think. Was there sti stickers on it? It could have been just a wrx. Good kill though.
    If it was just a WRX he would have put buslengths on it...

Thread Information