Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Smoked a Shelby GT500

This is a discussion on Smoked a Shelby GT500 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by LGT Guru I dont think anyone can talk trash or has tried to about the engine, its ...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by LGT Guru View Post
    I dont think anyone can talk trash or has tried to about the engine, its the rest of the car that needs some work, weight and suspension mainly.
    Just a precursor.

This is an LS1 site.
    Always has the elitists.

Shhh! There's a
    hooker in the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

That said, I certainly hope this thread doesn't turn into a 'bash the GT500' affair. That motor in a lighter car would SCREAM!
    i didnt mean for that to happen. i was just really proud of myself and all the work ive put into the car for it to outperform (if you really wanna say that) a gt500.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Just a precursor.

This is an LS1 site.
    Always has the elitists.
    I meant on this thread, i have seen people on this site talk trash about the gt500 on other threads. My old name had over 2000 posts so i have been in alot of GT500 discussions. Elitists are on every site, some people on the legacy forums refuse believe that ls1 cars can run lower than a 13.8.(Stock) Because that would be faster than a stock legacy lol

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

I don't really care for the GT500 purely because of its weight problem. They looks sweet and they're definitely rare, but an fbody with similar HP will roast it (or less in transamy's case). I don't know why they are making all the muscle cars so damn heavy these days. It must be all the safety bullshit required now. the 03/04 cobras, gt500, lsx gto and the new charger and challengers are way way too heavy. hopefully the new camaro wont be so bad.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

The camaro will probably around 3700-3900lbs id say. If you look at any of those cars compared to the ls1 f-bodys you will notice that all of them have better quality everything basically. The interios are awesome, the all have IRS, more hp from factory means they need parts to suppost that hp they can warrenty. Stronger parts are bigger and heavier

black
    99 formula firebird

sounds like novice drivers going at it? and a lot of traction problems for everybody involved, and if you happinned to get the jump then great but rest assured if the GT500 had got the grip first that would have been it...and i absolutely LOATHE mustangs, i call em $HIT$leds...but you have to give credit...if you did beat this GT500 then good for you..nice kill

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

The camaro will probably around 3700-3900lbs id say. If you look at any of those cars compared to the ls1 f-bodys you will notice that all of them have better quality everything basically. The interios are awesome, the all have IRS, more hp from factory means they need parts to suppost that hp they can warrenty. Stronger parts are bigger and heavier
    yea, but the new vettes are like 3100-3300 lbs. reliable parts and cars can be made light, it just takes more engineering and obviously money. but still, they make all these new muscle cars seem so bad ass because they have 450 hp or more, but my car would still keep up cuz the others are so damn heavy. the new camaro better have well over 400 hp with that weight.
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD, !AIR, !EGR, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Well the ls3 is 432hp or something in the 430s, and everyone wants to see a supercharged engine which gm is starting to embrace would be 500+, personal i think they are gonna do a lsa the new CTS-V 550hp engine cause you know they dont like have the camaro/Trans Am having the same hp as the vette, hence the ls1 vette rated 350hp and the non-ram air f-bodys with 305hp and the ram airs with 325, but really they were all 350-360hp.

The vette is 3200-3300lbs a great deal lighter but like you said its also in another price range

10's N/A

I hope the new camaro comes with a FI option, now those 2 would be good competition
    Good competition? You've got to be kidding me. If the 5th gen is offered with anything remotely similar to the LS9 it won't even be close.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

I know but they wont do a ls9 until they have somethign better for the vette, now the 550hp lsa that could happen.

10's N/A

I know but they wont do a ls9 until they have somethign better for the vette, now the 550hp lsa that could happen.
    Yeah that caddy motor would be nice.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

Its damn near the same thing, both have forged internals, both are 6.2liter supercharged. The LS9 has more high end valve train parts, titanium and what not.

10's N/A

Its damn near the same thing, both have forged internals, both are 6.2liter supercharged. The LS9 has more high end valve train parts, titanium and what not.
    Yeah they're basically the same thing. The CTS-V motor is basically just a detuned version of the LS9.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

De-tuned with some internal downgrades, i read all the differences one day. A rumor i heard is that the ls8 another supercharged 6.2liter will be put in the zeta platform. Its a 475-500hp engine. then there is the LST im not sure what that is

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Cronex View Post
    ...they don't have 500 horses. They have about 450. Why would they detune the engine for the first 500 miles? Doesn't make any sense to me. The engine itself is a detuned GT motor. Reguardless, even if they did detune it for the first 500 miles, they still should have enough power. I doubt they would detune it so much. But whatever, nice kill.
    you have to put 500 miles on it at half boost then take it back and they change the pulley for you. its part of the "break in" period. i know a dude who got one he went out and drove 500 miles on it the day he got it just so he could take it back and get them to change the pulley out on it. they are sick cars though. only 450hp, but still a sick car. they are 500hp though if you get the K&N fipk2 for it.

Impounded

Atlantic Blue
    2005 Legacy GT Stage 2

No they are 500hp at the crank, 450 to the wheels

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

a really good friend of the family owns a gt500 and he lemme drive on the back roads YES it was fast and pulled a little harder then my lightly modded T/A but man I was not at all impressed the hype is alot bigger than the cars actual performance it was kind of a let down

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

^ that's what i would expect. I really only like their look and they definitely have a nice interior. but like most ford vehicles, they are a let down.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

The LSA has hyper pistons

12.718 @ 117.47

black
    2000 ws.6 m6

now back to topic,great job transamy im glad to see more women fbody drivers,and congrades on good job doing things yourself,r u single?lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information