Thread: Smeared a G35

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Smeared a G35

So I decided to race my cousin's friend in his G35. It was a four door so it must have been the g35x (bone stock too, i believe). It was also tip tronic. We had two dig races from 0-100 and I pulled at least three cars by that point. I wish we were on a highway cuz I didn't even get into fourth gear . I gotta get better at launching so I can pull more thru first and second gear.
    Does anyone know if the coupes are faster? They both have the same 3.5 V6 right?
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Electron Blue
    2001 Camaro Berger SS

Thumbs up

first off, nice beating dude! Second yup same engine, but lighter than the 4door, so it'll be a bit quicker off the line. Third is he a retard? How is a 4dr G35 whoop a mean V8 T/A? Stupid!

CAMARO. TRANS AM.
    TWO CARS, ONE MISSION............
    D O M I N A N C E !

Black
    01 Camaro SS

You shoulda put more than 3 cars on him dude. That car is good for a 15 second pass, high 14s at a absolute best. Unless its the 07. The coupes are typically going low 14s but the 07s they have out are puttin out somethin over 300 horse and have supposedly gone as low as mid 13s in the 1/4. Till I see it though........

Dude here at work has a 05 sedan and said he'd smoke my TBSS until he found out what the TBSS really was. To bad he found out before hand. I told him we'd run for a 100 spot and he said he didn't wanna take my money. Ah to have a sleeper......
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Blue
    99 Z28

^I agree. I was a little surprised, only 3 CL's by 100?

They are both slow but the coupe is probably a couple tenths to half a second faster due to weight. I have raced several coupes and I just walk away from them no wait I run away from them. I'd say three lengths before the end of second gear. I don't understand why every guy who has a G35 thinks it's so fast. At least most of the guys who buy 350zs know better but for some reason the infinity folks think their cars are so fast. It's the same around here with the Acura TL's and I beat those in my 99 maxima.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    They are both slow but the coupe is probably a couple tenths to half a second faster due to weight. I have raced several coupes and I just walk away from them no wait I run away from them. I'd say three lengths before the end of second gear. I don't understand why every guy who has a G35 thinks it's so fast. At least most of the guys who buy 350zs know better but for some reason the infinity folks think their cars are so fast. It's the same around here with the Acura TL's and I beat those in my 99 maxima.
    LOL... yeah I had a kid in a TL actually tell me..."sure you can beat me on a roll you have a V8...lets go highway"... so I did...and put at least 5 cars on him from 60 till 120mph...

anyways... them infiniti's might not be the fastest things around but damn they look reaaaaaaaal nice... and I guess the only reason why they think they are so fast...it's because they are the Skyline's baby bro... anyways around here there's a G35 that no one wants to race...it's the fastest Street racer around... Twin Turbo ands tuff..

anyways... GOOD KILL DUDE!

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Like I said, i'm not that great at launching and I said at least three car lengths. I was more focused on watching the road in front of me since I was on the left side of a single lane street, not on whether it was 3 or 4 CL's

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    Like I said, i'm not that great at launching and I said at least three car lengths. I was more focused on watching the road in front of me since I was on the left side of a single lane street, not on whether it was 3 or 4 CL's
    Ok racing on a two lane street is not too smart, but I was 20 once too! I mean we all street race that's obvious just try to keep it safe.

Just take off at 2500 rpm, don't side step the clutch and you'll be fine. The trick is to minimize tire spin without bogging the car down.

Electron Blue
    2001 Camaro Berger SS

Talking

Timmay,
    haha, great one! Dumbass kid really thought his V6 G35 could whoop a 6.0l Vortec V8?! I woulda took him that day! Too bad he thought better of it!

Electron Blue
    2001 Camaro Berger SS

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    What matters is that you stomped his import arse. Bravo bro!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEatr View Post
    Timmay,
    haha, great one! Dumbass kid really thought his V6 G35 could whoop a 6.0l Vortec V8?! I woulda took him that day! Too bad he thought better of it!
    Don't mean 5.7?

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEatr View Post
    Timmay,

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Don't mean 5.7?
    Nope to both. Actually its a LS2 6.0L.

And its a older dude here at work. He had no idea what the TBSS had in it till i told him. He wanted to know why I sounded so confident. Needless to say after I told him it had the LS2 in it his response was "The vette motor? Dude fuck that yo...."

When you get your launchin down a little better man, you'll put three cars on him by 40 mph.

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Nope to both. Actually its a LS2 6.0L.

And its a older dude here at work. He had no idea what the TBSS had in it till i told him. He wanted to know why I sounded so confident. Needless to say after I told him it had the LS2 in it his response was "The vette motor? Dude fuck that yo...."

When you get your launchin down a little better man, you'll put three cars on him by 40 mph.
    I believe snake eater was talking about the TBSS, but its not a vortech.

Yep, i'll just have to practice more and rape him again!

Matador Red Mica
    90 240SX

Yeah when 2009 rolls around the GTR will be in comission. It will be interesting to see if people get them mixed up with regular G37 coupes

G35's are known for being gutless even in the import world. They are nice to look at but unless you build them with FI or do an LS1 swap, they dont have to "go" to back up the "show". On a lighter note the interior is nice and roomie.

Scott

Thread Information