Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

slow 5.0

This is a discussion on slow 5.0 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; good shit . in my neighborhood theres (seriously) about 20 5.0's from 85-92. they arent stupid enough to race me ...

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am Ws6 M6

good shit . in my neighborhood theres (seriously) about 20 5.0's from 85-92. they arent stupid enough to race me , at least no one has tried YET. walk in the park for us LS1's . good kill !
    2001 TRANS AM WS6 M6 . LS1. SLP LTs,SLP cats,SLP catback,SLP Lid,K&N filter, MSD Wires, AC Delco Iridium plugs, Redline Oils and Fluids, Ws6 Store Short Stick, Hotchkis strut tower brace

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Couple of years ago I came upon a 5.0 Fox body that I thought would be a walk in the park. Sounded good and ran better. We did a couple of small pulls before we came to a light. I got him off the line (green light street race) but I couldn't get more than 1/2 car on him. I turned right at the next light (going home from a friends house). I've always wondered what he did (or how big the engine was) on that car to make it run so well.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by FirehawkM6 View Post
    good shit . in my neighborhood theres (seriously) about 20 5.0's from 85-92. they arent stupid enough to race me , at least no one has tried YET. walk in the park for us LS1's . good kill !
    Cool. Thanks.

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

There are a lot of Mustangs in the Midwest that are fast. Never underestimate 'em! I've been surprised by a lot of WRX's and Mustangs out here in cali! Power adders for mustangs are cheap.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

takes alot of power adders to beat a ls1.

Pewter
    2001 SS Convertible

Not a stock LS1.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    As stated earlier fox mustangs are very old cars,those guys were foolish to try a ls1 car,but in it's day 5.0 mustangs were the kings of the street.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    turbo buicks were king of the streets in the 80's

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Contrare.

No it doesn't. Obviously you don't have much to race in your neck of the woods.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Contrare.

Click for full size
    5.0 mustang,read the title,obviously teminators are another story.

wow on ls1.com i'm getting crap about 5.0 mustangs beating ls1s,by 3 different people.

yes,i forgot about turbo buicks they were the cars to beat in the late 80s early 90s.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    No it doesn't. Obviously you don't have much to race in your neck of the woods.
    normally i wouldn't respond to such a stupid post but you are crazy. i had 4 mustangs,87 lx 5.0,92 gt,96 gt,97 gt,i know full well what a 5.0 mustang can and cannot do,my 92 gt was a 5-speed with 3.55 gears,off road h pipe,flowmaster catback,k&n cold air intake,c&l 92mm mass air meter,b&m ripper shifter,and 70 mm throttle body.when i raced the first 98 t/a ls1 in montgomery,al back in late '97 he cleaned my clock quite easily.i don't know what you are smoking but without gt-40x heads,gt-40 intake,headers,x303 cam,and probably a bottle a 5.0 CANNOT beat a ls1! that adds up to a lot of bolt ons/power adders.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 04-04-2010 at 10:55 AM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

5.0 mustang,read the title,obviously teminators are another story.
    a) That's not a terminator in the video.

b) Windsor 5.0s have been gone for a LONG time, and the guy that you responded to simply said "Mustangs".

wow on ls1.com i'm getting crap about 5.0 mustangs beating ls1s,by 3 different people.
    While it is certianly possible for a 5.0 to beat an LS1, I fail to see anybody giving you "crap" about it.

Might want to find a bit thicker skin, sonny.

normally i wouldn't respond to such a stupid post but you are crazy. i had 4 mustangs,87 lx 5.0,92 gt,96 gt,97 gt,i know full well what a 5.0 mustang can and cannot do,my 92 gt was a 5-speed with 3.55 gears,off road h pipe,flowmaster catback,k&n cold air intake,c&l 92mm mass air meter,b&m ripper shifter,and 70 mm throttle body.when i raced the first 98 t/a ls1 in montgomery,al back in late '97 he cleaned my clock quite easily.i don't know what you are smoking but without gt-40x heads,gt-40 intake,headers,x303 cam,and probably a bottle a 5.0 CANNOT beat a ls1! that adds up to a lot of bolt ons/power adders.
    Normally I wouldn't respond to such stupidity either, but here I'll make an exception (ok, not true - I respond to such stupidity all the time).

It does not take all that crap to beat an LS1. Properly-driven, 5.0's have gotten into the 12's with bolt-ons (no internal engine mods, no power adders) since way back in 1989 (likely before you were born). With all that crap you listed, properly-driven 5.0s have gone deep into the 11s (without a bottle).

You and/or your 5.0s obviously sucked. I'm sorry.

Like I said above....get off the internet and learn a little.

You are lost my son. You are talking about mustangs that are 20 years old or better. What makes you think what you are racing is still a little stock 302??? In my neck of the woods most of them were 347 strokers, on motor only were running deep into the 11's and still driven daily. The shop I worked in was building 2-3 stroker 347's on any given week.
    When they were new they were only a few bolt ons away from 13's, and easily ran 12's with not much more. I did alot of street racing then with my own 12 second car at the time and easily found plenty of 5.0's that would give me all I wanted. We are talking mid to late 80's when a 12 second street car was a stout piece. Are you even old enough to remember this stuff???
    Pretty cocky coming from a guy that has a nearly bone stock LS1 to think there isn't a mustang out there that can beat you. Just when you think you are fast, someone comes along and cleans your clock. A nearly stock 13 second LS1 is nothing to be pounding your chest about,,,there are full size diesel trucks out there faster than that.

b) Windsor 5.0s have been gone for a LONG time, and the guy that you responded to simply said "Mustangs".

While it is certianly possible for a 5.0 to beat an LS1, I fail to see anybody giving you "crap" about it.

Normally I wouldn't respond to such stupidity either, but here I'll make an exception (ok, not true - I respond to such stupidity all the time).

It does not take all that crap to beat an LS1. Properly-driven, 5.0's have gotten into the 12's with bolt-ons (no internal engine mods, no power adders) since way back in 1989 (likely before you were born). With all that crap you listed, properly-driven 5.0s have gone deep into the 11s (without a bottle).

Ya, some people just don't get it. My guess is they are barely of driving age and really haven't driven much of anything, got an LS1 Fbody and suddenly think they are the fastest thing on 4 wheels.
    Not their fault by any means, they just don't know.
    Plenty of quick fox bodies out there, as well as the 96-97 newer mod motors. Eventually they will get schooled in a big way, then wonder what the hell just happened. Or be in denial thinking what ever it was must have had the summit catalog thrown at it to beat my mighty LS1
    LS motors are nice engines, but they certainly are not the fastest thing on the road.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i know a hell of a lot about fast cars and if you could read,obviously you cannot because you live in tennessee,you can see i'm 33.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 04-18-2010 at 11:40 PM.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You are lost my son. You are talking about mustangs that are 20 years old or better. What makes you think what you are racing is still a little stock 302??? In my neck of the woods most of them were 347 strokers, on motor only were running deep into the 11's and still driven daily. The shop I worked in was building 2-3 stroker 347's on any given week.
    When they were new they were only a few bolt ons away from 13's, and easily ran 12's with not much more. I did alot of street racing then with my own 12 second car at the time and easily found plenty of 5.0's that would give me all I wanted. We are talking mid to late 80's when a 12 second street car was a stout piece. Are you even old enough to remember this stuff???
    Pretty cocky coming from a guy that has a nearly bone stock LS1 to think there isn't a mustang out there that can beat you. Just when you think you are fast, someone comes along and cleans your clock. A nearly stock 13 second LS1 is nothing to be pounding your chest about,,,there are full size diesel trucks out there faster than that.

Ya, some people just don't get it. My guess is they are barely of driving age and really haven't driven much of anything, got an LS1 Fbody and suddenly think they are the fastest thing on 4 wheels.
    Not their fault by any means, they just don't know.
    Plenty of quick fox bodies out there, as well as the 96-97 newer mod motors. Eventually they will get schooled in a big way, then wonder what the hell just happened. Or be in denial thinking what ever it was must have had the summit catalog thrown at it to beat my mighty LS1
    LS motors are nice engines, but they certainly are not the fastest thing on the road.
    i am not some young punk.i have driven fast ass cars some much faster than my 02 ws6 for example,NSX,Z06,Viper GTS,and i never said a ls1 was the fastest thing on the road,i said it takes a lot of bolt ons for a 5.0 to beat a ls1.period.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 04-18-2010 at 11:41 PM.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

both of you are crazy.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 04-18-2010 at 11:42 PM.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. I guess that hit a nerve.

I did not know you were 33 years old. I assumed you were about 16 based on the content of your post. My bust.

PS....for the record, you said....

Lot of difference between "bolt-ons" and "power adders". But I'm sure you knew that, being 33 and having driven all those fast cars.

Dark blue/ Green
    02 ss 35th/99 z28 camaros

I like this it is getting good lmao

both you you can suck my dick!
    Ya, 33 going on 16 it seems

LOL. I guess that hit a nerve.

I did not know you were 33 years old. I assumed you were about 16 based on the content of your post. My bust.

PS....for the record, you said....

Lot of difference between "bolt-ons" and "power adders". But I'm sure you knew that, being 33 and having driven all those fast cars.
    Where do these people come from....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information