Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Showdown today- 05 E55 vs 02 WS6

This is a discussion on Showdown today- 05 E55 vs 02 WS6 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; ok im going to race him today.. i wonder how many bus lengths he will get on me.. lol jk ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Folsom,CA
    Posts
    109

    Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

    Showdown today- 05 E55 vs 02 WS6

    ok im going to race him today.. i wonder how many bus lengths he will get on me.. lol jk i have faith.. ill post when i get back

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO


  4. #4
    Never Drink and Derive Tonik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,019

    Black
    '99 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    Not too shabby, I wonder if there are any downhill 1/4's in Texas.

  5. #5
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    it should for that price...

  6. #6
    O U 8 1 2 Spaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    over here...
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,693

    []D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    Not too shabby, I wonder if there are any downhill 1/4's in Texas.
    every 1.4 mile track i've been to looks like it goes down hill then up... i dunno why...

  7. #7
    Junior Member BLWN 231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9

    Black
    98 GTP

    i tried to quote the video and the "bone stock" comment, but alas, not enough posts to post a URL, so i'm referring to the video up a few posts and the bone stock comment below it.

    I'm no expert on the power-to-weight thing, but i HIGHLY doubt that 469 hp and 516 tq is going to make a 4000lb sled run an 11.3. stock they're supposed to be good for mid 12s and that i'd believe, but that kind of power will put your f-body at mid-high 11's, but we tip the scales at about 500-600 lbs less. i just think that video, while extremely impressive, is a farce. no freakin way that thing is bone stock on street tires. i don't know your mods, but i'd say if he's stock, and you can put down a solid mid 12 pass, you'll be ok. just my .02
    Last edited by BLWN 231; 11-07-2006 at 07:55 PM.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Jose area
    Posts
    273

    Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

    I've seen videos changed as well. Mid 12s, some low. With DRs and a pulley swap, hello 11s!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member SeVeReDiStOrTiOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    8,164

    05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    doubt it's bone stock...even under the video it says all motor on street trires, all motor sure as hell doesn't mean stock. Aren't those boosted from the factory? How the hell is that all motor?

  10. #10
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    doubt it's bone stock...even under the video it says all motor on street trires, all motor sure as hell doesn't mean stock. Aren't those boosted from the factory? How the hell is that all motor?
    Must be talking no giggle juice, but anything else goes.

  11. #11
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

    Obviously the moron that posted the video does not know what he is talking about when it comes to supercharged Benz's. Here are some others so you can all get it through your head that this car turns mid to low 12's right off the showroom floor.

    E55 with drag radials against modded Cobra
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8f2b825f3c.htm

    Stock running 12.07
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2f0446757a.htm

    I'm not dissing the F-body. The Benz is a $90K car that gets the job done. It has the most sophisticated traction control on the planet that allows a perfect launch every single time. the new cars have a 7 speed auto that shifts so fast you can't even notice the shift.

  12. #12
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    yum

  13. #13
    Junior Member BLWN 231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9

    Black
    98 GTP

    Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't YOU (jacobyb) the moron who posted that video?!?

  14. #14
    That video of the one going 11.3 is not stock.

  15. #15
    Member Redegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    281

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

    Here's one that might make you feel a little better. It's me against a black E55. She only ran a 12.7@109MPH:


    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...730156f72a.htm

  16. #16
    SOoo what happened to this race that was suppose to happen

  17. #17
    Stangfreak91
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    Obviously the moron that posted the video does not know what he is talking about when it comes to supercharged Benz's. Here are some others so you can all get it through your head that this car turns mid to low 12's right off the showroom floor.

    E55 with drag radials against modded Cobra
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8f2b825f3c.htm

    Stock running 12.07
    http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...2f0446757a.htm

    I'm not dissing the F-body. The Benz is a $90K car that gets the job done. It has the most sophisticated traction control on the planet that allows a perfect launch every single time. the new cars have a 7 speed auto that shifts so fast you can't even notice the shift.
    The Cobra is said to have a 2.93 pulley? If so he's using the stock cover and no idler pulley so belt slip would be god awful. I think it's a stock pulley cobra in which case explain why he got handed. Taking nothing away from the impressive E55 which cost 3 times as much.

    nice vid

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Folsom,CA
    Posts
    109

    Black
    2002 Trans am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    SOoo what happened to this race that was suppose to happen
    well i went down there, 2 hour drive.. to meet up with my gf's dad and have dinner, (and race) but it HAD to rain that one day i was down there so there was a no go.. but im gonna be going back eventually and he said it will give me time to upgrade lol

  19. #19
    Member jacobyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Age
    42
    Posts
    295

    Impulse Blue Matallic
    2005 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by BLWN 231 View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't YOU (jacobyb) the moron who posted that video?!?
    I was refering to the guy that posted it on Streetfire. He claimed it was an N/A car and it obviously is not.

  20. #20
    Junior Member BLWN 231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    29
    Posts
    9

    Black
    98 GTP

    Quote Originally Posted by jacobyb View Post
    I was refering to the guy that posted it on Streetfire. He claimed it was an N/A car and it obviously is not.
    i know, but i saw an opportunity to harrass someone, so i jumped on it. just givin you a hard way to go, thats all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jalopy Showdown
    By pajeff02 in forum Classic Muscle
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 10:06 AM
  2. Ok vs Tx showdown!
    By NoscamaroSS in forum Texas Members
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
  3. ultimate showdown......... j.k.
    By LT1 > LS1 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 01:50 PM
  4. Hick Truck Showdown
    By hutch1999 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
  5. Best Showdown Ever
    By 35thAnniZ28 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 10:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •