Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SC S2000 vs. 99 SS

This is a discussion on SC S2000 vs. 99 SS within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; No wonder why you don't see many people drive em, & mostly business men when u do. What made these ...

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

No wonder why you don't see many people drive em, & mostly business men when u do. What made these cars $30k? Was there some feature they have that I'm just not seeing? I mean, at least w/ a '90's Supra I know their stock bottom end can take 1000hp, but an S2K just doesn't seem to have anything on it's side...

I dont know why people bother modding those things. They are so slow. He dropped probably 5-6k and he couldnt even beat a stock LS1! Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    I dont know why people bother modding those things. They are so slow. He dropped probably 5-6k and he couldnt even beat a stock LS1! Pathetic!
    Much more then that. S2000s are not about straight line speed they are about looks and handling. I'll bet if I took his car to a track day at summit I'd turn some pretty good lap times in his car. It handles like a shifter kart. Still I'd rather have a z06.

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Much more then that. S2000s are not about straight line speed they are about looks and handling. I'll bet if I took his car to a track day at summit I'd turn some pretty good lap times in his car. It handles like a shifter kart. Still I'd rather have a z06.

Yeah I know they are not made for straightline but a lot of people driving them sure they think are. I think they are good looking cars and I like how they are RWD. They are nasty on the auto-x course!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Yeah I know they are not made for straightline but a lot of people driving them sure they think are. I think they are good looking cars and I like how they are RWD. They are nasty on the auto-x course!
    Yea, I really like how the Mazda RX-8's look, but well, you know the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Yea, I really like how the Mazda RX-8's look, but well, you know the rest...
    Yeah its a shame they dont put some muscle in those cars. I think they are very nice looking, but the import companies keep putting weak, torqueless motors in them. The RX-8 is a disgrace. For christ sake, the 1993 RX-7 had more power... can you imagine the C7 2009 Corvettes coming with 375hp Off topic sorry!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Supras bottom ends cant take 1000 hp lol they arent even forged internals. The stock supra bottom end can handle 500-600hp i know I partially own a 1987 supra with my friend i have already gone through 1 motor lol. At 430rwhp so probably 500 or so out of the motor.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Im wondering what happened to the days when Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota used to put out the monsters. Now its Mitsubishi with the Evo (Sorry 3000gt failed) and Subaru and the STI. Mazda has their slow speed edition cars, nissan has....nothing? and Toyota...Celica maybe? I want a rebirth of the RX-7. Boost the RX8 give it some balls make a name for yourself! Nissan!! MAN!! 300ZX TT was the shit!! now its been reduced to a bubble. Toyota. The God of imports had the Supra....and now it has the Hybrid Camry. Come on! Im getting pissed now. Just like GM halting F-bodys.

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Im wondering what happened to the days when Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota used to put out the monsters. Now its Mitsubishi with the Evo (Sorry 3000gt failed) and Subaru and the STI. Mazda has their slow speed edition cars, nissan has....nothing? and Toyota...Celica maybe? I want a rebirth of the RX-7. Boost the RX8 give it some balls make a name for yourself! Nissan!! MAN!! 300ZX TT was the shit!! now its been reduced to a bubble. Toyota. The God of imports had the Supra....and now it has the Hybrid Camry. Come on! Im getting pissed now. Just like GM halting F-bodys.

Yeah but hey, the Camaro is coming back and GM did produce the GTO, they still have the Vette! Also, the GX8 that is coming is pretty awesome IMO. Its a 4 door RWD awesome looking vehicle, dont know if many have seen it - it was on last month's Motor Trend I believe. The import companies Ive lost hope in. The only new import I ever liked was the EVO and even that to be honest is underpowered for the day and age. Nothing a couple cheap mods cant fix but whatever.

Really? I heard they really suck at auto cross because they have no torque and it's all low speed.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

They are coming out with a new RX-7 supposed to be a 3 rotor twin turbo motor. Alot of power. 2009 i think

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I doubt it will be the 7, maybe the RX9. Yeah EE im with you tho on the power thing. There are family cars that can whomp the shit out of lots of cars. Why did GM stop building Goats again?

I doubt it will be the 7, maybe the RX9. Yeah EE im with you tho on the power thing. There are family cars that can whomp the shit out of lots of cars. Why did GM stop building Goats again?
    Because they look like a Grand Am on steriods. If they had bothered to redesign the car maybe take a cue from Ford and make it look like say a 69 GTO with hideways they couldn't make enough of them. As it is now they are making commercials telling folks they still have them even though they stopped producing them some time ago.

Mazda can make whatever rotary car they want the engines don't last and they get crappy gas mileage. Guys are averaging 17mpg in a car that only goes 0-60 in 6.5 seconds! The RX7s were even worse 14mpg and you'd be lucky to get 35k miles out of a motor. Race it and you'd be lucky to get more then 10k out of it, but they were fast and fun to drive.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

About the S2K's tho. That car is nice to drive around town in. Its nice for a cruise. Its a killer track car. Strait line...not much going for it, but guys are putting these Lovefab turbo kits on them. 400whp on those cars...little rockets.

About the S2K's tho. That car is nice to drive around town in. Its nice for a cruise. Its a killer track car. Strait line...not much going for it, but guys are putting these Lovefab turbo kits on them. 400whp on those cars...little rockets.
    Yeah my friend wants a turbo but VA is cracking down on emissions and if your car didn't come with one they won't pass it. It's a great road course car and I like driving his it's just too damn small for me i'm 6'3" and i feel trapped in it. I would never own one for that reason, but it's a nice car for what it is. Compare it to it's rivals Porsche boxster, z4 and a miata if you can call that a comparison. I think in that class it's the best of the bunch. You still couldn't buy a boxster for what my friend has in his and we've blown away an s type in his car. They hate it! I'll bet they hate even more when I match up with one!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Supras bottom ends cant take 1000 hp lol they arent even forged internals. The stock supra bottom end can handle 500-600hp i know I partially own a 1987 supra with my friend i have already gone through 1 motor lol. At 430rwhp so probably 500 or so out of the motor.
    I said "90's Supra's" if there is any difference in the motors 1st of all, 2nd of all, I dunno what your friend did to it, but I've seen my share take alot more than that man... Not tryin to start something, I'm just talkin about what I've seen w/ my own two eyes man.
    Last edited by MikeSomething; 05-11-2007 at 04:34 PM.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

Here is HIS version of this race:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=488408

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

We are talking about different motors but the only difference between the 2jz amd the 1jz is the 1jz is a 2.5L and the 2jz is a 3.0L, i know a guy who has a 1000rwhp 95 supra and he has forged internals because they cant take it otherwise, and waht we did was spin a bearing. Then we said fuck it and ran the car trying to really break it cause the motor was under warrenty and we blew our turbo. Eh, it was time for a bigger one anyway. We got a new motor from there company and we are in the middle of replacing the crank, rods and piston with forged and my friend just paid for a turbo capable of 800hp so lets see what happens.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Give me 11k and and i'm getting a stroker with money to spare on headers, ory, clutch and a tune. Easily into the 11s.
    11K should get you into the low 10's high 9's without a motor swap. I just spent like 7 and theoretically should be somewhere in the 10's when I get it all bolted on and most of what I spent was on trans/rearend/etc. Only power adders were LS6/headers/cam/valvetrain/nitrous.

silver
    2004 LS-1 GTO, 2007 335I

There are several 400+ whp turbo s2000's in the NYC area.

An s2000 with a super/charger kit ($5300 new easy install) is in the low 13's

Up the boost with a smaller pully and high 12's

A turbo kit with about 7 to 8 pounds of boost has them in the high 12's

up the boost and the times drop.

The s2000 is all about handeling. About 6 years ago a car and driver editor raced an s2000 in a class that had mustangs and firebirds and camaros. Even though the car is a second slower in the quater mile in a straight line he was in the middle of the pack in several races. Fun Car. Lack of TQ is annoying. But on a really twisty back road keeping the rpms between 6k and 9k is amazing. Plus has a top speed of around 155 mph from the factory and it will go there willingly.

I sold mine....LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information