Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

SC S2000 vs. 99 SS

This is a discussion on SC S2000 vs. 99 SS within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Just curious here what you guys think. I'm racing a friend at work today he has a 4.56 geared, full ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654

    SC S2000 vs. 99 SS

    Just curious here what you guys think. I'm racing a friend at work today he has a 4.56 geared, full exhaust and supercharged S2000. He says he is at around 300-310rwhp. I have 99 M6 vert with SLP catback and lid so it's relatively stock. I've driven his car and it's pretty fast just takes a bit to get going. We are going from a 10mph roll up to 80. He can't drive very well but from 10-80 he doesn't need too. I think his car may be a tick faster through the 1/4 but I'm hoping I can pull him pretty hard from the start and maintain it. I was trying to wait till I get my 4.10s but he wants to see now. So far I haven't had a honda beat me yet but my day could be coming. I think it will be very close.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    should be a good race....my opinion/guess is he'll beat ya but a lil but go for it and have some fun.....a 10 roll dosnt sound very well suited for him though.....u would think he would want to race from where his vtec kicks in in 1st or near there...6k rpms...prolly 30mph.......go for it and let us know the outcome ...and remember your racing a 32k car with prolly 10k in mods..he coulda bought a used z06 and thrown a magnusson blower in it for that..hehe

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654
    He wanted a 30mph roll I told him no way I want a 10mph roll to make it fair. He's a lot lighter then me. Yeah he paid a little over 30k for the car and now has well over 15k in it. I tried to talk him into a Z06 when he bought but he just had to have it. It's a nice car just too much money to make it go fast. He just stopped by and said he wants to head out around 6pm so provided we can find a good spot it's on. Once I put the 410s in he's toast and he knows it that's why we are going now.

  4. #4
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    I think a 10 roll would probably be the best for the both of you. Neither should have the advantage. He's still got the weight advantage and will have less to get moving and you'll still be in take off range. Let us know.

    by the way I'm in love with the dream of a dark pewter s2000 with an ls1 in it... ignore me... I saw one on streetfire a while back. I will have one and it will be a beast!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654
    Move it to the kill section just took him by half a car.

    We did 3 races from 10-80 first one was dead even till second gear then I started pulling away. 2nd one I pulled him right away but blew 3rd but had him by almost a car. Last race he jumped me but once i hit 3rd I had caught him. His car was much faster out of the gate then I thought and mine was much faster up top then I thought. He's getting ready to put another 2k in with pulley's a tune and some other odds and ends. I'm spending 1/4 of that on 4.10s and I'll bet I pull him even harder next time. I'm so glad I bought the camaro instead of a WRX I can't even believe I considered it. Nice to be back in good old american muscle.

  6. #6
    Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    21,719

    My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

    Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Move it to the kill section just took him by half a car.

    We did 3 races from 10-80 first one was dead even till second gear then I started pulling away. 2nd one I pulled him right away but blew 3rd but had him by almost a car. Last race he jumped me but once i hit 3rd I had caught him. His car was much faster out of the gate then I thought and mine was much faster up top then I thought. He's getting ready to put another 2k in with pulley's a tune and some other odds and ends. I'm spending 1/4 of that on 4.10s and I'll bet I pull him even harder next time. I'm so glad I bought the camaro instead of a WRX I can't even believe I considered it. Nice to be back in good old american muscle.
    HA! that last statement was golden nice kill, bro!

  7. #7
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    dude, race him next time from 40 to 130 or so. u'll definitely pull more cars on him. good job killing an import that's almost 4 times more expensive than ur car

  8. #8
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    There was some kid in a S2000 he had exhaust and a intake he thought he could take me God was he wrong.

  9. #9
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    My friend had an almost identical setup to the guy you are racing. He ran 12.70's@113mph. He was getting 3.0 60's because he was just babying the shit out of it trying to keep from blowing the rear end. Interesting results...

  10. #10
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Hey the kids said the guy was a bad driver lol. Looks liek he was really bad, he is right though 310rwhp is alot different then 310 rwhp on our cars with just 240 at the crank those cars can run mid 14s. He should have won.

  11. #11
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Hey the kids said the guy was a bad driver lol. Looks liek he was really bad, he is right though 310rwhp is alot different then 310 rwhp on our cars with just 240 at the crank those cars can run mid 14s. He should have won.
    I agree
    They run 13.9@101 BONE STOCK. With 100whp more he should have won indeed, that is a 110+ trap speed and 12's easily.

  12. #12
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    yea i agree to that. if i had a lightweight supercharged 4 popper, i would expect to beat a stock ls1.
    I think it's funny how the s2000 is the nicest car by honda (besides acura) and is the only one with rwd. wouldn't the ricers understand that fwd is pretty much only for traction purposes?? most "fast" cars are rwd, why don't they fucking get it??

  13. #13
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    Rear wheel drive is fast than anything if you can control the power lol.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    rochester,ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,667

    pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

    NICE kill!!..he must of felt like shit getting beat by a near stock fbody after pissing away 15k into his s2k...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654
    I find it hard to believe an SC S2000 ran 12.70 with a 3.0 60ft time. I mean I can walk that fast Sure he wasn't on the bottle?

    He has a few more mods then I thought too lightened flywheel and VFAC controller (lowers rpm the VTEC kicks in). He drove pretty well heck I was the one that had a little trouble with 3rd on the second run. I'm not liking the shifter much but I've only had the car a week too. I honestly thought he'd take me by a little bit I was surprised at how well I did against him. The guys that tune his car say he should be in the low 13 to high 12 range they are just not straight line cars. So I figured it would be close. They will not run high 13s stock no way. I'm not a kid either and have almost a dozen years of racing experience so I think that had something to do with it despite my 3rd gear mishap i'm still pissed over just not like me. Either way some of you could give a guy a little credit! For those of you that did thanks.

  16. #16
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    I find it hard to believe an SC S2000 ran 12.70 with a 3.0 60ft time. I mean I can walk that fast Sure he wasn't on the bottle?

    He has a few more mods then I thought too lightened flywheel and VFAC controller (lowers rpm the VTEC kicks in). He drove pretty well heck I was the one that had a little trouble with 3rd on the second run. I'm not liking the shifter much but I've only had the car a week too. I honestly thought he'd take me by a little bit I was surprised at how well I did against him. The guys that tune his car say he should be in the low 13 to high 12 range they are just not straight line cars. So I figured it would be close. They will not run high 13s stock no way. I'm not a kid either and have almost a dozen years of racing experience so I think that had something to do with it despite my 3rd gear mishap i'm still pissed over just not like me. Either way some of you could give a guy a little credit! For those of you that did thanks.
    I have no idea what boost he was running but his trap was 113-114.

  17. #17
    Member stanger88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    298

    Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

    PS. On the S2000 forum there are a few guys in the mid 13's@105ish with just a tune and bolt-ons. It's a neat little car.

  18. #18
    Senior Member slims00ls1z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,212

    2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

    I would have definately thought a 310 rwhp car thats way lighter woulda won. Even starting that low the SC woulda helped out alot before the vtec kicked in. But now I know, heh With my current mods I wanna run one now especially from a dig.

  19. #19
    408 ci + 4000 stall = fun lancesT/A's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Abilene Texas
    Age
    33
    Posts
    345

    red
    2002 SS

    how much torque is he pushing cause it is possible that he is only pushing like 220 ft lbs or something like that and from 10 to 80 that is his enemy, torque is definetly your friend in the short races like the 1/4 mile

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    654
    It has no torque at all something in the 240 range I believe. I figured the weight and that power would have pulled on me a bit. I did think my torque would help even it out a bit just not as much as it did.

    It would have to be quite a tune with just your average bolt ons to get an s2000 into the mid 13s. Those car runs 14.2-14.4 in magazine tests with pros behind the wheel. They are a bitch to launch I'm sure drag radials would help but i'd be afraid to hook up in one and tear out the rear end. I really like them it's definitely a neat little car just too small for me and way too expensive to get them to move. Think about how much money my friend has in his car easily 15k including wheels and suspension at least 11k in motor parts all for what a 100 to 120rwhp? Give me 11k and and i'm getting a stroker with money to spare on headers, ory, clutch and a tune. Easily into the 11s.

    Once I get my 4.10s i'm racing his buddy in a hopped up 2001 s4. I"ve already beat a stock one bad so it should be a good race. Nothing better then smoking some dude who has more in his car then you paid for yours!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. First kill! S2000 in my 3.4l!!
    By Tealcamaro in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-04-2012, 12:22 AM
  2. Honda s2000
    By Colby in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 05:49 PM
  3. Bash the S2000
    By JwMonE99 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
  4. ws.666 vs s2000
    By third_shift|studios in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 05:50 PM
  5. GTO vs. S2000 vs. 04 GT
    By Dow04GTO in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 07:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •