Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    02' SS

RX8 Embarrassment

Before I left for spring break the other day, I stopped by the dealership where I just bought my 02' SS to pick up the registration sticker. I noticed a couple of guys looking at an RX8. Silver... nice looking car. The salesman told me that the guy had just bought the car. On my way out, the guy acknowledged MY car as SLOW. I didnt think anything of it. I pulled out and headed towards the interstate and when I hit the ramp and looked in my rear view... there he was!! He apparntley wanted to race pretty bad. I really didn't feel like changing this guys mind about the car on his first day, so when he pulled up next to me I declined. He punched it anyway and I just watched. I knew it would be nasty if I raced him. He slowed down and drifted all the way back, the passenger flipped me off and at that point I decided that it really didnt matter if he liked the car or not, so I told him he was number one as well. We hit at about a 50 roll and I had numerous lenths on him by 110 and he took the next exit... I just know he was thinking, damn I should have bought that camaro. Not a great race, and maybe he didnt know just how to drive it yet, but still. A kills a kill

Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

That guy is an idiot for saying your car is "SLOW"...those RX-8s don't have any power to compete with an SS Camaro. I'm sure he has more respect for American Muscle after that experience!! I wish I was there to witness it.

NBM
    '00 Z28

What a moron! My buddy had an RX8. I kid you not, the first time he rode in my Z28 he looked at me and said, "I'm trading my Mazda in." He traded it in on a pretty well built '01 Mustang GT. He's not hard to spot, he's the guy wearing a Colgate smile everytime he gets out of his car.

You can't beat American Muscle cars!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

lol @ colgate smile.

nice bitch slapping

Funny stuff man. I cant believe someone could even think the RX8 is remotely quick. Its incredibly slow. I just saw a dyno of one with a TURBO KIT putting down 250whp Thats horiffic. I had a chick with a guy in the passenger seat tryin to mess with me the other day in traffic... even if my car was stock Id rape it, why would they bother?

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    why would they bother?
    Because people believe what they see in car commercials. Thats why everyone with a Hemi thinks they are the baddest thing on the road, SRT8s not included.

Quote Originally Posted by s197
    Because people believe what they see in car commercials. Thats why everyone with a Hemi thinks they are the baddest thing on the road, SRT8s not included.

I gotcha, but still, RX8 has 250HP...

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Actually There Was A Scandal A Lil Back Because There Was A Line Of Mazda Cars Like The Rx8, The 6, And Miata Being Way Overated In Power

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Doesn't the auto have something like 198 or something like that? Anyway, you see a ZOOM ZOOM commercial and think you can beat anything.

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

Not much torque though.

Quote Originally Posted by s197
    Not much torque though.
    I know. The manuals have 238HP/164TQ. The Autos have 197HP (unsure on TQ).

Yes to whoever said they were overrated. When they came out Mazda claimed 255hp only to later downgrade that rating 238hp which is more accurate. They dyno 170-180whp STOCK.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    I know. The manuals have 238HP/164TQ. The Autos have 197HP (unsure on TQ).

Yes to whoever said they were overrated. When they came out Mazda claimed 255hp only to later downgrade that rating 238hp which is more accurate. They dyno 170-180whp STOCK.
    YUP THAT WAS ME

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

na, that dude was proably thinking that you werent stock and had a supercharger with 100 shot of nos

lol

good kill man, was the RX8 brand new, cause isnt there a break in period????

what kind of dumbass would beat the shit outa a new car on the first day

Black
    02' SS

I think it was a 04' and it had a couple of mods. The guys were pretty young and I'm sure they saw the zoom zoom commerical... haha. Anyways, he had it coming, I didnt wanna embarrass him like that but oh well.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Damn kids. They just don't know any better. I guess that's what happens when dad's are too busy spending late nights at the "office" and mom raises them. The kid may not know what a fast car is, but I bet he could make a hell of a casserole.

Yeah, the RX-8 is kind of an embarrasment compared to its previous sibling the RX-7. When they first came out I remember thinking how cool they looked and that they looked fast. After reading several automotive magazines about performance I soon became depressed. However I must admit that a N/A 1.3L spitting out 238HP is impressive. (even if it is rotory)
    Nice kill, and props to the restraint you showed in holding back with immediatly destroying them.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

A buddy of mine has an RX8 turbo'd and tuned and still cant hang with a stock GTO. He says he'll have to put a few more grand into it to be able to almost beat me. Doesnt make any sense to spend $28k on an import just to put another $10k into it to make it almost as fast a a stock $30k American car.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

no it doesnt make any sense at all

i'll never understand it, its like people are afraid of buying V8 power

all my friends are wanting fast cars, and i'm tellin them the way to go is V8 because there is soo much cheap potential , nope they want their turbos

what ever i'll just keep spanking them STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    no it doesnt make any sense at all

i'll never understand it, its like people are afraid of buying V8 power

all my friends are wanting fast cars, and i'm tellin them the way to go is V8 because there is soo much cheap potential , nope they want their turbos

what ever i'll just keep spanking them STOCK
    Well buying a car that is stock turbo'd isnt a bad idea. However, buying something that is not (unless its a V8) IS a bad idea.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

It's a shame about the RX8's... I actually like the sporty body styles...I hope when the new Supra's come out that they aren't garbage as well...

Thread Information