Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Rockingham 11-25

I was at the rock tonight, i had a lot of fun. Many fbodys were there along with stangs, and a few other things. I didnt see much rice though. There were so many screw ups, people breaking, spining out, wreaking, ect. I was only able to get 3 runs in. The best was
    60'...1.867
    1/8..8.182
    mph.87.02 mph
    1/4..12.668
    mph.110 mph
    I was very pleased, however i know that my car has much more in it. I know i can get a 1.7 60' if i could drive. Oh well 12.6 is not bad. Was there anyone else there?

RED
    99 Cobra

good times , what mods do you have? My most recent 1/8th mile run was a 7.98@89mph

Blue
    04 Mach 1

php spacer, underdrive pullies, c&l cai, 4.10s, 31 spline axles/carrier, hooker headers, o/r x, single chamber flowmasters, and a custom tune. Also some dr's. What about you?

RED
    99 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang View Post
    php spacer, underdrive pullies, c&l cai, 4.10s, 31 spline axles/carrier, hooker headers, o/r x, single chamber flowmasters, and a custom tune. Also some dr's. What about you?

we have most of the same things, I have BBK longtubes / catted X pipe / Flowmasters ( soon to be gone replaced by SLP LMII ) 4:30's / Mach pulleys / JLT coldair / Steeda Tri-AX and a SCT tune, and running on 295/35-18 BFG Drag radials. I am very happy with it, I have only had it since this past January. When I first got it I took it to Jacksonville NC to Waynes Performance to do a dyno run to see if it had the famous "fix" ......it did, put out 272hp and 290tq BONE STOCK. A procharger is on the way for the first of the year when tax time comes other than that Im pretty much happy with the way it is. Here is a few pics for your viewing......

Exterior mods are Hypercoated FR500's / Smoked HL's / S-281 wing ( as seen in the FIRST PIC ) and a 03 Cobra rear bumper with Black Chrome bumper inserts. The last two pics are about 3 months old, the first one was taken a few weeks ago after I had the new rear parts put on.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

nice looking car man. where in nc are you located? i am right near charlotte.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I like those FR500 wheels. I was gonna get a set of those for my 01 Cobra before I sold it. Wish I would have kept that car, I prolly would have had a 14 lb supercharger on it by now.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

RED
    99 Cobra

nice looking car man. where in nc are you located? i am right near charlotte.
    Thank you sir I am just outside of Wilmington

RED
    99 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I like those FR500 wheels. I was gonna get a set of those for my 01 Cobra before I sold it. Wish I would have kept that car, I prolly would have had a 14 lb supercharger on it by now.
    I like them too, I had bullitts on it but was never very happy with them, and I did not want another set of chrome wheels so I looked for something that had a nice luster / shine but was not going to take away from the rest of the car. I found the Hypercoated ones at Mustang Tuning and fell in love with them, and wound up with 18x9's on the front and 18x10 Deep dish on the rear . The blower has been in my plan for this cobra from the day I got it, I wanted a Terminator but it did not fit into my budget at the time so I settled on this Cobra. It is super clean, has 50k on it, and was virgin stock when I got her. The procharger will be the final touch

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

That Mustang Will Still Be Slow With The Procharger------youd Be Better Off Building The Bottom End 1st--- Max 10 Psi Is Going To Suck When You Get Smoked By A Real Cobra---!!!!!!!!!!!

RED
    99 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by breakparts View Post
    That Mustang Will Still Be Slow With The Procharger------youd Be Better Off Building The Bottom End 1st--- Max 10 Psi Is Going To Suck When You Get Smoked By A Real Cobra---!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I dont call mid 11's slow thats the norm for a REAL driver with a 99-01 Procharged Cobra. And as far as what you call a real cobra I'll take my PAID for un-real Cobra now and be happy with it, rather than having a loan on a REAl cobra ( I assume you mean a Terminator, that cost DOUBLE over what I paid for my 99)

Oh yea, I would build the bottom end but I dont plan on having it more than another year then im selling and getting a " REAL " cobra I would think I can get more out of my 99 than the 13 I paid for it and whatever I get for it will go on that 03-04 TERMINATOR . While im at it,..........I dont think im slow now a 7.98 in the eighth mile in a 3600 pound car with a 281 cube motor with NO POWER adder is pretty quick.......I think
    Last edited by snakebit; 11-28-2006 at 12:22 PM.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

ok, dont buy the terminator then...you can make it have more heat that the terminator...just build what you got....but make sure to do the bottom end...then cram er full of procharger....but all im saying is you wont want to spend all that money for nothing but problems...and you will find problems if you want 11's......on the stock motor....its just enevitable

Blue
    04 Mach 1

ok, dont buy the terminator then...you can make it have more heat that the terminator...just build what you got....but make sure to do the bottom end...then cram er full of procharger....but all im saying is you wont want to spend all that money for nothing but problems...and you will find problems if you want 11's......on the stock motor....its just enevitable
    The ls1 is no different! If you want a lot of power the only way to go in forged. And no 7s out of an na car is not bad at all. Esp. without cams or any engine work. Hell i think my car is pretty quick. I out run a lot of cars, even h/c ls1 in the 1/8 and 1/4. I maybe the driver, but a kill is a kill.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

all the ls1 needs is good forged pistons and some rod bolts.....given that 700rwhp is enuff...thats all it needs to accept a 300 shot

RED
    99 Cobra

I wont have it long enough to run into probs, .....I hope besides when I take it to MPH for my dyno tune Im going to have them go very safe on the tune.

RED
    99 Cobra

The ls1 is no different! If you want a lot of power the only way to go in forged. And no 7s out of an na car is not bad at all. Esp. without cams or any engine work. Hell i think my car is pretty quick. I out run a lot of cars, even h/c ls1 in the 1/8 and 1/4. I maybe the driver, but a kill is a kill.
    Everyone knows the driver is the bottom line on ANY CAR, you could have a Z06 with a piss poor driver and only get 14's out of it. Your time on your Mach is VERY good, if you had a little more gear, like my 4:30's and great weather/track prep im sure you could get 7's out of yours. Im not beating my own chest about my time, I can just flat out driver the hell out of my car. 12 years of exp with the drag strip comes in handy when your trying to get max et's. 11' is a fact of life with a Procharged 99/01 with ANY good driver and the right tune.

ILL SKEET IN YUR EYE

black on black on black
    02 z28

dude ...the only reason his mach 1 beats h/c ls1 cars is because the 10 bolt rear end wont let that much hp off the line good enuff to get good 1/8 mile times....hes only got 315 rwhp and he dosent know why stock rearend f-bods dont launch....IM TELLING HIM NOW.... a head's cam hedders ls1 with balls and a 12 bolt will never get beat by your 315 rwhp mach what, unless HELLEN KELLAR is the danm driver

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Dude, i rolled off with a 425 rwhp ss the other day, he won by a car.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

and that was from a 40 roll till 120

Blue
    04 Mach 1

And besides your argument makes no sense. Stop talking about ifs, you can do it all day and still make no sense. Gay argument if you ask me.

Member A~NICE~CAR~IS~A~NICE~CAR's Avatar

Rally Red/race stripes
    2002 Super Sport

bLAH bLAGH i thought this was an LS1 forum J/k lol but really nice Car SNAKEBIT!

Thread Information