Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Rip 05 Mustang Gt

This is a discussion on Rip 05 Mustang Gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Ric No telling. Could be the altitude??? I know Macon area is closer to sea level... good ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    No telling. Could be the altitude??? I know Macon area is closer to sea level... good grief, I'm typing this from 2018'!

Yeah I am pretty sure it is the difference in altitude. This is why I will be going to silverdollar to run my car in the fall

BigBlockPower
    Quote Originally Posted by ftast1z06
    Mustangs are all slow...
    Nice blanket statement FYI, Not all Mustangs are light bolt-on 4.6s stuck in the 13s.
    Last edited by BigBlockPower; 09-03-2005 at 05:41 AM.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

We know. Some are still in the 14s.

BigBlockPower
    ...and some will make "600 horsepower" look easy.....I've been racing long enough to know that a fast car is a fast car and has nothing to do with the brand or badge on the fender, it also doesn't mean one is superior to the other, or impervious to losing - sometimes called humble pie.
    Last edited by BigBlockPower; 09-03-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Red
    2000 T/A WS6

Exactly. The fastest car in the world won't always be a Mustang, Ferrari, Trans Am, AMC Pacer... there will always be someone faster, no matter what they drive.

Mustangs are all slow... They are making such a big deal about the new ones... I tore the shit out of a new saleen who thought his shit was just next level. Oh and those new Ford GT's what a waste of fucking money just buy a new z06 and youll eat there lunch all day long for 1/4 of the price
    Do you honestly think most people would buy a Ford GT to go out and race it? Regardless which is quicker theres alot of 'vettes out on the street and if I had that kind of money why would I want something everyone else has? I'm not dogging or anything I'm just saying not everyone buys cars to "eat other cars lunch". For example my uncle owns a CTS-V 6 speed, I've driven it and its very fast. But he never gets on it, I asked him why he bought the 400 horspepower model instead of the standard CTS if he's just going to pooch it around, he replied "I like the way it looks." Don't get me wrong Z06's are badass but in you're theory to 1/4 the price why not just buy an LS1 camaro or Trans am for $10k-$20k and put the $25k you saved from not buying a Z06 into it and you'd own 'vettes.

To each their own.
    Last edited by Ninety_1_Notch; 09-06-2005 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlockPower
    ...and some will make "600 horsepower" look easy.....I've been racing long enough to know that a fast car is a fast car and has nothing to do with the brand or badge on the fender, it also doesn't mean one is superior to the other, or impervious to losing - sometimes called humble pie.
    Well said

ftast1z06
    Because I'd rather buy the z06 then put the additional 15k in like I did...(thanks to 21st century, dallas texas) and own 99% of the cars and dont let me forget bikes on the road. If I wanted to buy a fucking slow ass TA Or SS I would have just bought two of them, then saved the extra 15k and bought another one. BORING... Look at the resale value on a TA, mustang or SS... not even smart to compare an f body to a z06 completely different machine, the only thing thats the same is the people who make it... The z06 is way more advanced mechanically to any other factory GM product.

Black
    99 SS

its still a vet buddy. i have seen many more F bods out there that hand Z06's there ass everyday. and where im from i see a hell of a lot more Vetts that i do Fbods!

BETTERBULLITT
    Oh and those new Ford GT's what a waste of fucking money just buy a new z06 and youll eat there lunch all day long for 1/4 of the price

Nope...you won't.... but you can keep thinking that since it is a free country and all..

I think the new Z06 is sweet (at least the engine, performance and especially price, need to see one in person to judge looks)

Also think the Ford GT is sweet as well, it is no comparison in the looks dept. ( I am a Ford guy, so I know I am biased, but IMO the GT will get a lot more attention than the Vette)..

But to say that the Z06 will eat the GT's lunch all day....I think that statement isn't very educated. The cars will be very close on a drag strip or racetrack. I think on the dragstrip the edge would actually be to the GT (which ran 11.2@131mph compared to the Vettes low-mid 11's@127mph, sorry they are mag numbers, but haven't seen either run in person ).. Both awesome.. awesome cars!
    Last edited by BETTERBULLITT; 09-08-2005 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BETTERBULLITT
    Nope...you won't.... but you can keep thinking that since it is a free country and all..

I think the new Z06 is sweet (at least the engine, performance and especially price, need to see one in person to judge looks)

Also think the Ford GT is sweet as well, it is no comparison in the looks dept. ( I am a Ford guy, so I know I am biased, but IMO the GT will get a lot more attention than the Vette)..

But to say that the Z06 will eat the GT's lunch all day....I think that statement isn't very educated. The cars will be very close on a drag strip or racetrack. I think on the dragstrip the edge would actually be to the GT (which ran 131mph compared to the Vettes 127mph, sorry they are mag numbers, but haven't seen either run in person ).. Both awesome.. awesome cars!
    Are you sure. A stock 05 GT 131 in the 1/4 mile. I dont think so. Z06 either.
    I read the gt are high 13,s and the z06 high 12,s ????
    Last edited by skar; 09-07-2005 at 05:08 PM.

Because I'd rather buy the z06 then put the additional 15k in like I did...(thanks to 21st century, dallas texas) and own 99% of the cars and dont let me forget bikes on the road. If I wanted to buy a fucking slow ass TA Or SS I would have just bought two of them, then saved the extra 15k and bought another one. BORING... Look at the resale value on a TA, mustang or SS... not even smart to compare an f body to a z06 completely different machine, the only thing thats the same is the people who make it... The z06 is way more advanced mechanically to any other factory GM product.
    Ok so you're saying this. I bought a Z06 for $45k-ish. Then added another $15k. I'm up to $60k. Then since (according to you) SS's have no resale value lets say I buy one for $16k. That gives me $44k left. So I could either do your suggestion and buy 2 more...or I could invest the $44k into the SS. If that was done the SS could be made to own your Z06 in everyway...for the same amount of money.

I'm just saying, you're talking about a Ford GT being a waste of money because the Z06 would "eat its lunch". Well for even less $ you could make an LS1 or Mustang eat a Z06's lunch. Now it sort of looks like the Z06 is the waste of money in that case. Oh but a Z06 has a higher value then a Mustang or LS1 you say, well guess what a Ford GT has a much higher collector value then a Z06.

Also, I'm sure new GM's with their DOD "displacement on demand" is more mechanically advanced then the Z06, however the Z06 is probably more mechanically advanced performance wise then any other GM vehicle if thats what you mean.
    Last edited by Ninety_1_Notch; 09-07-2005 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skar
    Are you sure. A stock 05 GT 131 in the 1/4 mile. I dont think so. Z06 either.
    I read the gt are high 13,s and the z06 high 12,s ????
    The Ford GT...Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety_1_Notch
    The Ford GT...Click here
    Ahh. A GT 40 not the new Mustang GT (2005) ) Ok I will buy in to that .

Quote Originally Posted by skar
    Ahh. A GT 40 not the new Mustang GT (2005) ) Ok I will buy in to that .
    Are you dense?

GT-40(40 because it is only 40 inches tall)

Ford GT
    not 40 inches tall

Sorry This thread started out by Killing A 05 Mustang GT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information