Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Ricers in the WB talking smack...

Hey guys

Let me start out by saying I work in the "WB", aka the Washington Borough in NJ. I don't know how many of you guys know where this is or have been there, but this place is known for having more "Tyte cars and Type R's" per square mile than just about anywhere else in the world. In other words, its a town full of Honda kids that think they are fast.

So I show up to check my schedule, and I'm not surprised to see a bunch of Honda kids standing out front. I walk over because my buddy was talking to one of them, and the shit talking starts immediately. "Oh look here's the kid with the Trans Am, ect". I'm used to it so I just usually laugh and mumble to myself how much I hate these kids. Anyhow, the one kid starts taking shit about how my car "isn't shit against a motor swapped Honda", so I pretty much told him Hondas suck - they are ugly, sound like shit, and their motors are gutless. He immediately takes this as a challenge to race, and starts calling all his gay Honda friends to come down, and of course they are chilling at the local Dunkin Donuts and Quick Check (where else ), so they show up immediately.

He claims they have a stock bodied, stock interior Honda Civic hatch (bubble as they call them) with a K20 "type r" that will "destroy" my car by buslenghts, my mods are in sig. Apparently it belonged to one of their friends that died, so now "its everyones car". He claims it has 268WHP and that it "destroyed" a Ferarri F50 (). Then this other Honda fag also showed up with a "B16 turbo" who claims he will destroy me. At this point I pretty much say "whatever I don't give a fuck", because I'm tired of listening to B16 this and K20 that, I hate Hondas.

My friend rolls his eyes and says "lets see what would happen if the T/A was as modded as your Civic or had anything close to as much money in it, such as H/C package or Procharger", and these kids STILL claim this K20 Civic would lay waste to it. I asked them in plain english if they thought a H/C 500WHP F-body with a 4K stall and a 4L80 with a 12 bolt could beat this hatch. Their exact words "it would need a rocket strapped to it"

My question is how many of you guys have raced a Honda with a "K20" or "K20r" swapped into it?? Any idea what the outcome would be?? I mean obviously he has a huge weight advantage over me (~1000lbs), but do those motors run as well as their numbers suggest?? Seems to me I've read all too many hyped-up kill stories where some boosted H22 or K series in a hatch lays down money and still gets their ass kicked by a bolt on LS1, even though the stats suggest otherwise.

And finally, if there's anyone on here that lives in the area, give me a hollar, especially if you got some good mods. These kids could use a nice reality check, and we have the local dragstrip (Island) in the next town over thats perfect for settling bets.
    Last edited by Wesman; 06-27-2007 at 07:23 PM.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

'93 S10 LS1

theres a dude out in the midwest with a k20 swapped '96 civic hatch, vid shows him running a 13 but he's got nothing up top

i wouldn't say fast but "quick"

i'm not from jersey but i know what you mean when you "tyte cars and type r's" everywhere, haha

edit: heres the video

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Shea View Post
    theres a dude out in the midwest with a k20 swapped '96 civic hatch, vid shows him running a 13 but he's got nothing up top

i wouldn't say fast but "quick"

i'm not from jersey but i know what you mean when you "tyte cars and type r's" everywhere, haha

edit: heres the video

Good find on the video. So thats a non type-r k20, but its also in a gutted out Civic. This car is a "type r", but its in an otherwise stock "bubble" Civic.

Can't say I'm impressed with the times, 13.1 @ 100MPH?? Thats a joke, I don't even want to know how much is invested in that car

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

hey wes go for it..its der harder for them to put it to the ground and all there power is up top..........i had a crx chase me out of dennys in my 99z ..stickers all over it n shit....asian kids drivin that and other ricey cars........i assumed this car had somthin....we hit the red light immeditly...0-100 or so i had him by a good 4-5 cars..fuck these kids up..and if u lose throw a 150 shot in and challage them again for a grand

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Hey Tony I though you lived in Jersey?? No "k20 type r" would have a change against your 383, thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz
    and if u lose throw a 150 shot in and challage them again for a grand

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey Wesman, i ran a turo'd and intercooled integra hatch and he hung for a little but i defintaly pulled him, especially in the higher speeds. if you guys run from a dig hes gonna need some meats on the front of his car cuz it aint gonna take off for shit if he launches anywhere lower than 4-5000. go for it man. i think you will win, especially with your 4.10s

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman
    My question is how many of you guys have raced a Honda with a "K20" or "K20r" swapped into it?
    Raced a couple on the street with my other LS1 before I sold it. No threat, but then again my old LS1 was very fast though. I'm sure the right one would give my current LS1 a run for it's money, on the street. On the track though I've seen some run unbelievable numbers, the ones that didn't break something off of the line, that is....

pewter

nah i live in roch, ny buddy .....i have however been challanged by a turbo hyndi ( however u spell that korean shit) tiberon a few mths back..friend of a friend......he still hasnt showed..im ready....and i told him however much he wants to run for...fuckin tiberan.what a joke..LOL

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Go ahead and race em, I know a guy down here with a fully gutted CRX i mean gutted all the way, only seat, steering wheel, gagues, and the bare stick and pedals in a CRX. I doubt you can find anything lighter then that, we could literally pick up the car (just 2 pple) and move it anywhere we wanted too. But anyways it had a B16 with a turbo in it, put it up against a stock LS1 camaro, cept for a filter and loudmouth exhaust. LS1 by a 4-5 lengths all day long. K20 would be something more to worry about, but still an LS1 with a few mods could take them easily.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Go ahead and race em, I know a guy down here with a fully gutted CRX i mean gutted all the way, only seat, steering wheel, gagues, and the bare stick and pedals in a CRX. I doubt you can find anything lighter then that, we could literally pick up the car (just 2 pple) and move it anywhere we wanted too. But anyways it had a B16 with a turbo in it, put it up against a stock LS1 camaro, cept for a filter and loudmouth exhaust. LS1 by a 4-5 lengths all day long. K20 would be something more to worry about, but still an LS1 with a few mods could take them easily.
    Yea thats what I'm thinking, seems like the Honda kids can always talk the talk but usually can't walk the walk. They always "fall off the VTEC" or "Can't hook off the line" or some other bullshit excuse.

I asked them what it ran in the 1/4 mile, and it was all silence. It was also funny how when the one kid was calling all his friends to come down, he's like "yea this kid in a Trans Am with a LT1 or something wants to run the K20", and he asked me what engine it was, I told him if you don't know then don't worry about it

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Wait do you have a 98? Why would it have the LT1?
    And if you have the LS1 go ahead and tell them? Ask em"why you want to back down now? Isnt ur K20 faster then the LS1? Or just go ahead and tell them you have a bone stock LT1 lol

pewter

the ricer kids " thought" he had an lt1......wesman knows he has an ls1.......u got lost in that story somwhere didnt ya kid? lol ...now somone confirm what a k20 is......is it an rsx-s motor stock......or is the japan rsx type r motor.....both are 2.0L..but the us version is 200 horse and the japan version is 220 i belive....those high compression motors really arnt even ment for forced induction..ill never understand y those kids TRY to turn there cars into somthing there not.....such a waste with a fwd car...i had tq steer with my 210 horse rsx-s ...210 cuz it had an injen intake..cant imagine what it would of been like with close to 300....be happy with it for what it is isntead of dropping 10k PLUS into it just to make it ALMOST as fast as a bone stock fbody........i bought that car because i wanted somthign reliable/ good gas milage/handled well and it was fun and quick.........u dont buy a lil honda to go take on muscle cars.....its a rediculous thought.....i got bored with it.........saw my lpe 383 on ebay and made a bid that i THOUGHT was to low to reach the reserve....i met it and the rest is history ...LOL

I would not worry about any all motor Honda. A b16 with a turbo kit slapped on it running low boost really wont make much power but if they do it CORRECTLY and put lower CR pistons in there, it can make some good power and be very fast from a roll. Dog from a dig.

I'd give them a go. Unless a civic is running N20 or a ton of boost our cars are good. I raced one a few nights ago not sure which engine he was running but it was a bubble civic with a swap and lots of mods. All I have is a lid an exhaust took him by a car.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Hey Wes, might want to be a little careful.... I was up at island about a month ago. Few dudes were there w/ honda hatchback. 2 black guys in red and green hatchback and a white kid in a black one. On the street I think you would be ok d2 no traction at all. But they were all runnin bro.... The DA was around 3000 and I was runnin about a half second slow. The two dudes in the green and red one's were pretty well into the 13s as I remember correctly and the dude in the black one was runnin 12.9s. They all looked stock cept for the fart can too.... Well, and the DR's up front but i was SHOCKED when I watched them run. Might be part of that clan you're talkin about.......

Come Sept Ill shoot up there and smack em around. I know aint none of em runnin a 12 on the street. But I will.......
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Black
    1998 Z/28

if the honda doesnt have slicks, u are gonna win no matter what is done to it. Im not saying that he would win even with slicks, im just saying that if any of those hondas u are tlakin about dont have slicks, then u are going to win.
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey1987 View Post
    if the honda doesnt have slicks, u are gonna win no matter what is done to it. Im not saying that he would win even with slicks, im just saying that if any of those hondas u are tlakin about dont have slicks, then u are going to win.
    Slicks dont help much from a roll though.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Im 100% sure you would win.
    BTW the K20 was in the honda accord. Which does have a lot of power (for a honda 200 woo woo) but the accord is "too heavy" to race with so thats why they all make a big deal of putting a K20 into a light car.
    I hung out with way too many import guys ...

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Im 100% sure you would win.
    BTW the K20 was in the honda accord. Which does have a lot of power (for a honda 200 woo woo) but the accord is "too heavy" to race with so thats why they all make a big deal of putting a K20 into a light car.
    I hung out with way too many import guys ...
    No, the Accord (4-cylinders) have a K24, which is a 2.4L.

The K20 is found in the Civic Si's and is a 2.0L with 200HP.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    the ricer kids " thought" he had an lt1......wesman knows he has an ls1.......u got lost in that story somwhere didnt ya kid? lol ...now somone confirm what a k20 is......is it an rsx-s motor stock......or is the japan rsx type r motor.....both are 2.0L..but the us version is 200 horse and the japan version is 220 i belive....those high compression motors really arnt even ment for forced induction..ill never understand y those kids TRY to turn there cars into somthing there not.....such a waste with a fwd car...i had tq steer with my 210 horse rsx-s ...210 cuz it had an injen intake..cant imagine what it would of been like with close to 300....be happy with it for what it is isntead of dropping 10k PLUS into it just to make it ALMOST as fast as a bone stock fbody........i bought that car because i wanted somthign reliable/ good gas milage/handled well and it was fun and quick.........u dont buy a lil honda to go take on muscle cars.....its a rediculous thought.....i got bored with it.........saw my lpe 383 on ebay and made a bid that i THOUGHT was to low to reach the reserve....i met it and the rest is history ...LOL
    Thats exactly how I see it. The K20 in the hatch isn't even boosted and doesn't have nitrous, its "all motor". You can only do so much with a naturally aspirated 2.0L, especially on the low end. If the thing is build like thye claim it is, with cams, ect, its going to be a dog until it comes onto the powerband at around 6K RPM. Of course when I said that, they denied it

And there's no doubt in my mind that this car has at least $12K+ invested in it, you don't get a Type R K20 for cheap, or a Honda 6 speed that can hold that much power consistantly (RSX-S trannies 2nd gear always crap out, even stock) or a valvetrain and bottom end setup that can spin to 10,000RPM (or so they claim).

Thread Information