Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ricers in the WB talking smack...

This is a discussion on Ricers in the WB talking smack... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; with your mods it sounds like you are in the 12's -- He could be too, but I doubt he ...

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

with your mods it sounds like you are in the 12's -- He could be too, but I doubt he is in the 12s. A milestone for NA civics is what?? maybe 13.5 -- They dream of 12's like we dream of mid 11s on motor. It can happen but it takes alot of work.

you dont see LS1's swapping to LS7 motors just to compete.. lol..

There was a video a year back or so of one of these bubble stripped hatches with a K20 swap. It raced a stock 2003 EVO from a roll and beat it by a car. So wow, yeah it hardly beat a stock EVO... from a roll... impressed? I think not.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Hey Wes, might want to be a little careful.... I was up at island about a month ago. Few dudes were there w/ honda hatchback. 2 black guys in red and green hatchback and a white kid in a black one. On the street I think you would be ok d2 no traction at all. But they were all runnin bro.... The DA was around 3000 and I was runnin about a half second slow. The two dudes in the green and red one's were pretty well into the 13s as I remember correctly and the dude in the black one was runnin 12.9s. They all looked stock cept for the fart can too.... Well, and the DR's up front but i was SHOCKED when I watched them run. Might be part of that clan you're talkin about.......

Come Sept Ill shoot up there and smack em around. I know aint none of em runnin a 12 on the street. But I will.......
    You are the man, I almost gurantee those guys you saw was them. If you noticed any "Wide Open Performance" or "Modern Image" stickers on the windshields, that would confirm it

Those times sound about right for the cars they are describing, the k20 hatch and the B16 turbo hatch. The K20 was probably the one that hit 12.9, the B16 is probably in the 13's, if they were both using DR's.

I'm hoping to be in the 12.7 range when I go to the track after getting tuned, so I guess we'll see how it turns out.

Shoot me a PM when you come up in September, I'll be sure to meet you there and watch the faces of the Honda kids as they get destroyed

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    There was a video a year back or so of one of these bubble stripped hatches with a K20 swap. It raced a stock 2003 EVO from a roll and beat it by a car. So wow, yeah it hardly beat a stock EVO... from a roll... impressed? I think not.
    I think I saw that vid actually, not very impressive on the Civics part. Like you said, he could barely walk a stock Evo, even though he had a gutted car with a motor swap and a built engine. Pathetic.

You coming up to Island sometime this summer?? These kids also claim this car "destroyed an Evo" (mods unknown, could have been stock), so I think they would be in for a shock if they raced your car in its current state.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I've seen my fare share of fast Honda's around here... the Speedway is basicly Ricer Central... and let's say this... 285whp in a little Civic full interior and a fat man behind the wheel is good for low 13's...with the right tires... that little civic has full weight at like 268?HP... still has less torque then ur lugnuts... and would probably be only fast enough to give a stock LS1 a scare....u should be more then fine a few cars ahead of him relaxing and laughing...

remember the 285whp Civic with the fat man I just mentioned?... well it was a B16 Turbo... he expected low 13's... doesn't mean he was gonna run them so... if I where you... just think of the K20 as a FreeBee... and then impress yourself as you walk past the B16...

have fun... and good luck...*not like you'll need it*
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I think I saw that vid actually, not very impressive on the Civics part. Like you said, he could barely walk a stock Evo, even though he had a gutted car with a motor swap and a built engine. Pathetic.

You coming up to Island sometime this summer?? These kids also claim this car "destroyed an Evo" (mods unknown, could have been stock), so I think they would be in for a shock if they raced your car in its current state.
    Pathetic indeed. I just couldnt believe how psyched those kids were about the whole thing. They acted like they beat Z06 or something.

Didnt have any plans to go to the Island, but I will if it means bitch slapping Honda clowns, I would definitely be up for it.

Black
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983 View Post
    Slicks dont help much from a roll though.
    i didnt know that it was a roll race, i thought it was from a dig. But either way, depending on the speed slicks will still help a fwd car. I drove a friend of mines 97 GST at 18psi and it would spin at atleast 60 mph.
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey1987 View Post
    i didnt know that it was a roll race, i thought it was from a dig. But either way, depending on the speed slicks will still help a fwd car. I drove a friend of mines 97 GST at 18psi and it would spin at atleast 60 mph.

Oh ok, yeah I figured you meant that. Either way, these cars should not be spinning at even 40mph. Remember, all motor Hondas struggle to put down 200ft/lb of torque. The Eclipse is turbo'd so it has a boost hit where it will have max torque. Although, at only 18psi, assuming stock turbo, no way that GST should be spinning at 60mph. Although, stock they do not have an LSD. So that, coupled with crap tires, I guess anything is possible.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Dude at 18psi, if it is a stock turbo its not spinning at 60 lol, unless you have 2 donuts on the front. I have beaten many GSTs and most were moddified pushing atleast 18psi and they still got walked not to mention they break often, i have owned 3 DSM Pieces of shit and blown all of them lol, i ran a 14.4 with my fastest and i was makeing 24psi on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Dude at 18psi, if it is a stock turbo its not spinning at 60 lol, unless you have 2 donuts on the front. I have beaten many GSTs and most were moddified pushing atleast 18psi and they still got walked not to mention they break often, i have owned 3 DSM Pieces of shit and blown all of them lol, i ran a 14.4 with my fastest and i was makeing 24psi on that.

I agree on the tires spinning at 18psi.

I also agree that DSM's are complete peices of sh*t.

I will say though, blowing the MOTOR is 98% most likely caused by faulty tuning, too much boost, etc. The transmissions, well thats another story. It is a must to send that to ShepTrans to make it really work.

14.4 on 24psi on any turbo is horrific. I dont know how you managed that.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Those cars are weak, and its not all about faulyty tunning, the cams are horribly unbalanced. The otehr 2 were due to way too mcuh boost, me and my friends like to play pranks on eachotehr and well the turned up my boost on the manuel controller and my guage was broken so i was running about 26-to 28 psi and that was that on my second. Those cars are weak i have had 5 friedns who owned a talon or gst and all ran about 20-22psi and ran high to low 14s.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 06-28-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Those cars are weak, and its not all about faulyty tunning, the cams are horribly unbalanced. The otehr 2 were due to way too mcuh boost, me and my friends like to play pranks on eachotehr and well the turned up my boost on the manuel controller and my guage was broken so i was running about 26-to 28 psi and that was that on my second.
    The motors are not weak at all. The drivetrains and just about every other part is

The cams were unbalanced? Uh, I think that is just you. Definitely not a problem associated with them. You can go check with that on DSMtuners, DSMTalk, etc. I have had 4 in my family, one of them almost 10 years now. Call any major DSM shop, tell them cams are unbalanced and they will laugh and ask you what the hell you are talking about.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Your just complaining cause you have the same motor with a few things changed lol. I have seen 6 in frotn of my eyes blow and have work on over 10 blown piece of shit DSM motors, maybe we jsut drive harder up here than you guys.

My buddy also had a evo that ran 11 flat, once his motor got over 60k on it that thing went to shit.

Your just complaining cause you have the same motor with a few things changed lol. I have seen 6 in frotn of my eyes blow and have work on over 10 blown piece of shit DSM motors, maybe we jsut drive harder up here than you guys.

My buddy also had a evo that ran 11 flat, once his motor got over 60k on it that thing went to shit.
    Haha Im not complaining, Ive had both. My DSM block had 150k miles on it when I sold it. My EVO has 72,000 miles on it and sees 30psi DAILY. Its been 350whp since it was 2 months old and had 2000 miles on the thing.

The stock block record on the 4G63 on the EVO is 669whp... and its still running. Ive been around these cars way longer than you and the one thing that never goes is the motor. Now Ive seen 100 transmissions break in front of me.. but motors... very rare.

I dont think you guys drive harder up there, I just dont think you guys know what youre doing there. If you did, the motors wouldnt blow. That simple.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

No we know what we are doing its just the are early 90s car that we buy with 150k on them and for like 500-1000 bucks then we jsut boost them to 20+psi. I will admit i like getting cheap cars jsut to beat on them but we have cars that we build right too. Me and my friend share a supra that has been pretty reliable so far, makeing 21psi and about 500rwhp its a 87.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Yeah, they are unreliable if youre an ass clown and try to run 24 psi on a t25 with no fuel mods.

If properly setup they are beasts, there are literally dozens of dsms and dsm powered cars within a ten mile radius of where I live that are low 12 second or faster cars.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Bottom line is you will take them, I am too lazy to go back up and find the post about getting their engines cheap but at www.rimsandthings.com you can get motors, transmissions, ecu ect. ect. pretty cheap for all the imports

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

oh my god. another honda claiming big numbers. who woulda thought?

i really want to go into detail here about why you will slaughter these kids but it just isnt worth it. they suck and theyre slow.

and i really dont wanna hear "o theres this one and it ran a 13.20 and this other one ran a 12.46 bottlefed."

they are all slow. honda's are faggot mobiles.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

He only speaks the Truth.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Anyone else notice how there is no honda trolls on this site anymore? We have everything else on here, but it seems like the honda trolls have vanished.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information