Results 1 to 14 of 14

Random "kill"

This is a discussion on Random "kill" within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; So, in addition to my 400rwhp/400rwtq camaro, I have a '91 nissan 300zx twin turbo. Its about 9:45 and I'm ...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    139

    Black
    2000 Z28

    Random "kill"

    So, in addition to my 400rwhp/400rwtq camaro, I have a '91 nissan 300zx twin turbo.

    Its about 9:45 and I'm on my way to a bar and I'm about to turn onto a highway and I notice as I am coming up to the intersection a car with badges that catch my eye. Its a 3000gt VR4. We both have our windows down and I say nice car, he asks if I'm TT and I say yea. He says he knows a guy that's been looking for one, and I say I'd sell mine.

    Light turns green, we roll onto the hwy, me in the far left, him in the right. We get straight, even out and punch. I pull. We get to a light. From a dig I even smoke him, both off the line and into the higher speeds. (thank you sticky tires) This is a bone stock save catback car btw. Its slower than a stock LS1 car in a straight line... much slower actually as when I bought it, my 'maro was stock. We come to another light, and again... by 100 I've got ~2 lengths on him.

    So the dude with the VR4 follows me where I was going to get my info to pass on to his friend. So today his friend comes by to see my car, and I'm talking about how the engine still runs strong despite 19 yrs and 110k, and mention that its faster than his friend's VR4. He's like "yeah, he normally won't admit to something like that, but he specifically mentioned that you're faster than him, even with the work he has done".

    I don't even consider this my "fast" car. Its HEAVY, and I have it because it handles like a dream (apparently adding 4 wheel steering also adds ~400 lbs... go figure) but its still rewarding to hear.

    Not as rewarding as SPANKING my roommate on his "sportbike" in my camaro, but rewarding nonetheless.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by gashkerwin View Post
    So, in addition to my 400rwhp/400rwtq camaro, I have a '91 nissan 300zx twin turbo.

    Its about 9:45 and I'm on my way to a bar and I'm about to turn onto a highway and I notice as I am coming up to the intersection a car with badges that catch my eye. Its a 3000gt VR4. We both have our windows down and I say nice car, he asks if I'm TT and I say yea. He says he knows a guy that's been looking for one, and I say I'd sell mine.

    Light turns green, we roll onto the hwy, me in the far left, him in the right. We get straight, even out and punch. I pull. We get to a light. From a dig I even smoke him, both off the line and into the higher speeds. (thank you sticky tires) This is a bone stock save catback car btw. Its slower than a stock LS1 car in a straight line... much slower actually as when I bought it, my 'maro was stock. We come to another light, and again... by 100 I've got ~2 lengths on him.

    So the dude with the VR4 follows me where I was going to get my info to pass on to his friend. So today his friend comes by to see my car, and I'm talking about how the engine still runs strong despite 19 yrs and 110k, and mention that its faster than his friend's VR4. He's like "yeah, he normally won't admit to something like that, but he specifically mentioned that you're faster than him, even with the work he has done".

    I don't even consider this my "fast" car. Its HEAVY, and I have it because it handles like a dream (apparently adding 4 wheel steering also adds ~400 lbs... go figure) but its still rewarding to hear.

    Not as rewarding as SPANKING my roommate on his "sportbike" in my camaro, but rewarding nonetheless.
    Here's what your 300ZX needs (disregard the stupid body kit):


  3. #3
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    ^^^^ sweet!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Ive had some experience with the stealth rtt/ 3000gt vr4 and the can easily get deep into the 12s. But they always break, a friend of mine has had 3 twin turbo stealths and 2 or 3 vr4s and he always tells me how great they are. Then I ask him if they are so great why do you keep selling them at the first sign of breaking. He usually just says that they break like all high performance engines but he won't admit that they are crap. It really pisses me off

    He also told my uncles friend that he would take his race car 0-60 because he has AWD. Now mind you my uncles friend has a 7 second 1500hp twin turbo big block 79 formula that does 60fts in 1 second. I argued with him about it for a good hour at a party then i just gave up and said hes a moron.

  5. #5
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Ive had some experience with the stealth rtt/ 3000gt vr4 and the can easily get deep into the 12s. But they always break, a friend of mine has had 3 twin turbo stealths and 2 or 3 vr4s and he always tells me how great they are. Then I ask him if they are so great why do you keep selling them at the first sign of breaking. He usually just says that they break like all high performance engines but he won't admit that they are crap. It really pisses me off

    He also told my uncles friend that he would take his race car 0-60 because he has AWD. Now mind you my uncles friend has a 7 second 1500hp twin turbo big block 79 formula that does 60fts in 1 second. I argued with him about it for a good hour at a party then i just gave up and said hes a moron.
    now that's a true ricer!

  6. #6
    Junior Member InEEdSPEED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winder, GA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    68

    Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

    for some reason while reading this story this is all i could think about...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j5m2FuFC48"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j5m2FuFC48[/ame]

  7. #7
    Carless blkSS98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Eastsound, WA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    410
    [QUOTE=gashkerwin;2148297]
    So the dude with the VR4 follows me where I was going to get my info to pass on to his friend. So today his friend comes by to see my car, and I'm talking about how the engine still runs strong despite 19 yrs and 110k, and mention that its faster than his friend's VR4. He's like "yeah, he normally won't admit to something like that, but he specifically mentioned that you're faster than him, even with the work he has done".
    [QUOTE]

    So let us know if he buys it.
    Last edited by blkSS98; 11-26-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Quote wasn't working

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sleeper101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Springcity
    Posts
    1,152

    Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

    Good kill, as always some guys are cool and others are morons!

    The 300 is a good DD Fun backroad weekend car.

    My buddy had a N/A 300 we always would go down mt roads like Morons lol, But it was a really good balanced car, You could slide it so easy around corners with perfect balance in the steering. It was underpowered. But It nearly matched its handling tho. I believe with alot of power like a ls1 swap it would Oversteer during a drift. Coilovers would help tho. Just my o2 lol

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Posts
    139

    Black
    2000 Z28

    I've got a TT, so I have 4 wheel steering... beaking this car loose is 1) difficult because it has fantastic suspension and good sticky rear tires, and 2) a bad idea because the 4 wheel steering doesn't handle drifting well.

    As for being 'underpowered' again, I have the TT, when new it had 322hp/330 tq, which is pretty close to an LS1. Its a few hundred pounds heavier than a Fbod though, so in a straght line the Fbody should be faster.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gashkerwin View Post
    I've got a TT, so I have 4 wheel steering... beaking this car loose is 1) difficult because it has fantastic suspension and good sticky rear tires, and 2) a bad idea because the 4 wheel steering doesn't handle drifting well.

    As for being 'underpowered' again, I have the TT, when new it had 322hp/330 tq, which is pretty close to an LS1. Its a few hundred pounds heavier than a Fbod though, so in a straght line the Fbody should be faster.
    Eliminate that stupid HICAS system. You don't need it. Then you'll have a car that's more predictable when the tail comes out. I drove a 240SX that had one and it was terrible. I couldn't believe it was designed to make the car handle better... maybe for a moron.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Eliminate that stupid HICAS system. You don't need it. Then you'll have a car that's more predictable when the tail comes out. I drove a 240SX that had one and it was terrible. I couldn't believe it was designed to make the car handle better... maybe for a moron.
    True, anyone who does anything performacne related with 240s and 300s remoce the HICAS. It benefits nothing

  12. #12
    Junior Member stamulp09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8

    http://russian-brides-bes
    stamulp09

    Random "kill"

    Thats the best kinda kill , where you crush the opponents ego before it even axeually starts . the best part is the " friendly " , Ok , I dont wanna play now wave ..77.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by stamulp09 View Post
    Thats the best kinda kill , where you crush the opponents ego before it even axeually starts . the best part is the " friendly " , Ok , I dont wanna play now wave ..77.
    I disagree. The best kind of kill is when your opponent thinks you have a slow shitbox and are 100% confident they are going to win. Then you lay the smackdown and they sit there google-eyed in disbelief in what happened.

  14. #14
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    my buddy had a 300z. his was a junker but he always had dreams for it though. i told him to wait to find a tt and now the one he has is no better than scrap. fortunately he didnt ruin the car all by himself i guess

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Maniacal Thug Tried to "Kill Cops" w/ his Car in NY...
    By wileyCoyote in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 12:02 PM
  2. "kill a friend" website
    By TexasLS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. First "good" kill. Cayman S
    By Stone in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
  4. first "real kill" in the Z
    By Zboner in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 10:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •