Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Ran a supercharged Civic

I went to the track last Saturday and while I was waiting in line at tech there was a guy behind me with a blue civic that had a carbon fiber hood. The driver of the civic got out and we started talking, he popped his hood and rattled off his 300 mods faster than I could say the alphabet, all I remember is some sort of engine swap, race gas, and a supercharger, he was actually a pretty cool guy. We both went through inspection and said good luck. About an hour later test and tune started and I went to the staging lines, well sure enough as I got to the front of the line there was a blue civic with a black hood. The water box guy called us forward and I gave the civic driver a thumbs up. Once we got to the line I gave the tires a quick spin and staged, the tree went green and I out launched the civic, he never caught up. I ran a 13.66 to his 14.65, turns out it was the first race either of us had done at a drag strip. Pretty fun, my mods are: lid, catback, and a built A4 tranny on street tires.
    Last edited by 346ci; 07-12-2008 at 09:05 PM. Reason: forgot to mention tranny

silver
    2002 ws6

Civics Suck

Black
    2002 WS6

14.65 with a supercharger that thing sucks, all that $$ on that for high 14's

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

What were the trap speeds. I can excuse FWD and crappy launching but was he even close in the mph??

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    Civics Suck
    your just anti everything except ls1 arnt you

NBM
    1998 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    What were the trap speeds. I can excuse FWD and crappy launching but was he even close in the mph??

Yea, he trapped 102 if I remeber correctly

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

must have been a D-series swapped civic, they are slow as hell, just dont ever underestimate a B-series swapped civic, if its got a turbo, or a supercharger, or a semi built motor + a lil juice, it would be a damn good run

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by boofthese View Post
    must have been a D-series swapped civic, they are slow as hell, just dont ever underestimate a B-series swapped civic, if its got a turbo, or a supercharger, or a semi built motor + a lil juice, it would be a damn good run
    Not really.

My friend just turbocharged his B18 "bubble". All kinds of GSR parts, B16 VTEC head, GSR trans, the list goes on forever. The best run he could make at the track was 14.1, most runs were high 14's. Trap speeds were pretty high at 114, but his friend in his bolt on LS1 C5 Vette was running 12.5 @ 113, so its really not that impressive for all the money and work he has in it. And then on the last run he tried to do a burnout and it spit a CV axle all over the track.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Not really.

My friend just turbocharged his B18 "bubble". All kinds of GSR parts, B16 VTEC head, GSR trans, the list goes on forever. The best run he could make at the track was 14.1, most runs were high 14's. Trap speeds were pretty high at 114, but his friend in his bolt on LS1 C5 Vette was running 12.5 @ 113, so its really not that impressive for all the money and work he has in it. And then on the last run he tried to do a burnout and it spit a CV axle all over the track.
    Excellent example, very rice.

Dark blue
    1981 Chevrolet Camaro

Nice kill.

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Not really.

then your friend cant drive for shit trust me, i used to be in the honda game, some of those cars are no joke, a cammed forged bottom end b18c with a 100shot will run hard trust me

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

then your friend cant drive for shit trust me, i used to be in the honda game, some of those cars are no joke, a cammed forged bottom end b18c with a 100shot will run hard trust me
    Its called front wheel drive. A light car with FWD makes it damn near impossible to hook on any surface. The times he ran were with drag radials, and he's a plenty capable driver. Its just that making a civic fast is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, its not designed to go fast and never will be.

You can B18 this and B16 that all day, its still a slow weedwacker no matter how you look at it.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

trust me i love my car and all v8 rwd power all ls series motors but what he said is pretty true - i have seen some turbo b18c1 motors that run pretty damn fast. with that being said though, if you put the same amount of money in a ls1 and well.........i think we all know who would win that one

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Its called front wheel drive. A light car with FWD makes it damn near impossible to hook on any surface. The times he ran were with drag radials, and he's a plenty capable driver. Its just that making a civic fast is probably one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, its not designed to go fast and never will be.

You can B18 this and B16 that all day, its still a slow weedwacker no matter how you look at it.
    LOL all the weight is in the front, OVER the tires ? so how does it loose traction that bad ? CAUSE HE CANT DRIVE, im not turning this into a fwd vs rwd debate. You need to get out, and see some fast streetable, NON-RICED out, fwds, i can think of more then a handful that would hand you your ass, and are street drove everyday.

LOL and i love how when people cant argue worth a damn, they throw the "it sounds like a weedwacked" comment in there LOL that line has and will always crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by PittZ28 View Post
    trust me i love my car and all v8 rwd power all ls series motors but what he said is pretty true - i have seen some turbo b18c1 motors that run pretty damn fast. with that being said though, if you put the same amount of money in a ls1 and well.........i think we all know who would win that one
    no replacement for displacement duh LOL

NBM
    98 trans am

arrrg walk the plank

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

LOL all the weight is in the front, OVER the tires ? so how does it loose traction that bad ? ...

LOL and i love how when people cant argue worth a damn, they throw the "it sounds like a weedwacked" comment in there LOL that line has and will always crack me up.

no replacement for displacement duh LOL

Wesman always cracks me up! The problem is when FWD launch the weight is transfered to the rear and the front tires lift up and don't get much traction.

I love it though, all that money to be about as fast as a stock Cobalt SS S/C! Someone did some bad research or was

They call me barney

FUCKING PURPLE
    its an 02-ish something

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Wesman always cracks me up! The problem is when FWD launch the weight is transfered to the rear and the front tires lift up and don't get much traction.

I love it though, all that money to be about as fast as a stock Cobalt SS S/C! Someone did some bad research or was
    STOCK rsx type S vs a stock cobalt SS:

RSX Type S: Injen CAI, DCRH
    Cobalt SS/SC: Test pipe

give me a civic with a b18C swap or a RSX type s over a cobalt ss, any day.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

LOL all the weight is in the front, OVER the tires ? so how does it loose traction that bad ?
    Weight transfer, bottom line. Peaky motors on race gas with gutted interior do not make for very streetable cars. Slicks or DRs wider than the rear tires help, but not much. Get even more extreme with reverse wheelie bars and they still spin 1/2 down the track.

FWD sucks, bottom line.

Yea, the rsx-s needs a more experienced driver to win thats all. Not some idiot who shifts early and drops out of vtec

Them quotes are funny on youtube.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

There is a RSX that has been running at my local track these last few weeks. All I can Say is HOLY shit he makes some power.He had a .70 A/R trim turbo @ 25lbs of boost, 93 octain, Full interior and 24.5x8 inch MT Drag slicks. He Spins WELL past the 300FT marker and has still went 7.20@ 105MPH in the 1/8th mile. He would be a 10 sec car in the 1/4 easy ESP if he hooked. He has pulled 1.6 60FTs spinning.

But like stated before its FWD and you will never hook it. But I was still Impressed.
    Last edited by Sleeper101; 07-19-2008 at 06:52 PM.

Thread Information