Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Ran a SRT-8 300C in the GTP, Ouch!

Caught a black one on the interstate last night, thought I'd share. I was in the Grand Prix too unfortunately but decided to mess with him anyway just too see how fast they are. Damn I got spanked! That big damn boat hauls some ass! All I saw were taillights from a 70mph kick. Wish I was in the Z-28 then it would've been more of a race, guess 265 SC'd horsepower ain't nothing for 425 N/A horsepower!
    Last edited by 98-LS1; 08-31-2006 at 12:46 PM.

Impulse Blue
    2006 Pontiac G.T.O.

oh, I thought it was a video, is your car stock? What does your car run in the 1/4? yeah those cars(SRT-8s)run low-mid 13s on average, give a stock LS-1 all it could handle, but anyway nice run.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 05gtoautoX View Post
    oh, I thought it was a video, is your car stock? What does your car run in the 1/4? yeah those cars(SRT-8s)run low-mid 13s on average, give a stock LS-1 all it could handle, but anyway nice run.
    It's a bone stock 2005 GTP, have no clue on 1/4 mile times. It's the daily driver, gas saver, family car. Wish I was in the camaro but whenever I drive it I never find anything to race, pisses me off to! Thanks

Nah I had the camera in the car so I snapped a pic really quick, I need to buy a digital video camera. That's on my list of stuff to buy in the next year.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn mirror!

haha

Hope you are in the Z next time!

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Good try. A 70mph roll is the bottom of 3rd on those cars and usually not a good mph to start a race. I wonder if your GXP is geared similar?

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Probably, my car pulls hard anywhere below 50mph but on the interstate it has a hard time. My Grand Prix is a big car too though so I'm sure weight and being front wheel drive hurts it.

yellow
    02 Collector Edition TA

Haha time to cam the GP and drop a 3.0 pulley on there, then it would have been a much better race. My GS runs low 13's now and still 30mpg's.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

How much boost can these motors take stock and how much does this eaton put out stock? It's a 2005 model GTP. I was thinking about throwing a CAI set-up on the car cause that factory airbox has to be restrictive. I can't find specs on this 3.8L either, is it a 4-bolt main motor or is it built like a LS series motor while having cast iron block and heads instead of aluminum? I'd like to learn a little more about it before I start throwing mods on, also I have to wait till the warranty expires. Anyone know a site that has really good tech information about the newer model GTP's? I know this car has potential and would be fun to bust ricer ass in a 4 door family car! Thanks

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    How much boost can these motors take stock and how much does this eaton put out stock? It's a 2005 model GTP. I was thinking about throwing a CAI set-up on the car cause that factory airbox has to be restrictive. I can't find specs on this 3.8L either, is it a 4-bolt main motor or is it built like a LS series motor while having cast iron block and heads instead of aluminum? I'd like to learn a little more about it before I start throwing mods on, also I have to wait till the warranty expires. Anyone know a site that has really good tech information about the newer model GTP's? I know this car has potential and would be fun to bust ricer ass in a 4 door family car! Thanks

Definitely throw an intake on it, you will love it. Not only will it give you a nice boost in HP/TQ, but the scream from the Supercharger is awesome

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Do a few mods to the GP and you should be able to keep up, those 300's are heavy cars. If memory serves correctly, when I looked at the Charger SRT-8 the vehicle weight was like 4100+lbs or something like that, add gas and a driver and they are pushin 4500lbs. So they need every bit of that 425hp to move them!

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Definitely throw an intake on it, you will love it. Not only will it give you a nice boost in HP/TQ, but the scream from the Supercharger is awesome
    What kind of intake? I can't find anything for this car other than a pulley from SLP. Could I just throw a pulley and CAI on the car to get more boost without hurting anything? Yeah I'd like to make that supercharger a little louder too, I love that whine! I took the plastic cover with the insulation off the motor so it would run cooler and sound louder.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Jason05GTO View Post
    Do a few mods to the GP and you should be able to keep up, those 300's are heavy cars. If memory serves correctly, when I looked at the Charger SRT-8 the vehicle weight was like 4100+lbs or something like that, add gas and a driver and they are pushin 4500lbs. So they need every bit of that 425hp to move them!
    Intake, exhaust and pulley w/ stock belt, I ran a 14.1 in my GS Regal. You need an extra small pulley, tune and a cam to run low 13s like the guy above mentioned. Then you can run w/ an SRT-8.

Search online - there is a website or two w/ a good selection of stuff for those cars.

Pewter
    2000 Trans am

my sisters fiance has a 2004 gtp with exhaust and intake and msd ignition wires (which really dont matyter) but he said that he could keep up with a mustang gt i dont remeber wat year but i think like the 2000 models he said he lined up next to a 2000 t/a, and a gt he said the t/a smoked him but he ran right next to the mustang g.t.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Those damn cars are my enemy's ! Then again Mopar is my enemy. I owned a SRT-10. The biggest mistake I ever made. The truck overheated on me twice. Then to mention all the Mobil -1 was a nightmare. It's ok if you lost cause your car is going to last longer anyway.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

As long as it lasts and gets good gas mileage I'll be happy with it..

My friend had a GTP and I forget what year it was, but I liked it. It even had a HUD! In any case, they havent really made many advancements within the last decade...

Or am I wrong? 265hp seems to be a constant repeat for that car.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I think they are all about the same as far as HP, mine has the wireless Throttle body and the Eaton 90 series Supercharger. Other than that though I guess there the same, my car doesn't have the HUD but it does have the driver information center with the boost gage. Nice, roomy car and is fun to drive. The handling sucks ass though, feels like a big boat going around corners compared to my camaro.

Hmm, ive been hearing about "wireless throttle" lately.. Whats better about it? Just better throttle responce?

Can you imagine it ever breaking? Hah! Youd never move.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Personally I don't really know the difference, I've only put a couple thousand miles on the car so it's hard to tell. It seems the car adjusts to my driving habits for instance, if I poke around town and drive normal it acts like it looses power when I punch it, like the response isn't there. But if I drive it hard then it becomes more responsive and pulls harder. Yeah I've thought about that, all this computerized stuff on cars these days scares me anyway. I hope it'll never give me problems, if it does then it's going back to the dealership and getting traded for something better. All in all it's a cool family car, get's 30 mpg and rides great. I love the supercharger whine too! Guess that was the major thing that got me to buy it.

green
    1968 Chevy Stepside

Go to these websites and order up parts for horsepower...
    www.zzperformance.com
    www.3800performance.com
    www.wbodystore.com
    Your can makes 260 hp stock, CAI ,downpipe, computer(DHP 1.5)
    3.4 Pulley and super unleaded will give you a new car................

Thread Information