Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

ran a 2010 1ss!

This is a discussion on ran a 2010 1ss! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by najaf4life I killed myself a SS 6-spd... Mods? Tranny? How many lengths...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    I killed myself a SS 6-spd...
    Mods? Tranny? How many lengths

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orleans, IN
    Posts
    153

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Mods? Tranny? How many lengths
    was heading home and saw a brand new Camaro pull out and well low and behold I'm first at the light (two lane on my side) I take off kinda good to catch up... well after a couple of miles trying to get him to race and a spot were isn't to many people we finally are able to get side by side...(starting off right around 50 mph) within a 100yds or so I had someone in front of me but he had no one in front of him... well he punches it and I follow.. he got the jump and I started to reel him in really fast... well I had to slow down because of the car in front of me... I slide in behind him.. hit it again... well not long after have to get out of it... well we finally pass the car in the slow lane... put it to the floor again and at this point he is going into the slow lane and I start pullin him (at this time we are going about 90mph or so) and by time I get out of it I am already going 130mph... and well I had at least two lenghts on him I'm so glad that I finally got to see one on the road right by me and well of course I beat it.... well got some pics of that car after this took place...






    and my mods are Lid, Longtube, off road Y, no cats, flowmaster, 555r's, Transgo, Circle D "3C" and a K&N

  3. #23
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    was heading home and saw a brand new Camaro pull out and well low and behold I'm first at the light (two lane on my side) I take off kinda good to catch up... well after a couple of miles trying to get him to race and a spot were isn't to many people we finally are able to get side by side...(starting off right around 50 mph) within a 100yds or so I had someone in front of me but he had no one in front of him... well he punches it and I follow.. he got the jump and I started to reel him in really fast... well I had to slow down because of the car in front of me... I slide in behind him.. hit it again... well not long after have to get out of it... well we finally pass the car in the slow lane... put it to the floor again and at this point he is going into the slow lane and I start pullin him (at this time we are going about 90mph or so) and by time I get out of it I am already going 130mph... and well I had at least two lenghts on him I'm so glad that I finally got to see one on the road right by me and well of course I beat it.... well got some pics of that car after this took place...

    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size

    and my mods are Lid, Longtube, off road Y, no cats, flowmaster, 555r's, Transgo, Circle D "3C" and a K&N
    nice pics-- and nice kill.... i gotta say i'm not super impressed with the performance of the new camaro--- i expected more of a run than that but i walked it pretty hard

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orleans, IN
    Posts
    153

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nice pics-- and nice kill.... i gotta say i'm not super impressed with the performance of the new camaro--- i expected more of a run than that but i walked it pretty hard
    thanks... I"m not really either... but I do like the look of them... but I have never been inside of one yet... I can't wait to get the cam put in and then find another one oo and if you notice his plates say 2010...

  5. #25
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by najaf4life View Post
    thanks... I"m not really either... but I do like the look of them... but I have never been inside of one yet... I can't wait to get the cam put in and then find another one oo and if you notice his plates say 2010...
    i drove it--- it drives very nice. much nicer all around experience than our cars. just needs more powa.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orleans, IN
    Posts
    153

    Red
    2002 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i drove it--- it drives very nice. much nicer all around experience than our cars. just needs more powa.
    that or go on a diet

  7. #27
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    The dealer i work at has 2 of them and the yellow with the black stripes really looks nice. People give this car too much credit and expect it to stomp on the older LS1 camaro's. The L99 ive seen dyno as low as 310 rwhp or about that but the M6 cars will pull about 350-375 rwhp. What really kills the sale for me is the dealer mark up they have, if someone wants it bad enough they pay the 7k mark up and drive off with it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    The dealer i work at has 2 of them and the yellow with the black stripes really looks nice. People give this car too much credit and expect it to stomp on the older LS1 camaro's. The L99 ive seen dyno as low as 310 rwhp or about that but the M6 cars will pull about 350-375 rwhp. What really kills the sale for me is the dealer mark up they have, if someone wants it bad enough they pay the 7k mark up and drive off with it.
    give that a year and it'll be over.... from what i've seen it'll take a damn good m6 camaro to stomp a proper running ls1 fbody

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    If the manual can dyno 360-370whp stock, then with bolt ons and a tune you would think 380-390whp is possible and with a cam upgrade you could see 440-460whp which would be impressive for cam/supporting mod car.

  10. #30
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    nice pics-- and nice kill.... i gotta say i'm not super impressed with the performance of the new camaro--- i expected more of a run than that but i walked it pretty hard
    but aren't you modded ?

  11. #31
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    but aren't you modded ?
    mild bolt ons yes.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    mild bolt ons yes.
    Well you raced an auto, they put down around 320-330whp, probably about where you are but you weigh a good 400lbs less. I wanna see a bone stock auto ls1 car run a bone stock auto 2010 camaro ss.

  13. #33
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Well you raced an auto, they put down around 320-330whp, probably about where you are but you weigh a good 400lbs less. I wanna see a bone stock auto ls1 car run a bone stock auto 2010 camaro ss.
    i would like to see that too--- i almost give the edge to the ls1 based on what i've seen.

  14. #34
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    i know a guy that ordered an m6 ss... i guess i'll have to race that one before i pass judgement.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Wonder how much a 10 SS would weigh with a live axle swap?

    I was reading some posts on camaro5.com and there is a guy on there with bolt ons and a tune making 400whp and 403wtrq. Thats impressive.

    Then i went to google and put in 2010 camaro ss dyno chart and there are a couple shop dynos posting 370ishwhp baseline and 395-405whp/400-410wtrq with long tubes, catback, intake and tune.

    So the 6 speed ls3 camaro is def a 400whp car with bolt ons and tune. Im willing to bet someone will come out with a head/cam/intake manifold combo that will get this engine into the high 400s for whp.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-14-2009 at 01:02 PM.

  16. #36
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Wonder how much a 10 SS would weigh with a live axle swap?

    I was reading some posts on camaro5.com and there is a guy on there with bolt ons and a tune making 400whp and 403wtrq. Thats impressive.

    Then i went to google and put in 2010 camaro ss dyno chart and there are a couple shop dynos posting 370ishwhp baseline and 395-405whp/400-410wtrq with long tubes, catback, intake and tune.

    So the 6 speed ls3 camaro is def a 400whp car with bolt ons and tune. Im willing to bet someone will come out with a head/cam/intake manifold combo that will get this engine into the high 400s for whp.
    from what i've been reading the stock ls3 heads are pretty fantastic. no need for a head swap they say. just a cam change.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    from what i've been reading the stock ls3 heads are pretty fantastic. no need for a head swap they say. just a cam change.

    Stock ls3 heads are very good but im sure with a bigger cam and supporting mods they still leave power left on the table.

  18. #38
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    from what i've been reading the stock ls3 heads are pretty fantastic. no need for a head swap they say. just a cam change.
    ..the only better is the ls7..i don't know about the ls9 tho

  19. #39
    Senior Member Too Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,170

    Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    i know a guy that ordered an m6 ss... i guess i'll have to race that one before i pass judgement.
    Yes an M6 should be a drivers race for you and the other. BTW, why do you not have your fog lights and DRLs on for the race video? Is it because it would sap too much HP and then you might lose to the SS? Our cars look BADASS with those four front lights on.

  20. #40
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Stock ls3 heads are very good but im sure with a bigger cam and supporting mods they still leave power left on the table.
    there is probably a little room for improvement---- but how much? would you spend 2k for 20hp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Yes an M6 should be a drivers race for you and the other. BTW, why do you not have your fog lights and DRLs on for the race video? Is it because it would sap too much HP and then you might lose to the SS? Our cars look BADASS with those four front lights on.

    i know i should have--- but i was so excited to be running a new ss i couldn't reach the fog light button with my raging boner in the way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 Chevrolet Camaro vs. 2010 Ford Saleen Mustang - Ponycar
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
  2. GM's 2010 Chevy Camaro's For The 2010 Hot Rod Powe
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 02:00 AM
  3. 2011 Mustang V-6 vs 2010 Genesis Coupe vs 2010 Cam
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 09:02 PM
  4. Route 66 2010 Rally May 18 - 22 2010
    By Spieldawg in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 07:01 PM
  5. 2010 Chevy Camaro V6 LT vs 2010 Hyundai Genesis Co
    By trev0006 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •