Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ran an 06 GT

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Ran an 06 GT

So I'm in traffic and a few cars ahead I see the new taillights. I watch till the cars pull apart a little after the light and I catch a glimpse of duals in the streetlights. . .ohhhhh yeah. I follow him a fair distance a few cars back in heavy traffic waiting for an opportunity to get up on him and finally he turns on a large road with hardly any traffic I get up beside him and give him a little jump to see if he's interested, he won't even look over and then takes off once I slow back down. He jumps in front of another car at the ligth to give me a lane beside him and we are still doing about 20 when the light changes and we take off. He's a stick and jumped about 3/4 of a car on me while my auto is downshifting and immediatly I start to pull up beside him. We only run to about 60 and are side by side at that time when the next light reds on us. He's revving it the light changes and this bastard can drive that M5, he's friggin GONE while I'm having more trouble than him taking off in my automatic, I'm a jackass I know. Needless to say, he put about two cars on me and it took till about 100 to reel him back in. Those things run better than you guys talk about, no doubt about it. I pulled him back in, and no doubt if I wasn't an idiot would have pulled him solid, but they can hold their own. He was definitly into the 13s, how deep I don't know, but he was bone stock also. He was a cool guy, it was a good run, I'd really like to get an even shot off the line with one, I don't think we are more than .3-.5 faster than them. Dang, I wrote a book

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You woulda had him if it wasn't for the launch...and I bet he had the "oh shit" face goin on while watching you regain 2 cars on him in his mirror.

1981 g-Body

Nice race, but i doubt he was stock if he had duals...???

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    Nice race, but i doubt he was stock if he had duals...???
    GT's come with dual pipes out the back....

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Nice race man... And your Mods are...?

NBM
    '00 Z28

next time don't fall asleep before the launch.

sounds right for a drivers race - I never hold back anymore either,
    you just never know until you see tail lights
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething
    Nice race man... And your Mods are...?
    lid and exhaust. I put headers on and it's runnin rich as heck, don't know if that hurts or not. I havn't had it tuned and it needs it bad, I never looked in the rearview but its a given that I smoked it up back there

myothercarisaambulance rigdoctormark's Avatar

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

cool race. props

Quicksilver
    good run

baconmach
    can u imagine what hes writn over at 05gt.com lol

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by baconmach
    can u imagine what hes writn over at 05gt.com lol
    Yeah, but it's my own fault for not being able to drive an automatic. . .lol. Another one just moved into the appt two doors down from me. We're supposed to go run and I'm gonna try to take the chick along this time to videotape, so I guess I had better get off the line this time or all over the internet GT guys will be referring to MY video where a GT hung

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

My buddies 05GT with cold air, exhaust, and a tune and it run 13.80's. THey are not that fast. You would have killed him if you would have had a good launch.

baconmach
    ive seen a video with an ls1 and an 05gt beating it lmao.....on some site i cant remember.... i dont know how it happened but from what i remember there was a big stink about it and the kid prob had a big wood telln all his s197 friends....lol....now every s197 is gonna think they can......lol..prob because of one v6 camaro with an ss hood hahaha.........(ive seen a sliver one where i live......)

BigBlockPower
    Good race z, the new GTs are gaining a rep for being able to launch very well, both on the street and track so you gotta be on top of your game in a light to light matchup in a stock or lightly modded F-bod. Word is the GTs also need their engines broke in too and they run much harder and even put down better numbers after they get about 7-10k on them.
    Big D....a modded and tuned GT running 13.80s is either not being run to its full potential or in poor traction because they will run run mid-13s out of the box. They also respond very well to mods and while there is not much power to be made in an exhaust system a CAI and tune will typically throw down another 20 RWHP - so I wouldn't judge the whole based on the performance of a select few.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Iv seen 05gt's run mid 13's all day long on street tries. Stock filter, exhaust and everything. Prety much an even match for a stock LS1.

phatsat67
    My buddys all stock automatic drop top 05 gt with about 3000 miles on it went a 14.1 on its first pass but I don't remember the mph.

00ls1bird
    Guys I traded in my 04gt manual for my 00 trans am auto and there is no way that stock for stock the mustang is on the same level. The 05's only have 10-15 more rwhp. I am just not buying that they can hang with the LS1. Now when you are talking Cobra...thats a different animal.

BigBlockPower
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ls1bird
    Guys I traded in my 04gt manual for my 00 trans am auto and there is no way that stock for stock the mustang is on the same level. The 05's only have 10-15 more rwhp. I am just not buying that they can hang with the LS1. Now when you are talking Cobra...thats a different animal.
    10-15 more RWHP? Maybe you got outta the Mustang scene a little early. The avg 99-04 GT puts out ~230 RWHP....the new 05 3V GTs lay down ~265 and it's a known fact the engines put down even better dyno numbers after a break-in period 5-7k later, your 'guesstimate' is a little off. Stock for stock the LS1 still has the advantage but in a short race (which plays best to the GT) the new '05 will more than "hang" and have been documented running 13.4s in the 1/4 in stock form. Since they were also tuned for 87 octane and the factory A/F ratios are way fat, Ford left alot on the table to be found if the owner is willing to commit to higher fuel grades, and a simple tune on a stock engine can unlock another 10-20 rwhp.

00ls1bird
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlockPower
    10-15 more RWHP? Maybe you got outta the Mustang scene a little early. The avg 99-04 GT puts out ~230 RWHP....the new 05 3V GTs lay down ~265 and it's a known fact the engines put down even better dyno numbers after a break-in period 5-7k later, your 'guesstimate' is a little off. Stock for stock the LS1 still has the advantage but in a short race (which plays best to the GT) the new '05 will more than "hang" and have been documented running 13.4s in the 1/4 in stock form. Since they were also tuned for 87 octane and the factory A/F ratios are way fat, Ford left alot on the table to be found if the owner is willing to commit to higher fuel grades, and a simple tune on a stock engine can unlock another 10-20 rwhp.

In response to some of your statements:
    it's a known fact the engines put down even better dyno numbers after a break-in period 5-7k later,
    Ummmm what car doesn't and...if you run your car on a dyno before you break it in that would be stupid.
    a simple tune on a stock engine can unlock another 10-20 rwhp
    A tune can "unlock" more horsepower on any stock motor and as far as 20hp...ummm dyno please! You must be one of those guys that sell the infamous power chip/resisters on ebay.

Thread Information