Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ran an '03 cobra and an 05 gto

sunday night i was at a local car hangout with some friends when there was talk of a silver 03 cobra with a ported SC, upper&lower pulleys, tuned, chip, gears, 15lbs of boost,etc. that was looking for something to run. i said what the hell, if he shows i'll run him.

well...later that evening i let my friend take my car for a spin and he calls back saying that cobra is behind him. to make a long story short the race is set up and a bunch of us roll out to meet him. turns out to be a real cool guy, he shows me his dyno graph and the numbers are 485 rwhp and 527 rwtq. at this point im thinkin im going to get but i figure what the hell..it will be fun. this is how it went :

race 1: 2nd gear roll. he was alone, i had a passenger. it was real close, i ended up edging him out by a little, he ended up right near my rear fender.

race 2: i started in 2nd again, he in 3rd gear. NOW our cars were dead even, every time we shifted we were right next to one another. we had to stop the race early since there were cars up ahead but we plan on running again soon.
    real cool guy, we each gave one another many props on the cars, he even let me drive the cobra. have to say it impressed me. wicked car

the gto race was later that night against a older hispanic guy that just bought the car. he was goin on about how wicked it was, and how he had 400 to the wheels.needless to say we set a race up with him. i destroyed that thing every time. one run he got a car jump on me and i caught, rolled by him like he was standing still. when we got back to the lot where everyone was meeting he acted all cocky saying he stayed right with me (5 car lengths is right with me i guess) and that he is getting an intake, gears, headers and "will be back for me"

anyway, thats saturday night's events

so with 400rwhp and a passeger, you beat a car with more hp and it weighs about the same without the passenger?

red
    00 camaro ss

hmmmm!! what are your mods?

yup, it was his first run against an fbody so he wasnt sure which gear would be best to go from. my mods are in the sig. any doubts check out jaegermeister2k's runs against big hp cobras on www.need2speed.com i think once he gets more comfortable with his car he will pull me. but thats 485/527 vs 400/366 for ya.
    Last edited by cam02ss; 09-08-2005 at 02:49 PM.

BETTERBULLITT
    Were you racing like 60'? I just can't see how the Cobra lost to you unless the driver was totally incompetent.. The numbers don't add up?? The GTO I can see, since you probably had the hp edge on him, (don't know his mods). But the Cobra should have walked you like you walked the GTO, since he probably had the same HP advantage over you that you had over the GTO...?

CamaroKillZ28
    Im going with no on this one, that cobra would have destroyed you, unless he was a horrible driver, but even then he has enough on you to make up for that

I went to Playboy Mansion FantaZGuy28's Avatar

YJ
    04 GTO M6

It takes all kinds, thats all i have to say. Its like baseball, the yankees could be playing the devil rays and even know the yankees might win 9 out of 10 games that one game where they loose could have been a off or bad day. Same way with cars, well kinda. You all get what im sayin right?

Black
    2000 Trans Am

he has 400hp with 4.10 gears. The gears will rob some hp, but give it the better acceleration. I still think the cobra should have won, due to the amount of extra HP, but it happens. Good kill
    2000 T/A, M6, Black
    laughing gas

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if it woudln't look cheesy as shit, i'd put a huge banner on my car's rear that says "if you can read this, you have lost"

i dont get it either, as i said in the beginning i thought i was going to get smoked. something wasnt right. the 2nd run was dead even but still something didnt add up. maybe if we had been able to keep going he would have pulled away. as far as racing from the dig, he had stock tires on and wouldnt hook up worth a damn.

01vette
    iv seen this happen alot with cobras i donno why but they always seem to be not as fast as they should be with the power they got

Quote Originally Posted by 01vette
    iv seen this happen alot with cobras i donno why but they always seem to be not as fast as they should be with the power they got
    3600 pounds will do that

2000firehawk

Your BS

I have a 2004 Cobra with just exhaust dynoed 413 hp and raced a buddy with his 05 6.0 GTO and we raced from a roll and I got him by 3 cars, then raced a buddies 2000 WS6 with exhaust, convertor, lid and 150 hp of spray and he got me by 1 car his car on the spray was 437hp so I would re-evaluate your story. Now look at these ho numbers and tell me how your numbers are close to your story. I wished I live up there to race you . My cobra lays a smack down on my hawk. Add juice to your car and I think your story is true :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 2000firehawk
    I have a 2004 Cobra with just exhaust dynoed 413 hp and raced a buddy with his 05 6.0 GTO and we raced from a roll and I got him by 3 cars, then raced a buddies 2000 WS6 with exhaust, convertor, lid and 150 hp of spray and he got me by 1 car his car on the spray was 437hp so I would re-evaluate your story. Now look at these ho numbers and tell me how your numbers are close to your story. I wished I live up there to race you . My cobra lays a smack down on my hawk. Add juice to your car and I think your story is true :-)
    Maybe cam02ss and I will bring are cars down and show your cobra a real smack down.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000firehawk
    i'm BS? how is that? i simply started this thread about what happend. never once did i say i thought i would blow his doors off, etc. infact i stated the opposite. maybe he just isn't a good driver? scroll up and click on the need2speed site link i put in there. you'll see that at the time i wasn't the only cam/bolt ons only camaro to run with cobras. i will say it once more for you...the 2nd time we raced we were dead even..he had a better idea of where to start from, etc. if that race had kept going i don't doubt he would have pulled on me.

black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am

Good kill, What mph does your car trap at?
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    AFRs,Cam,Headers,Exhaust,Lid,BGRA,ASP,Vig 3200,Glock 19
    11.55 @ 117mph

i ran my car friday before last right after i got my heads put on. i was getting used to the car again and only had nitto 555r's on the back. even though i heated em up real good i still spun . i ran a 12.4 @ 116, 12.6@116 and 12.5@ 117 mph. I just bought weld draglights hoosiers and skinnies today so i want to get back out there real soon.
    it was a real lousy night. they were using flame throwers to heat the staging area but unless you had real sticky tires forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RGR Pete
    Good kill, What mph does your car trap at?
    just noticed that you'e from md...do you go to capital at all? thats where i was running that friday night.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01vette
    The last couple of times I was at the track, I saw one running mid 13's. Iv'e even seen them run in the 14's. Iv'e also seen some very fast ones though it's hard to tell what is stock and what isn't. It seems like they should be at least high 12's stock. I guess alot can depend on the driver.
    Last edited by Redegal; 11-10-2005 at 06:12 PM.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal
    The last couple of times I was at the track, I saw one running mid 13's. Iv'e even seen them run in the 14's. Iv'e also seen some very fast ones though it's hard to tell what is stock and what isn't. It seems like they should be at least high 12's stock. I guess alot can depend on the driver.
    yea big time. I knew this dude who just bought his cobra. He couldnt get the shifting down at all, kept running low 13s. A better dude drove it, his buddy, and was running mid 12s all night.

Thread Information