Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Raced a TA, GTO, Stang GT, GT500, CBR600

This is a discussion on Raced a TA, GTO, Stang GT, GT500, CBR600 within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Chris Arnold That's not bad twizzted. I'm building a mustang that I hope will be able to ...

Silver
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    That's not bad twizzted.

I'm building a mustang that I hope will be able to run with guys like you. The engine is complete, the cage is in, and I've got the suspension parts in, but I still need to decide on a transmission and a rear-end. I just bought a Spec stage 3+ to use with my Tremec TKO in the mean time. Have you had that clutch? Any problems?

What tranny are you running.... I'm sure it's a T56, but who built it? I haven't decided whether to go manual or auto, but if I go manual, I'm leaning towards a tranzilla or a G-force T56.

If I go auto, I'm probably going to go with a TH400 or a powerglide with a gear vendors OD.

The motor is a SBF 331 Windsor with a dart block, billet internals, and a GT4276 Turbo. Maybe it'll be ready to run ya when I get back from Iraq in December.

Chris
    Sounds like a BADASS set up man. I have never used the Spec 3 but, I have had good luck with a the Spec 4. I had a 5 once and my red car ate through it. The 4's seem to hold better. How they hold depends on two things. How much power are you going to have plus the weight of the car. I am destroying single disks like they are nothing now. I just went and bought a mClEOD STREET/strip twin disk. I am tired of fucking around with the singles.'
    I just took out a Rossler TH400. I gotta say I fucking HATED it. Driving any distance would vibrate the teeth out of your head on the highway. Try 4k @ 70. You could always locate a gear vendor for one I guess and make it an over all great tranny. It just costs $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!LOL
    The T56 is a WAY better choice if you drive your car alot like I do. I have a T56 rebuilds bad boy with micronited gears for that extra smooth action and strength. IMHO real cars have 3 pedals.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Nice, and that's what I keep coming back to. I've never owned an automatic sports car, and I love sticks (that's what she said), but a lot of guys are saying that when you start pushing 800+ rwhp they just won't hold up, and they are not as fast as a well-built auto. Not to mention that with a turbo cars, having a stall and a transbrake helps load up the turbo at the line.

I wish I could have the best of both worlds and have a built auto and T56.... but that would really be a lot of $$$$

Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out, later,

Chris

Silver
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Nice, and that's what I keep coming back to. I've never owned an automatic sports car, and I love sticks (that's what she said), but a lot of guys are saying that when you start pushing 800+ rwhp they just won't hold up, and they are not as fast as a well-built auto. Not to mention that with a turbo cars, having a stall and a transbrake helps load up the turbo at the line.

I wish I could have the best of both worlds and have a built auto and T56.... but that would really be a lot of $$$$

Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out, later,

Chris

I realized once I went TH400 that it would be FASTER DOWN THE 1320. Then once it was all together it was a a bad ass race car. But, I didn't enjoy driving it. Then I realized that I really had my car to enjoy not be the fastest in the 1320. So I pulled it out and went T56. Try it and learn which way you want through 1st hand knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information