blue
    2000 z28

Raced a new Cadillac 2 seater

I was getting on the on ramp to the freeway when i noticed a new Cadillac on my butt,so i jumped on the gas and merged onto the freeway,i saw the Cadillac move to the lane next to me and could hear his motor screaming. I could see the front of his car in my side mirror. I slowed down because a truck was in front of me,he blew past me looking right at me so i couldnt let it be so i changed lanes next to him and jumped on it, i took him by suprise because as i got up next to him,i could here him jump on his gas. I passed him up by a car length and continued to pull away from him. After about a mile he turn signaled for an off ramp so i slowed down to see his expression on his face, he smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I noticed on the back of his Cadillac he had a silver and red badge but couldnt tell what it said, it still had the dealer plates on it i know it was a two seater though.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

XLR-V...... Depends on what year you ran into. New ones are sick fast. Must not have been a new one or you aint stock....... If you didn't hear a whine, it wasn't a new one.

96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

if your stock and and it was a v series he'd push your shit in...... no disrespect though good kill

blue
    2000 z28

No disrespect taken. I dont know what year it was, his motor sounded throaty, but i couldnt hear any whine. All i know is he wasnt happy about it,because i am sure that car cost him 50,000 plus.

Dan95
    whats your mods?

blue
    2000 z28

lt headers, cold air induction,SLP exhaust,Granatelli racing plug wires,cam,and 100 octane fuel @ $7.50 per gallon,programmer which doesnt do a whole lot for hp's but it does change the shifting points.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

New S/C ones retail at 100. Can be had for around 75 though. Old ones were about 60 I think. New one's have got to be sick fast.... I've never seen any numbers on them.

Older one's aint no slouch though either. Pushed out 320 horse I believe, 04-05 I believe. New ones are puttin out some retarded numbers though like 440/420RW. New ones got big ol Vsupercharged plaque down the side of the door though.

blue
    2000 z28

Thanks for the info on the Cadillac impalasspeed96,i was unaware they were so expensive, i thinks i just ruined his day. I did not notice an emblem on the side of his car, but his engine sounded like muscle,unfortunately i did not here his engine long after i put my pedal to the floor and kicked in the Lt's mixed with the SLP loudmouth II's. After i got around the truck that slowed me down i noticed the freeway was clear for several miles so i put the pedal to the floor at 70 mph, after i passed him and he signaled for the offramp, before i slowed down to see his expression i looked down at my speedometer and was doing close to 130 mph I was amazed how fast the LS1's can go from cruising speeds to flat out insanity. I was soooo caught up into the race i did not realize how fast we were going. I would never do this in traffic no matter what type of car it was that was challenging me. It felt awesome especially since i was winning,but i dont think i would do it again on the freeway,not that speed anyways. Thats why i ride a Harley and not a rice rocket.

blue
    2000 z28

Here is some pictures of my Z28, i plan on lowering it to fit the 18's better in the fender well.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

The older LS1 powered ones arent godly quick I beat one on the highway before with just a handful of boltons (lid, bellows, no muffler, and free mods). The newer s/c'd ones you gotta watch but the older ones had the same power as a LS1 Fbody and about the same weight despite being a 2 seater so they werent so special IMO. The one I ran was from like a 50 punch and I had him by like 3 at around 115ish.
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

Monterey Maroon Metalic
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by dparson View Post
    Here is some pictures of my Z28, i plan on lowering it to fit the 18's better in the fender well.
    I wish I could run an XLR. I think they are made in Bowling Green along with the Corvettes. I read about the new ones in my Road & Track (dohc 4.4 Northstar with S/C making 443@6400/414@3900) which is just sick from the showroom floor.

Your car looks awesome! Have you ever tried pulling the bumper insert out just to see how it would look? My sister bought me a billet grille and when I pulled out the insert I really liked the way it looked and wished I pulled it out before. If you don't like it you can always put it back in. Just a thought!
    Last edited by hoss 2000 z-28; 07-26-2007 at 07:20 PM.

blue
    2000 z28

Thanks hoss 2000-z28, i didnt realize i could take the insert out, but after your tip i checked it out and it does look better. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    New S/C ones retail at 100. Can be had for around 75 though. Old ones were about 60 I think. New one's have got to be sick fast.... I've never seen any numbers on them.

Older one's aint no slouch though either. Pushed out 320 horse I believe, 04-05 I believe. New ones are puttin out some retarded numbers though like 440/420RW. New ones got big ol Vsupercharged plaque down the side of the door though.
    Saw one of those out here in Indiana, superchrged down the side, nice

Thread Information