Black
    01 Camaro SS

Raced my buddy in his WS6.....

And got my ass womped too..... 6sp w/ full exhaust, 2001 WS6. I just had the tranny done by the dealer since mine crapped out and they put a new one in. It feels slower and even though I know that his car is faster than my TB, I don't think its that much faster, but maybe. I need to get back down to the track to confirm it. But anyway, we did 3 runs. First was from the light. We had it perfect but a stupid car ripped a Uey in front of us so we could only get to 50. He had a car on me but was still pulling pretty good. Second one I went rippin by him and he couldn't catch up, who cares though, ricer flyby... So I slowed down and we went on three from about 40-90. I'm sure you know how that went.... Give the WS6 about 3 lengths. Next we went from about 30-60. Thing took forever to downshift, WS6-2 lengths. Pretty disappointing for my first run in w/ a LS1 car.....

I told him next time it'll be a run w/ the Impy and things'll be a little closer......
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

thats not bad i didn't know those TB's ran that well, your not stock are you?

Black
    01 Camaro SS

No not stock, but found out today I pretty much am. Apparently when I had the trans redone the dealer wipes the program with a fresh one so all my programming is history. Now I gotta send my ECM back down to my programmer to get spun up again. So Ill have to run him again when the new program gets in. Other than that just a CAI and UD pulley and exhaust. And when i get some damn efans too...... If the asshole on here wouldn't have stole from me I'd already have em..... But yeah, they're pretty neat man. Most AWD's go about 13.9-14.1 stock. 2wd's go anywhere from 13.6-13.8. Not bad for a 5000lb SUV!

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

damn that sucks about your tune and efans have you ever ran an srt-8 cherokee

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Yea, they're sick fast. At the track anyway. The seem to lack on the roll. They're monsters out of the hole though. Stock 1.8 60s....... Just insane. But I'll beat every SRT-8 that wants to race w/ a 20ft boat hooked up though!

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

lol. my wife wants one i told her after she graduates maybe i'll let her get it

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    Yea, they're sick fast. At the track anyway. The seem to lack on the roll. They're monsters out of the hole though. Stock 1.8 60s....... Just insane. But I'll beat every SRT-8 that wants to race w/ a 20ft boat hooked up though!
    not to bad these things need there tunes. i just picked up a 07' tbss black on black for my girlfriend to drive. man that thing is nice!!! but not as fast as the gto!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaSSpeed96 View Post
    No not stock, but found out today I pretty much am. Apparently when I had the trans redone the dealer wipes the program with a fresh one so all my programming is history. Now I gotta send my ECM back down to my programmer to get spun up again. So Ill have to run him again when the new program gets in. Other than that just a CAI and UD pulley and exhaust. And when i get some damn efans too...... If the asshole on here wouldn't have stole from me I'd already have em..... But yeah, they're pretty neat man. Most AWD's go about 13.9-14.1 stock. 2wd's go anywhere from 13.6-13.8. Not bad for a 5000lb SUV!
    Someone on here stole from you? What's the story behind that?

Nice run BTW...I take it by full exhaust the WS6 has long tubes too. Does he have a tune?

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Yea, that dude that had the thread in the FS section. Took from a few guys on here. Prob close to 500 worth in parts. 105 from me for a set of efans. Dude was from Tx and said he was goin through a divorce. MODs just went ahead and closed it though cause idiots kept offerin money for parts even though the thread stated how he blantanlty ripped people off. OH well.....

Long tubes and exhaust. NO tune that I know of. He could drive really well though.

Thread Information