Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Raced a 370Z yesterday

This is a discussion on Raced a 370Z yesterday within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman They aren't even putting down 290HP and they are gutless when it comes to torque. Anyone ...

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    They aren't even putting down 290HP and they are gutless when it comes to torque. Anyone who can drive an F-body will beat a 370Z every time.
    You are completely and utterly wrong. Bookmark it, check back monthly. Fanboism statement at it's finest.

And I guarantee they wouldn't. Ferarri hasn't made a car that ugly in recent history. Not to mention Ferarris sounds very nice, the VQ sounds like a trash compactor. I wouldn't call the 370Z styling excellent by any sense of the word, look at the stupid fangs in the front grille. Tacky rice at best.
    Um, I was referring to the Supra.

I guess you've never sat in a MKIV Supra if you think they are refined, they are not well built cars at all. Especially the interiors, they are a joke. 370Z is a brand new 2009 car, of course its going to be more refined than a 2002 F-body. Thats not a relative comparison.
    I owned one for several years. You are clueless regarding the Supra, or Toyota for that matter.

Neither the Z or the Supra are hardly like sitting in "tin cans". That is like calling Fbodys "rattle traps".

Completely irrelevent comparison. A 370Z is not an F1 car, nor is it anything like an LP460. Its a 20+ year old gutless Nissan V6 thats about as well balanced as a 4 cylinder with a bad misfire. It has no torque because its a small V6, not because its tuned to make 600HP of top end power.
    Completely relevant when you stated torque wins races. It was an ignorant statement. Especially since the 370Z will be running even with LS1s.

How about some sources instead of just hearsay?? F-bodies do plenty well on road circuits with some handling mods.
    Key word, "MODS". SCCA T2 is about as good of a source as you can get.

Here is another: http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/P...ring-rules.pdf

The Fbody is in the PTD class, the Nismo 350Z (not 370Z) is in the PTB class. TWO classes higher. No doubt the 370Z Nismo will be PTA.

Thats because they didn't want Nissan's 6 speed spewed all over the track. Which has happened to many a 350Z owner. Just go on the forums, you'll see how weak their transmissions speeds are.
    Not powershifting is standard testing procedure for all magazines.

Those links are useless. There is NO way to verify that the persons in question had bone stock cars. People can and will post anything on the internet to get attention.
    I could say the same about 12 sec stock Fbodys and 109mph trap speeds.

My car is still pulling hard when I shift into 5th. Cars with lower weighs and lower HP fall off on the top end, its power that keeps you going. Weight matters less the faster you go, hence why the LS1 is so strong on the top end.
    You have no idea how much it falls off once in an OD gear. And what speed forces a shift into 6th?

I don't agree. The new Camaro handles very well stock, with some handling mods and sticky tires I'm sure it would rape the 370Z on a road course. No doubt about it.
    Again, MOD the car so it will "rape" the 370Z. It's too heavy and isn't a good choice for someone looking to track the car at 3800lbs. Better upgrade the brakes too? Think 1st gen. CTS-V a better choice and still a PTC class car.

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    You are completely and utterly wrong. Bookmark it, check back monthly. Fanboism statement at it's finest.

Um, I was referring to the Supra.

I owned one for several years. You are clueless regarding the Supra, or Toyota for that matter.

Neither the Z or the Supra are hardly like sitting in "tin cans". That is like calling Fbodys "rattle traps".

Completely relevant when you stated torque wins races. It was an ignorant statement. Especially since the 370Z will be running even with LS1s.

The Fbody is in the PTD class, the Nismo 350Z (not 370Z) is in the PTB class. TWO classes higher. No doubt the 370Z Nismo will be PTA.

You have no idea how much it falls off once in an OD gear. And what speed forces a shift into 6th?

Again, MOD the car so it will "rape" the 370Z. It's too heavy and isn't a good choice for someone looking to track the car at 3800lbs. Better upgrade the brakes too? Think 1st gen. CTS-V a better choice and still a PTC class car.

1999 mbm Z m6/ forged 346, lt's, wires, ls6 intake, sts rear turbo.

*SOLD*2002 black ws6- <Bolt ons, ls6 heads, mild cam, dyno tune, full susp. and 4.10s> --440rwhp/395rwtq

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Here you go:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/measure.htm

They put down around 230WHP in stock form. Not that fast, try again.

I don't care if you designed and built the Supra. Its by no means a good example of a "refined" vehicle. I've been in plenty of them, you are just blind to the truth because you're a fanboy.

I'll believe that when I see it. Until then its just heresay, like the rest of your post.

Thats why I said WITH MODS. No kidding a 370Z handles better stock for stock. I never mentioned anything about SCCA, some people track their cars WITHOUT being in a club.

Once again, no kidding. Thats my point. People aren't going to be running faster than the mag times because if you powershift it, the trans is going to be all over the road.

Of course you could, but either way nobody cares. Its just as irrelevent.

Well apparently I do because I've had my car up to the top of 5th and into 6th gear. I shift into 5th at 112MPH and into 6th at 155MPH. And before you shit your pants, yes, I have 4.10 gears

Too heavy?? What difference does weight make if the car handles?? Its got fully independent suspension, and puts down very good numbers bone stock. With upgrades and performance summer tires it will easily beat a 370Z.

And then you make an ignorant comment about the brakes?? New Camaros have 4 Piston Brembos at each corner, with 14" rotors up front. It stops from 60MPH in 105ft. 370Z got whooped on by a Mustang GT with regular dual piston calipers, it stops 4 ft shorter from 60MPH than the Z.

I also remember reading a test in Car and Driver where they were comparing braking systems for stopping distance and fade. The 350Z and the Infiniti FX had the worst brakes out of the entire test, they faded so badly that the cars could barely stop after more than one run. Looks like the Z will be the one in need of a brake upgrade.
    Last edited by Wesman; 04-19-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

My girlfriend bitches less than half of you on here

I probably hate you bowtieguy02SS's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by cant.b.caught.z28 View Post
    Click for full size

My girlfriend bitches less than half of you on here

Silver
    2005 Ram Daytona

damn photobucket... what was so bad about that picture?

Red+Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

Nice kill. Good rep of ls1 power. The only people that would ever use a bottle are people that want to go fast.
    I Bought A Chevy Instead of An Import Because I Wanted To Go Fast.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Here you go:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/measure.htm

They put down around 230WHP in stock form. Not that fast, try again.
    Why are you providing a link for NSXs?

I don't care if you designed and built the Supra. Its by no means a good example of a "refined" vehicle. I've been in plenty of them, you are just blind to the truth because you're a fanboy.
    Okay, provide one example of how it was unrefined. It continues to be relevant among new cars today as other quality cars of that era still are. Being a Toyota that is pretty much standard.

I'll believe that when I see it. Until then its just heresay, like the rest of your post.
    I guess the 370Z, with a better power to weight ratio, superior gearing (based on the source I found) and a measured 107mph trap speed in C&D means the LS1 still wins every time? No.

Thats why I said WITH MODS. No kidding a 370Z handles better stock for stock. I never mentioned anything about SCCA, some people track their cars WITHOUT being in a club.

Too heavy?? What difference does weight make if the car handles?? Its got fully independent suspension, and puts down very good numbers bone stock. With upgrades and performance summer tires it will easily beat a 370Z.
    Weight makes a HUGE difference. The Camaro better be lowered with coilovers, wider wheels and DOT track rubber to achieve the numbers the stock 370Z can, and even then the extra 500lbs is still going to affect transitions, the weight distribution is probably worse and the center of gravity will still probably be higher. You can mod any car to handle well but there are fundamental limitations.

Once again, no kidding. Thats my point. People aren't going to be running faster than the mag times because if you powershift it, the trans is going to be all over the road.
    That is the first I've heard of their manual transmissions having problems. Unless you have proof of a trend, sounds like heresay to me.

Well apparently I do because I've had my car up to the top of 5th and into 6th gear. I shift into 5th at 112MPH and into 6th at 155MPH. And before you shit your pants, yes, I have 4.10 gears
    We're talking about stock LS1s so that IS irrelevant. Stock LS1s go into 5th at 134mph with the SLP/SS 17s. If the 16s are shorter, even sooner.

And then you make an ignorant comment about the brakes?? New Camaros have 4 Piston Brembos at each corner, with 14" rotors up front. It stops from 60MPH in 105ft. 370Z got whooped on by a Mustang GT with regular dual piston calipers, it stops 4 ft shorter from 60MPH than the Z.

I also remember reading a test in Car and Driver where they were comparing braking systems for stopping distance and fade. The 350Z and the Infiniti FX had the worst brakes out of the entire test, they faded so badly that the cars could barely stop after more than one run. Looks like the Z will be the one in need of a brake upgrade.
    The 370Z had a 70-0 braking distance of 157ft in C&D. That is world class. It is not just braking distance, it is resistance to fade on the track. I highly doubt the Camaro will do any better considering the 370Z has 14" in front, 13.8" in the rear, 500lbs lighter and again, probably a better weight distribution.

Granted, Autoweek just reported heavy fade on a 370Z Nismo on a hard downhill run. That doesn't mean the Camaro would do any better whatsoever.

Bottom line, again, if anything its a drivers race vs. a stock LS1 and the 3800lb Camaro is NOT a good choice for a track day car vs. the 370Z.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Okay, provide one example of how it was unrefined. It continues to be relevant among new cars today as other quality cars of that era still are. Being a Toyota that is pretty much standard.
    There is nothing exeptional about any Toyota ever built. The 94-98 models are no better built nor higher quality than any other car of that year and price range. Its your typical Toyota monotone plastic interior, and the chassis is one of the main reasons they have such horrible traction issues.

I guess the 370Z, with a better power to weight ratio, superior gearing (based on the source I found) and a measured 107mph trap speed in C&D means the LS1 still wins every time? No.
    Try again:

3333lbs, 332HP = 10.03lbs/HP
    3450lbs, 350HP = 9.85lbs/HP

Gearing doesn't mean much when you have the power curve of an LS1. Thats why A4 2.73 geared cars can still run low 13's bone stock. Put those kinds of gears on a 370Z and it would be in the 15's, they need short gears to get going since they have no torque.

Weight makes a HUGE difference. The Camaro better be lowered with coilovers, wider wheels and DOT track rubber to achieve the numbers the stock 370Z can, and even then the extra 500lbs is still going to affect transitions, the weight distribution is probably worse and the center of gravity will still probably be higher. You can mod any car to handle well but there are fundamental limitations.
    Once again unsubstantiated claims. Lowered with coilovers?? You must be kidding. The car has fully independent strut suspension from the factory. If you just added summer tires, that alone would make a huge difference.

You seem like the type that would bash the Camaro for weighing 3700lbs, but praise a car like the Nissan GTR even though its 4,000lbs.

That is the first I've heard of their manual transmissions having problems. Unless you have proof of a trend, sounds like heresay to me.
    Go look on the Z forums. Transmission failure is very common on those cars.

We're talking about stock LS1s so that IS irrelevant. Stock LS1s go into 5th at 134mph with the SLP/SS 17s. If the 16s are shorter, even sooner.
    And they still pull strongly. I don't see your point.

The 370Z had a 70-0 braking distance of 157ft in C&D. That is world class. It is not just braking distance, it is resistance to fade on the track. I highly doubt the Camaro will do any better considering the 370Z has 14" in front, 13.8" in the rear, 500lbs lighter and again, probably a better weight distribution.
    Well, you highly doubt that, but you'd be wrong.

The best stopping distance for a 370Z is 109ft, recorded by Motortrend. The Camaro SS does the same thing in 105ft. Even the Mustang GT, with only dual piston calipers, beats the 370Z, with a 108ft stop. Neither the Mustang nor the Camaro experienced any fade, and both weigh more than the 370Z.

Granted, Autoweek just reported heavy fade on a 370Z Nismo on a hard downhill run. That doesn't mean the Camaro would do any better whatsoever.
    There have been no reports of brake fade on the new Camaro SS. Its got 14" front rotors with 4 piston Brembos all around.

Bottom line, again, if anything its a drivers race vs. a stock LS1 and the 3800lb Camaro is NOT a good choice for a track day car vs. the 370Z.
    Bottom line: LS1 is still the faster, more powerful car, and the Camaro will be an excellent track car once people get their hands on them.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

I'm really enjoying this debate.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

There is nothing exeptional about any Toyota ever built. The 94-98 models are no better built nor higher quality than any other car of that year and price range. Its your typical Toyota monotone plastic interior, and the chassis is one of the main reasons they have such horrible traction issues.
    Wow, knocking legendary Toyota quality now and no examples of refinement? You want to compare Toyota quality of the 90's to GM? I sure hope not. Monotone is a matter of taste. Quality, touch and feel are measurable.

The chassis had limited squat with low profile tires plus turbo lag on/off. That is the reason for the traction problems. It was considered a very good handling car.

Try again:

3333lbs, 332HP = 10.03lbs/HP
    3450lbs, 350HP = 9.85lbs/HP

Gearing doesn't mean much when you have the power curve of an LS1. Thats why A4 2.73 geared cars can still run low 13's bone stock. Put those kinds of gears on a 370Z and it would be in the 15's, they need short gears to get going since they have no torque.
    270ft lbs is "no torque"? Okay. But they have the advantage in gearing and you can argue 350hp but then so does the Nismo 370Z. And I'm just guessing the standard 370Z has decent dyno results.

Once again unsubstantiated claims. Lowered with coilovers?? You must be kidding. The car has fully independent strut suspension from the factory. If you just added summer tires, that alone would make a huge difference.
    The SS will be available with summer tires and it still won't come close to the 370Z. Heavy suspension mods are the only way it will compare on the skidpad and slalom.

You seem like the type that would bash the Camaro for weighing 3700lbs, but praise a car like the Nissan GTR even though its 4,000lbs.
    No, I bash the Camaro, the GTO, Challenger, GT500 and especially the GT-R in articles. The LX platform, while quite heavy, is actually pretty decent for the wheelbase.

Go look on the Z forums. Transmission failure is very common on those cars.
    160,000 google search results vs. 930,000 for Camaro tranmission problems. Can you provide some links?

And they still pull strongly. I don't see your point.
    0-150 in 36 seconds, nearly 6 seconds slower than a C5 6M is a lifetime.

Well, you highly doubt that, but you'd be wrong.
    The Camaro braking performance will not exceed the 370Z, I guarantee that. btw, the '10 Mustang with the Track Pack, 255/40/19 Pirelli P Zero tires stopped in 164ft.

The best stopping distance for a 370Z is 109ft, recorded by Motortrend. The Camaro SS does the same thing in 105ft. Even the Mustang GT, with only dual piston calipers, beats the 370Z, with a 108ft stop. Neither the Mustang nor the Camaro experienced any fade, and both weigh more than the 370Z.
    Actually the 370Z did it in 106ft. Think the tables would turn from 70mph? What about statistical variance? Any way, fade is from repeated stopping, not a one time test. Did the 370Z have the Bridgestones and the track package with the upgraded brakes? I wonder what 70mph will do for the Camaro....
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html

There have been no reports of brake fade on the new Camaro SS. Its got 14" front rotors with 4 piston Brembos all around.
    Hasn't been tracked yet. Wait and see. And it may not, but it won't equal the 370Z.

Bottom line: LS1 is still the faster, more powerful car, and the Camaro will be an excellent track car once people get their hands on them.
    The LS1 isn't faster than the 370z and the Camaro is a bad choice for a track car. It is no doubt the best bang for the buck, more practical, better to mod and my choice as well given the two. But if my time is spent on the road circuit, it's the wrong choice.

EDIT: Another interesting data point: 2/99 test in C&D, one of the slower running Z-28s clocked a 0-130 time of 24.8 seconds. The 370Zs' time: 21.2. A huge delta to 130mph. Driver's race?
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 04-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

EDIT: Another interesting data point: 2/99 test in C&D, one of the slower running Z-28s clocked a 0-130 time of 24.8 seconds. The 370Zs' time: 21.2. A huge delta to 130mph. Driver's race?
    if the 370z is anything like the gtr was from Nissan to the car mag editors..those numbers wont be accurate since Nissan seems to love to put ringers in ..i know i know just messing with you

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Wow, knocking legendary Toyota quality now and no examples of refinement? You want to compare Toyota quality of the 90's to GM? I sure hope not. Monotone is a matter of taste. Quality, touch and feel are measurable.
    Legendary Toyota quality??

What, like the thousands of late model Camry sludge motors that Toyota denied warranty claims to?? The 90's pickups that were made of such cheap metal that the frames completely rusted out beneath the bodys and collapsed?? Like the brand new Tundras that have been snapping camshafts, blowing motors, blowing transmissions, and having tailgates fall off??

That legendary Toyota quality??

I'll tell you what. My 1990 Cavalier had 220,000 all original miles on it when I sold it 2 years ago. And its still running. Used little oil, no serious leaks, all I had to put on it was a $35 power steering pump. My friend has a 94 Camry thats falling apart at the seams. Leaks oil everywhere, burns oil, tranny is shot, interior is falling apart, and the damn door handle just fell off.

I also recently rode in a Scion xB. Anyone who thinks Toyota makes good cars after being in that piece of shit has got to be on drugs.

270ft lbs is "no torque"? Okay. But they have the advantage in gearing and you can argue 350hp but then so does the Nismo 370Z. And I'm just guessing the standard 370Z has decent dyno results.
    How does the 370Z have 350HP?? LS1's were factory rated at 350HP. Everyone knows that, and thats why they put down 300WHP. The 370Z's are only putting down 250-270WHP.

http://my350z.com/forum/6705805-post21.html

The SS will be available with summer tires and it still won't come close to the 370Z. Heavy suspension mods are the only way it will compare on the skidpad and slalom.
    "Won't come close"...well I guess you have all the answers, its not worth argueing with the ignorant about things they have convinced themselves to believe

160,000 google search results vs. 930,000 for Camaro tranmission problems. Can you provide some links?
    You think maybe, just maybe, thats because the Camaro has been around for about 35 more years than the 350Z and there were hundreds of thousand more of them produced than the 350Z??

Straight from the 350Z-Tech forum:

I see a lot of 350Z transmissions have been replaced
    During the 2003 introductory year, many 350Z owners reported problems with the 6 speed manual transmission. The symptoms reported included: gear grinding, trouble shifting, hard shifts, getting locked out of gears, among other problems. This is something any potential buyer should be aware of when looking into a 2003 (and some 2004) 350Z model.

Why did the G35 not experience the same problems?
    This is not an easily defined answer, but it is most likely due to the driving nature of the 350Z owners versus the G35 owners. The symptoms are much more evident under hard driving conditions such as fast shifting, or shifting at high engine RPM. With few G35 owners pursuing "spirited" driving, there is most likely a lower reporting rate of problem transmissions. The G35 and 350Z use the same transmissions, so the failure rate given all other variables the same should be even.

What are the failure signs?
    Signs that your 350Z transmission is problematic: gear grinding and difficult shifting are the most obvious symptoms.

How can I fix the grinding problem?
    Hopefully you find this problem before the 350Z drivetrain warranty expires. The typical fix is to replace the transmission with a newer revision. If you do not get it replaced under warranty, expect to pay $1600 or more for a new one (plus labor expenses).

It feels hard to shift sometimes
    Transmission replacement cost
    If you do not get it replaced under warranty, expect to pay $1600 or more for a new one (plus labor expenses).

0-150 in 36 seconds, nearly 6 seconds slower than a C5 6M is a lifetime.
    As usual...no source.

The Camaro braking performance will not exceed the 370Z, I guarantee that. btw, the '10 Mustang with the Track Pack, 255/40/19 Pirelli P Zero tires stopped in 164ft.

Actually the 370Z did it in 106ft. Think the tables would turn from 70mph? What about statistical variance? Any way, fade is from repeated stopping, not a one time test. Did the 370Z have the Bridgestones and the track package with the upgraded brakes? I wonder what 70mph will do for the Camaro....
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...test_data.html

Hasn't been tracked yet. Wait and see. And it may not, but it won't equal the 370Z.
    Its not a matter of if it will or not.

IT ALREADY HAS.

The Camaro has better brakes and stops faster than the 370Z. I don't see why thats so hard for you to comprehend. Obviously your guarantees aren't worth much.

And yes, the 370Z had the track package option.

The LS1 isn't faster than the 370z and the Camaro is a bad choice for a track car. It is no doubt the best bang for the buck, more practical, better to mod and my choice as well given the two. But if my time is spent on the road circuit, it's the wrong choice.
    Its merely your opinion that its the wrong choice, not a fact.

So one example of a "slower running" Z28 (probably automatic 2.73) was slightly over 3 seconds slower than a 370Z...once again you have no point. Your average stock LS1 will whoop a 370Z to 130MPH. VQ has NO top end power, period.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Legendary Toyota quality??

What, like the thousands of late model Camry sludge motors that Toyota denied warranty claims to?? The 90's pickups that were made of such cheap metal that the frames completely rusted out beneath the bodys and collapsed?? Like the brand new Tundras that have been snapping camshafts, blowing motors, blowing transmissions, and having tailgates fall off??

That legendary Toyota quality??

I'll tell you what. My 1990 Cavalier had 220,000 all original miles on it when I sold it 2 years ago. And its still running. Used little oil, no serious leaks, all I had to put on it was a $35 power steering pump. My friend has a 94 Camry thats falling apart at the seams. Leaks oil everywhere, burns oil, tranny is shot, interior is falling apart, and the damn door handle just fell off.

I also recently rode in a Scion xB. Anyone who thinks Toyota makes good cars after being in that piece of shit has got to be on drugs.
    I've had 3 Toyotas, excellent quality. My nephews routinely take their 90's pickups 4wheelin in the wet Northwest because they are the most reliable truck out there.

If you think Toyota makes one of the highest quality cars for decades, and JD Powers supports it, we have no debate.

How does the 370Z have 350HP?? LS1's were factory rated at 350HP. Everyone knows that, and thats why they put down 300WHP. The 370Z's are only putting down 250-270WHP.

http://my350z.com/forum/6705805-post21.html
    LS1s in the Fbodys were NOT factory rated at 350hp, but yes, I know they were underrated. The 370 Nismo Edition will have 350hp.

And you found a 250 to 275whp range. One example among many, I'm sure. And there is a possiblity that timing is retarted at normal operating temps which seems to be a trend for emissions these days. Just an excuse, but the trap speeds will tell the story no matter what, right?

You think maybe, just maybe, thats because the Camaro has been around for about 35 more years than the 350Z and there were hundreds of thousand more of them produced than the 350Z??

Straight from the 350Z-Tech forum:

[I]I see a lot of 350Z transmissions have been replaced
    During the 2003 introductory year, many 350Z owners reported problems with the 6 speed manual transmission. The symptoms reported included: gear grinding, trouble shifting, hard shifts, getting locked out of gears, among other problems. This is something any potential buyer should be aware of when looking into a 2003 (and some 2004) 350Z model.

That was the bait, I admit. I wanted some more links. But what you provided is for '03s and '04s. Not really representative.

And come on, we KNOW ricers can't drive for crap anyway!

As usual...no source.
    C&D 8/98 0mph-150mph-0mph issue.

IT ALREADY HAS.

The Camaro has better brakes and stops faster than the 370Z. I don't see why thats so hard for you to comprehend. Obviously your guarantees aren't worth much.

And yes, the 370Z had the track package option.
    One test, by one foot, by 60mph is hardly representative. Same size brakes, same size tires? Worse weight distribution? 500lbs heavier...You'll see...
    Oh, lets not forget it already lost in the slalom comparison in MT by .9 seconds... and .09 on the skidpad is a huge deficit, especially when the 370Z was at .99. World class, once again.

Its merely your opinion that its the wrong choice, not a fact.
    Would you seriously consider a car that weighs 500lbs more at 3800, is taller and possibly worse weight distribtuion for road circuit duty? Come on now...

So one example of a "slower running" Z28 (probably automatic 2.73) was slightly over 3 seconds slower than a 370Z...once again you have no point. Your average stock LS1 will whoop a 370Z to 130MPH. VQ has NO top end power, period.
    It was a 6M 3:42 that ran a 13.8 @ 104mph in 2/99 C&D. Only example I could find clocked to 130mph.

Now how does 332hp @ 7000rpm and a 7500rpm redline translate to NO top end power? The superior gearing will make up for the deficit anyway.
    Last edited by Deuuuce; 04-20-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

LS1s have about 350 hp.

This is rated at the flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by levityinc3 View Post
    I'm really enjoying this debate.
    I find it quite funny, and amazing that so many people even care

9 pages and counting,,,,common people,,,I think we can do better.

Do I hear 12 pages??? Anyone???

Onyx Black, M6
    2001 SS Convertible #4498

Magazine racing FTL.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

They represent what most owners can expect and get. The good magazines tend to be spot-on considering they don't prep or powershift.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Listen you can debate this all day with wesman but im sure you know he will never admit that a import is better at anything over the lsx car it is being compared too. lol he doesnt listen to facts or numbers or real world comparision he will just keep repeating "the vq has nothing up top compared to the ls1." He only races at 80mph or faster so thats all he cares about

Black
    2002 ws6 (6 speed)

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information