Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 257

Raced a 370Z yesterday

This is a discussion on Raced a 370Z yesterday within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 Why do people come on this site defending completely unrelated cars? I personally have better things ...

  1. #141
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Why do people come on this site defending completely unrelated cars? I personally have better things to do than to go on import or mustang sites defending LS1's. I could really care less what a 350 or 370 could do and I don't have to respect it. That's why I'm on an LS1 site and not a nissan or some other site.
    I guess you could think like that. And further prove your ignorance. Guys on other forums give respect to cars that arent there type because when its a good car its a good car no matter who its made by. Now that good ole general motors is government motors i wont be buying anything new from them.

    I dont own a nissan and i was just simply saying its a blast of a car to drive and noone here is giving it any real credit. You dont have too give it respect if you wanna just ignore facts that it is a good performance machine and just say nothing backed by anything but your own ignorance.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-09-2009 at 08:08 AM.

  2. #142
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Why do people come on this site defending completely unrelated cars? I personally have better things to do than to go on import or mustang sites defending LS1's. I could really care less what a 350 or 370 could do and I don't have to respect it. That's why I'm on an LS1 site and not a nissan or some other site.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I really don't care much about any new car at all personally no matter the brand. Just isn't much out there that does anything for me at all. I don't even view alot of this stuff as a worthy race most of the time. It takes an old school classic hotrod to grab my attention anymore. I don't even pay much attention to 4th gens running around,,,haha
    Hell I don't even know what a 370Z looks like let alone want to race one.

    It must be one hell of a car though for people to type 8 pages worth of crap on it

  3. #143
    Senior Member karpetcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tujunga, CA
    Posts
    1,646

    White
    01 Camaro 6speed

    ^^^ 8 pages and still counting, lol.

  4. #144
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I guess you could think like that. And further prove your ignorance. Guys on other forums give respect to cars that arent there type because when its a good car its a good car no matter who its made by. Now that good ole general motors is government motors i wont be buying anything new from them.

    I dont own a nissan and i was just simply saying its a blast of a car to drive and noone here is giving it any real credit. You dont have too give it respect if you wanna just ignore facts that it is a good performance machine and just say nothing backed by anything but your own ignorance.
    Who is the ignorant one here? You're on an LS1 site arguing the case of a car you don't own. As a matter of fact you drive a subaru so anything you say about a 350 or 370 is something you read and not from personal experience. I have no comment on it and don't care about it.

  5. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Who is the ignorant one here? You're on an LS1 site arguing the case of a car you don't own. As a matter of fact you drive a subaru so anything you say about a 350 or 370 is something you read and not from personal experience. I have no comment on it and don't care about it.
    You seem to have some comments. I drive 350zs often, havent driven the 370 yet.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-09-2009 at 12:14 PM.

  6. #146
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    As a matter of fact you drive a subaru so anything you say about a 350 or 370 is something you read and not from personal experience..
    that makes no sense and is not necessarily true

  7. #147
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Hell I don't even know what a 370Z looks like let alone want to race one.

    It must be one hell of a car though for people to type 8 pages worth of crap on it

  8. #148
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You seem to have some comments. I drive 350zs often, havent driven the 370 yet.
    Why are you on this site?

  9. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    I have owned 2 lt1 f-bodys and currently have a 2000 Trans am. Just thought i would come and see how the ls1 forums are.

  10. #150
    Veteran Hi-Po's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,461

    Black
    1999 TA WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I have owned 2 lt1 f-bodys and currently have a 2000 Trans am. Just thought i would come and see how the ls1 forums are.
    Were actually not that bad. Certain areas get mouthy in the posts. Plenty of good here.

  11. #151
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Good stuff...welcome to the site.

  12. #152
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Were actually not that bad. Certain areas get mouthy in the posts. Plenty of good here.
    So far it seems to be a more fun forum. Alot of forums you cant even talk about kill sotries these days.

  13. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Good stuff...welcome to the site.
    Thanks, i guess i should have lsited my ls1 car on a ls1 website lol

  14. #154
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Thanks, i guess i should have lsited my ls1 car on a ls1 website lol
    Yeah man I thought you were an outsider trying to infiltrate our site! lol

  15. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Yeah man I thought you were an outsider trying to infiltrate our site! lol

    Nope i love f-bodys, i go to different cars after i sell em but i always come back. Dont think i will be selling this one anytime soon.

  16. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Jose area
    Posts
    273

    Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

    The '07+ 350Z is respectable but the 370Z will prove to be a driver's race vs. a stock LS1. Problem is, the Nismo 370Z will be 350hp...

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    96. but they made them for another 2 years overseas.
    Oh wow. No, the '96 was automatic only and the 97-98s were sold in the states. I can't believe people don't know this.

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    so you can mod them just like you can to anything else BUT

    they're expensive to buy

    stock they're not a very fast car

    they're ricey looking

    and it's like sitting in a tin can

    well it doesn't seem like it's any better than any other car out there
    There is a reason why they are expensive, mid-13s isn't exactly slow, stock, especially starting in 1993, their styling is excellent and it's hardly like a tin can. Paint it red, put prancing horse badges on it and sit it between an F40, and F50 and a F355. I guarantee a "non-car person" would call it a Ferrari.

    The Fbody isn't as refined as the 370Z or the MKIV Supra, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by LT1 > LS1 View Post
    horsepower sells cars.

    TORQUE wins races. YOU sir have torque. even with no bottle, your car is easily mid 12's. that Z cant hang with that
    Really? Like F1 cars? Or the LP560 having less than 400ft lbs but runs low/mid 11s in the mid/upper 120s?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Firehawks have put down some very nice numbers that would show up a 350Z on a road course.
    Fbodys are barely competitive in the SCCA T2 Runoffs against 350Zs. And your example is modded vs. stock. No question the car for the road circuit is the 370Z vs. an Fbody. None whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    could you show me where a 370 traps 108?

    plus a street roll race doesn't end at the 1\4. the faster you go, the farther behind the 370 will be
    They end before the 1/4 and you will see 108mph trap speeds, guaranteed. C&D and MT both ran 105-106mph and neither drag prep or powershift.

    109 is questionable for an '07+ but this is some good data:
    http://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-...ons-stock.html
    http://my350z.com/forum/drag/418694-...the-track.html
    http://my350z.com/forum/drag/348770-...rap-speed.html

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    1/4 is nothing like a dig race or a roll race..those tend to go 120+..that is where the ls1s shine(f-bod,gto,vette) so the 370z might be close for 13 seconds..but then they will get walked.
    Oh wow. Most rolls END before 120mph. Not long after 120mph the Fbody has to shift into 5th. Not exactly when it "shines".


    The new Camaro SS is undoubtably the best bang-for-the-buck and the most practical but for track days the 370Z is obviously a better choice.

  17. #157
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    ^^^^ so what this guy is trying to say is he is reaaaaaaaaly reaching to try and prove that 370 and 350z's are fast, and he failed.

  18. #158
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    36
    Posts
    74
    Um, they are fast. The Nizmo now has a Naturally Aspirated 350HP V6; pretty amazing. I'm not in the arguement of which car is better (in terms of performance); I'm an F-Body fan. But I'm not going to be so brand biased and ignorant to suggest the 370Z is not fast. Low 13's for a V6 car is good.

  19. #159
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    The '07+ 350Z is respectable but the 370Z will prove to be a driver's race vs. a stock LS1. Problem is, the Nismo 370Z will be 350hp...
    They aren't even putting down 290HP and they are gutless when it comes to torque. Anyone who can drive an F-body will beat a 370Z every time.

    There is a reason why they are expensive, mid-13s isn't exactly slow, stock, especially starting in 1993, their styling is excellent and it's hardly like a tin can. Paint it red, put prancing horse badges on it and sit it between an F40, and F50 and a F355. I guarantee a "non-car person" would call it a Ferrari.
    And I guarantee they wouldn't. Ferarri hasn't made a car that ugly in recent history. Not to mention Ferarris sounds very nice, the VQ sounds like a trash compactor. I wouldn't call the 370Z styling excellent by any sense of the word, look at the stupid fangs in the front grille. Tacky rice at best.

    The Fbody isn't as refined as the 370Z or the MKIV Supra, sorry.
    I guess you've never sat in a MKIV Supra if you think they are refined, they are not well built cars at all. Especially the interiors, they are a joke. 370Z is a brand new 2009 car, of course its going to be more refined than a 2002 F-body. Thats not a relative comparison.

    Really? Like F1 cars? Or the LP560 having less than 400ft lbs but runs low/mid 11s in the mid/upper 120s?
    Completely irrelevent comparison. A 370Z is not an F1 car, nor is it anything like an LP460. Its a 20+ year old gutless Nissan V6 thats about as well balanced as a 4 cylinder with a bad misfire. It has no torque because its a small V6, not because its tuned to make 600HP of top end power.

    Fbodys are barely competitive in the SCCA T2 Runoffs against 350Zs. And your example is modded vs. stock. No question the car for the road circuit is the 370Z vs. an Fbody. None whatsoever.
    How about some sources instead of just hearsay?? F-bodies do plenty well on road circuits with some handling mods.

    They end before the 1/4 and you will see 108mph trap speeds, guaranteed. C&D and MT both ran 105-106mph and neither drag prep or powershift.
    Thats because they didn't want Nissan's 6 speed spewed all over the track. Which has happened to many a 350Z owner. Just go on the forums, you'll see how weak their transmissions speeds are.

    Those links are useless. There is NO way to verify that the persons in question had bone stock cars. People can and will post anything on the internet to get attention.

    Oh wow. Most rolls END before 120mph. Not long after 120mph the Fbody has to shift into 5th. Not exactly when it "shines".
    My car is still pulling hard when I shift into 5th. Cars with lower weighs and lower HP fall off on the top end, its power that keeps you going. Weight matters less the faster you go, hence why the LS1 is so strong on the top end.

    [/QUOTE]The new Camaro SS is undoubtably the best bang-for-the-buck and the most practical but for track days the 370Z is obviously a better choice.[/QUOTE]

    I don't agree. The new Camaro handles very well stock, with some handling mods and sticky tires I'm sure it would rape the 370Z on a road course. No doubt about it.

  20. #160
    Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,449

    Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    They aren't even putting down 290HP and they are gutless when it comes to torque. Anyone who can drive an F-body will beat a 370Z every time.



    And I guarantee they wouldn't. Ferarri hasn't made a car that ugly in recent history. Not to mention Ferarris sounds very nice, the VQ sounds like a trash compactor. I wouldn't call the 370Z styling excellent by any sense of the word, look at the stupid fangs in the front grille. Tacky rice at best.



    I guess you've never sat in a MKIV Supra if you think they are refined, they are not well built cars at all. Especially the interiors, they are a joke. 370Z is a brand new 2009 car, of course its going to be more refined than a 2002 F-body. Thats not a relative comparison.



    Completely irrelevent comparison. A 370Z is not an F1 car, nor is it anything like an LP460. Its a 20+ year old gutless Nissan V6 thats about as well balanced as a 4 cylinder with a bad misfire. It has no torque because its a small V6, not because its tuned to make 600HP of top end power.



    How about some sources instead of just hearsay?? F-bodies do plenty well on road circuits with some handling mods.



    Thats because they didn't want Nissan's 6 speed spewed all over the track. Which has happened to many a 350Z owner. Just go on the forums, you'll see how weak their transmissions speeds are.



    Those links are useless. There is NO way to verify that the persons in question had bone stock cars. People can and will post anything on the internet to get attention.



    My car is still pulling hard when I shift into 5th. Cars with lower weighs and lower HP fall off on the top end, its power that keeps you going. Weight matters less the faster you go, hence why the LS1 is so strong on the top end.
    The new Camaro SS is undoubtably the best bang-for-the-buck and the most practical but for track days the 370Z is obviously a better choice.[/QUOTE]

    I don't agree. The new Camaro handles very well stock, with some handling mods and sticky tires I'm sure it would rape the 370Z on a road course. No doubt about it.[/QUOTE]


Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. me vs ls2 gto, 05-07ish gt, 370z.
    By 02sunsetorangeZ in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 12:23 PM
  2. Shell Helix oil ad-transparent 370z
    By third_shift|studios in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:15 PM
  3. Transparent Nissan 370Z
    By Tonik in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
  4. 370Z: Failure
    By Wesman in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM
  5. Raced two old women yesterday
    By 98-LS1 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-2006, 01:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •