Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 157

Raced a 3000GT VR-4 TT

This is a discussion on Raced a 3000GT VR-4 TT within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman Its a given that more air means more oxygen. The oxygen doesn't somehow separate from the ...

  1. #121
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Its a given that more air means more oxygen. The oxygen doesn't somehow separate from the nitrogen in the process of induction, so whenever you have more air, you obviously have more oxygen.

    Looks like lost your arguement, so you're resulted to technicalities. Very sad.
    I haven't lost any argument what so ever. You tried to say that the added "pressure" was what causes damage and it's not. I proved that it's not by arguing that it's added oxygen, not pressure, and not air.


    Any further argument is pointless, because I've made my point you agree with it, and are just trying to save face.

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    31

    Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    I think it was less about people being "butthurt" and more about GM sueing them and putting the entire Mitsubishi corporation out of business for good.

    At least the Monaro was worthy of the GTO name, being a V8, RWD pony car. Its only downfall was its somewhat bland styling.
    GM can't sue over something they don't own. Gran Turismo Omologato or GTO has been applied to many cars, even a few Mitsubishi's and Ferrari's. Following your rationale Ferrari should sue GM for using the title, technically they had the name on their car first

    Like I said, butt hurt Americans. The same butt hurt muscle car purists that didn't want the Dodge Stealth to be the official pace car of the Indianapolis 500 back in 91'..the same guys that still call certain current "American Muscle Cars" American, even though a good majority of their parts are made by foreign labor Ok I'll stop now, hypocrisy just irks the schite out of me

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    what are you talking aboot, eh?
    Ohhhhhhh Caaaaaanaaaddaaaaaa Our Home and Native Land
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 09-25-2008 at 06:30 AM.

  3. #123
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23

    Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

    Oh GTO is coming off the car anyway, the previous owner did that and I've just been lazy.

    LOL I will rip out the engine and drivetrain and put it back, but I won't take 30 seconds to remove the GTO badging, haha.

    I have a "mitsubishi" panel to stick on there to get it back to normal.

    But you know, its a lot of fun being at gas stations and having rednecks strike up conversations with me

    them : "Hey mind if I check out yer car?"
    me : "go ahead man"
    them : "Wow, these new GTOs look a lot better in person!"

  4. #124
    Member Camarofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    316

    Black
    05 mustang GT modded

    Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    This thread kicked so much ass.
    +1

  5. #125
    Supercharged Raptor285's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    70

    Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

    Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Not Canadians on LS1.com

    Hey you VR-4 guys stick around and post some eh? I like seeing a mix of car guys on here to give their knowledge (or in some cases lack of it haha) (but not in this thread)
    I don't know, a lot of people around here don't take kindly to V-6's...


    This thread has actually taught me a lot...even over on the GP boards most people think that VR-4's and Stealth TT's are slow because they are AWD and heavy...I've heard that they break alot too, is that true or are they like any other car? What kinda MPG you get? I'm curious now, I didn't know they could be so fast with a few bolt-on parts...beating a cammed LT1 is nothing to shake a stick at...although not sure what supporting mods he has...maybe he needs more?

  6. #126
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    31

    Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    I don't know, a lot of people around here don't take kindly to V-6's...


    This thread has actually taught me a lot...even over on the GP boards most people think that VR-4's and Stealth TT's are slow because they are AWD and heavy...I've heard that they break alot too, is that true or are they like any other car? What kinda MPG you get? I'm curious now, I didn't know they could be so fast with a few bolt-on parts...beating a cammed LT1 is nothing to shake a stick at...although not sure what supporting mods he has...maybe he needs more?
    Heavy? They weigh almost the same Yes, a typical VR4 takes very well to mods, but at the same time the cars are old and most of them have not been taken care of properly. I know a guy with almost 300k on his VR4, still makes 500whp. Why? Because he maintained her insanely well. It's like any car, you treat it well and it performs, treat her bad and she falls apart.

  7. #127
    Supercharged Raptor285's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Angola, IN
    Posts
    70

    Dark Teal
    1997 Grand Prix GTP

    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    Heavy? They weigh almost the same Yes, a typical VR4 takes very well to mods, but at the same time the cars are old and most of them have not been taken care of properly. I know a guy with almost 300k on his VR4, still makes 500whp. Why? Because he maintained her insanely well. It's like any car, you treat it well and it performs, treat her bad and she falls apart.
    I thought like 3800-3900 pounds? My car is 3400-3500 pounds...400 pounds is a pretty decent difference if you ask me...hell a lot of people think GTO's (the Pontiac) are pigs b/c their curb weight is around yours. That is awesome power though, I definately would have thought they are slower from a roll than they are!

    Not a bad learning experience at all...I'll have to educate the guys over at ClubGP about these cars that are supposedly slow, especially from a roll

    Also, the reason I asked about reliability is because some cars just have certain parts that don't handle increased horsepower very well (read 4T65E and 4L60E transmissions)

  8. #128
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York City, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    31

    Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    I thought like 3800-3900 pounds? My car is 3400-3500 pounds...400 pounds is a pretty decent difference if you ask me...hell a lot of people think GTO's (the Pontiac) are pigs b/c their curb weight is around yours. That is awesome power though, I definately would have thought they are slower from a roll than they are!

    Not a bad learning experience at all...I'll have to educate the guys over at ClubGP about these cars that are supposedly slow, especially from a roll

    Also, the reason I asked about reliability is because some cars just have certain parts that don't handle increased horsepower very well (read 4T65E and 4L60E transmissions)
    Brother..they are thinking about Spyders. My 97 VR4 weighs like 3650lbs without the spare, and other bullshit trunk stuff. I've seen folks get their cars as light as 3300lbs removing all non-essential items, rear seats, cf hood, lighter wheels, etc etc. Our tranny's are fine for the most part the 91-93 xfer cases and output shafts sucked. 94-up didn't have this problem, the bell housings need reinforcement once you make big power though.

  9. #129
    Senior Member 00z28bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    las vegas, nv
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,390

    white
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    GM can't sue over something they don't own. Gran Turismo Omologato or GTO has been applied to many cars, even a few Mitsubishi's and Ferrari's. Following your rationale Ferrari should sue GM for using the title, technically they had the name on their car first

    Like I said, butt hurt Americans. The same butt hurt muscle car purists that didn't want the Dodge Stealth to be the official pace car of the Indianapolis 500 back in 91'..the same guys that still call certain current "American Muscle Cars" American, even though a good majority of their parts are made by foreign labor Ok I'll stop now, hypocrisy just irks the schite out of me



    Ohhhhhhh Caaaaaanaaaddaaaaaa Our Home and Native Land
    i just dont care for a badge that says something the registration doesnt. like an ss badge on an rs for example i just respect a car for what it is. i have a z28 and i wont put something that suggests otherwise. to me its basically saying “i wish i had a...”. if you understand where im coming from. and you can thank bush for foreign labor.

  10. #130
    Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    897

    Red
    1999 Trans Am

    http://www.team3s.com/FAQ-Specs1.htm

    all i got to say about your argument on weight.

  11. #131
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I haven't lost any argument what so ever. You tried to say that the added "pressure" was what causes damage and it's not. I proved that it's not by arguing that it's added oxygen, not pressure, and not air.


    Any further argument is pointless, because I've made my point you agree with it, and are just trying to save face.
    Once again, you were wrong, and you tried to "save face' by saying it was "oxygen", not "air". Pathetic.

    The more boost you push, the more pressure you have in the cylinder, because you are forcing more oxygen in with each intake stroke. When the piston begins the compression stroke, all that extra oxygen that was forced in now has to be compressed, resulting in higher cylinder pressures and temperatures. That is what destroys engines. So boost pressure is directly related to cylinder pressure, on a graph they would both have upward slopes. Therefore its reasonable to say that pushing more boost is directly related to damage caused to the engine from excessive cylinder pressures.

  12. #132
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post
    GM can't sue over something they don't own. Gran Turismo Omologato or GTO has been applied to many cars, even a few Mitsubishi's and Ferrari's. Following your rationale Ferrari should sue GM for using the title, technically they had the name on their car first

    Like I said, butt hurt Americans. The same butt hurt muscle car purists that didn't want the Dodge Stealth to be the official pace car of the Indianapolis 500 back in 91'..the same guys that still call certain current "American Muscle Cars" American, even though a good majority of their parts are made by foreign labor Ok I'll stop now, hypocrisy just irks the schite out of me
    How are Muscle car purists butt hurt?? Ironic an ricer such as yourself should make such a comment. What you fail to realize is that people generally don't like piece of shit cars like the Dodge Steath, that are ugly, overweight, unreliable, overpriced turd buckets on wheels. It would have been an embarrasment to have a Mitsubishi be the pace car for the 500, thats why it wasn't, not because anyone was afraid it would steal the show, now that is a joke if I've ever heard one.

    You want to talk hypocrisy?? You are an import fanboy trolling an American car forum, and you have the nerve to call people out here and claim we are the ones who are "butthurt". Take a step back and look at the big picture, I think its obvious to everyone who is "butthurt" around here, and his name appears in the quoted section of this post.
    Last edited by Wesman; 09-25-2008 at 06:12 PM.

  13. #133
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor285 View Post
    I don't know, a lot of people around here don't take kindly to V-6's...


    This thread has actually taught me a lot...even over on the GP boards most people think that VR-4's and Stealth TT's are slow because they are AWD and heavy...I've heard that they break alot too, is that true or are they like any other car? What kinda MPG you get? I'm curious now, I didn't know they could be so fast with a few bolt-on parts...beating a cammed LT1 is nothing to shake a stick at...although not sure what supporting mods he has...maybe he needs more?

    Remember where you are getting this information from - people who joined this board just to promote their cars. Of course they are going to talk them up and try to make them sound better than they are.

    The guys over at the GP boards are correct in what they tell you. Stock VR4s/Stealths are slow, overweight pigs, weighing in at over 3800lbs. The AWD saps up a lot of the power, so a good portion of that 325 doesn't even get anywhere near the ground. And as for breaking and reliability, thats a subject that you could spend all day on. Lets just say they are some of the most unreliable cars ever to be built. And as for working on them, don't bother. You can't get to anything, and even the simplest job often requires pulling the entire motor to get to whatever component you need to reach. The MPG is about what you'd expect from a 3,800lb AWD twin turbocharged car, shitty on even the best day.

  14. #134
    Member Dewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    184

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

    pulling the motor to reach something . . . i think not. You just need to know what you are doing. Yes the engine bay may be cramped but its what i learned how to work on cars with. As for the MPG i got 23 average as for my ls1 i get 22-24 average.

    sold it to buy my camaro i still miss it

  15. #135
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Uggghhh fender gap =x



    BTW Wesman you're hilarious. The things that come out of your mouth put a smile on my face. I seriously cannot believe people like you still exist.

  16. #136
    Member Dewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    184

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro z28

    it has the offroad package

  17. #137
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    Uggghhh fender gap =x



    BTW Wesman you're hilarious. The things that come out of your mouth put a smile on my face. I seriously cannot believe people like you still exist.
    Yea, surprisingly not everyone is a blind follower of the latest import tuner scene. Some folks still like cars that sound good and look nice and get the job done with a real motor.

    You wouldn't know jack about any of those things though, you're the typical F&F riceboy.

  18. #138
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Yea, surprisingly not everyone is a blind follower of the latest import tuner scene. Some folks still like cars that sound good and look nice and get the job done with a real motor.

    You wouldn't know jack about any of those things though, you're the typical F&F riceboy.
    You know absolutely zero about me.

  19. #139
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    You know absolutely zero about me.
    Based on your posts, the car you drive, and the way you present yourself, a lot can be learned. Lets just say that its obvious.

  20. #140
    Member 4tun8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    PA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    485

    Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Based on your posts, the car you drive, and the way you present yourself, a lot can be learned. Lets just say that its obvious.
    Yup, and I'm 5'7" 125lbs, I live in my mom's basement, and I eat HOT POCKETS!.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3000GT m5, anyone ever work on them?
    By ibanez7 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM
  2. Why do 3000gt's try?
    By sharptransam in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 05:26 PM
  3. The 3000GT/Stealth
    By EStealth in forum Domestics and Foreigns
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 04:22 PM
  4. Has anyone ever raced a worked 3000GT?
    By Fibbado in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 04:59 PM
  5. 95 3000gt Sl
    By scubasteve in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 02:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •