Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Raced a 3000GT VR-4 TT

This is a discussion on Raced a 3000GT VR-4 TT within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Wesman Nice kill. 3000GT VR4's are dogs considering how much they cost brand new, most stock ones ...

Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Nice kill. 3000GT VR4's are dogs considering how much they cost brand new, most stock ones I've seen run low 14's. Between the heavy weight (almost 3800lbs) and the AWD system sucking up all the power, they just aren't fast.
    if only it had been a kill. His whole story is pretty much told from MY point of view......right on down to the revving. He revved at me, I just sat there and smiled. I let HIM floor it first, and *I* am the one that pulled ahead

If he got two lengths I guess it was after I shut down.

The fastest 100% stock stealth/3000gt that I've seen ran a 13.1. My mother's high mileage bone stock vr4 (yes she has a yellow one) runs 13.9 whenever I take it to the track.
    Last edited by deathsled; 09-22-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

Nice kill.
    He lost...he passed DS when DS shut down....domestic flyby.

3000GT VR4's are dogs considering how much they cost brand new

They haven't been new for 17 years.....

most stock ones I've seen run low 14's.
    Most I know run 13's with decent driving w/ a boost controller.

Between the heavy weight (almost 3800lbs) and the AWD system sucking up all the power
    24-27% drivetrain loss which is about the same on most full-time awd vehicles... All of the power?

they just aren't fast.
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 09-22-2008 at 02:58 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleSilence View Post

They haven't been new for 17 years.....
    No kidding. It was a $44,000 car brand new back in '99. Which, by the way, isn't 17 years.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by deathsled View Post
    if only it had been a kill. His whole story is pretty much told from MY point of view......right on down to the revving. He revved at me, I just sat there and smiled. I let HIM floor it first, and *I* am the one that pulled ahead

If he got two lengths I guess it was after I shut down.

The fastest 100% stock stealth/3000gt that I've seen ran a 13.1. My mother's high mileage bone stock vr4 (yes she has a yellow one) runs 13.9 whenever I take it to the track.
    And what does your car run at the track?? Sounds like you're just upset that you got beat, so you're coming into the LS1 forum to deny the charges.

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

No kidding. It was a $44,000 car brand new back in '99. Which, by the way, isn't 17 years.
    Who the frack has a 99? Ohhhhhh I get it, you looked up the info on Edmunds.com and now consider yourself an authority....

And considering that cars coming stock with 400hp+ are a relatively new trend (speaking of commonality), 300/320hp cars where incredible back in the 90's.

And what does your car run at the track?? Sounds like you're just upset that you got beat, so you're coming into the LS1 forum to deny the charges.
    I think they should just run again and get it on tape. Since DS is willing to run again (he even suggested it), I tend to believe him over a guy that just got his car.
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 09-22-2008 at 03:10 PM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

He lost...he passed DS when DS shut down....domestic flyby.
    Were you there?? Did you personally see this happen?? No, so stop pretending you know what happened. I highly doubt there was any "domestic flybys", you need to find a new hobby other than trolling the kills section on the LS1.com.

I think they should just run again and get it on tape. Since DS is willing to run again (he even suggested it), I tend to believe him over a guy that just got his car
    Are you kidding...he just joined the forum to object to this kill story. I don't believe him about anything, all he's doing is trolling.
    Last edited by Wesman; 09-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

Were you there?? Did you personally see this happen?? No, so stop pretending you know what happened. I highly doubt there was any "domestic flybys", you need to find a new hobby other than trolling the kills section on the LS1.com to support your precious 3000GT.
    If I'm trolling, then you're nut swinging...HARD.

For you to declare that the 3/s is slow having only "seen" a few 14 second run proves your ignorance. Like I said from jump, they need to just race again and get it on film..simple solution, no drama, no bullsh*t. You can stop fighting for your boyfriend's honor now...

Are you kidding...he just joined the forum to object to this kill story. I don't believe him about anything, all he's doing is trolling.
    He has every right to call out someone that may or may not be lying about a kill involving his car, anyone would. Your opinion doesn't matter any more than mine here really. Just hush already, let them race again and make your judgment from that.
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 09-22-2008 at 03:23 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

oh-boy

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

If I'm trolling, then you're nut swinging...HARD.
    LMAO. Nut swinging on a forum that is deticated to the vehicle that I own. Now I've heard it all. You are an import troll, simple as that.

For you to declare that the 3/s is slow having only "seen" a few 14 second run proves your ignorance. Like I said from jump, they need to just race again and get it on film..simple solution, no drama, no bullsh*t. You can stop fighting for your boyfriend's honor now...
    You two Mitsubishi lovers need to take the bullshit somewhere else, this isn't the place to troll about your car.

Amazing how someone posts a simple kill story and the import boys come out of the woodwork.
    Last edited by Wesman; 09-22-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

Alright Mike, no need to swing on my nuts so bad here lol

I am up for a rematch against Ben if he seriously thinks he will win.....hopefully he will just own up to the fact that I was pulling on him. If he doesn't realize that, then I will gladly show him again.

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

LMAO. Nut swinging on a forum that is deticated to the vehicle that I own. Now I've heard it all. You are an import troll, simple as that.

Tell him to bring that piece of shit down to the track and I'll whoop his 14 second car myself. Then the bullshit can stop. You two Mitsubishi lovers need to take the bullshit somewhere else, this isn't the place to troll about your car.

Amazing how someone posts a simple kill story and the import boys come out of the woodwork.
    Tell your story walkin' kiddo. You're taking this insanely personal and puffing out your chest for no reason. I'll advise you to stop right now, but you'll ignore it because that is what douche bags that like to act hard on the internet do. Yes, all 3000gt's run 14's at the track...you are 100% right. Read my license plate:

Black Top Red
    1997 3000GT VR4

Quote Originally Posted by deathsled View Post
    Alright Mike, no need to swing on my nuts so bad here lol

I am up for a rematch against Ben if he seriously thinks he will win.....hopefully he will just own up to the fact that I was pulling on him. If he doesn't realize that, then I will gladly show him again.
    Tonight? Tomorrow? This Weekend? Video? You seem awfully willing to run someone again who had 2 cars on you...you rev happy sum bitch!
    Last edited by AudibleSilence; 09-22-2008 at 03:42 PM.

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

wow... alot of you need to grow up... and this is coming from a youngun.

now first and foremost we are all car guys, whether import or domestic.
    so all this import bashing garbage needs to go the fuck out the window.
    anycars, no matter where its made or what company manufactures it, that looks good and goes fast deserves respect.

saying that all imports suck or bashing on cars from another country is basically just like racism... fucking dumb

hell, ive built my own 69 camaro, and one of my best freinds has a 98 240 with a skyline swap. i take my car to his import meets and he brings his to the muscle car show. if we can get it, why cant you.

AudibleSilence is right. run the cars, record it, and then well see whose right.
    simple as that... no bashing needed.
    -justin

Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

I don't have any times yet, I just rebuilt this car and it's only been running for a little over a month. That's why I was excited to race someone finally who could give me a good indication of what kind of power they made, its the only way I can tell what kind of power my car is putting down until I get on a dyno or take it to the track.

4 years ago it ran a 13.1 @ around 110 on 10psi with what turned out to be pretty much blown turbos. That might have even been when i was running 1 stock turbo and 1 upgraded one (one of the upgraded ones had already failed).

Now I anticipate low 12s at 115mph+, but I don't want to throw out numbers without anything to back it up really.

I built this car for autox, road course, and touge, not for drag. It's responsive now, not a power house.

only came out of the woodwork because someone else brought this thread to my attention. that and because his version is completely inaccurate. Would you stand by and let someone say they "wasted" you? And then let them say how "shocked" you were? We couldn't be further from the truth here hahahaha
    Last edited by deathsled; 09-22-2008 at 04:05 PM.

silver
    2002 ws6

LMAO @ VR4's

Black
    1996 3000GT VR4

this thread is getting all sorts of off track and in violation of the rules of this forum, which *I* apparently have read lol

All I'm saying is I did not lose and I will gladly race again

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Lets get to the bottom of this, just do it again.

Wesman just go away, Iam sick of hearing the same thing over and over and over again from you. You aways have to mess up someones thread, let the guy who posted the kill defend himself.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Ive always thought the Vr4 was a damn good looking car, The generation with the pop up headlights. The newer ones not as much.

Solano Black Pearl
    1999 3000GT

So you guys gonna race for pinks or what???

black
    1999 T/A

I think a vr4 is alot faster than many of you guys think. But I agree that they are very heavy especially the spyders.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information