Results 1 to 14 of 14

raced 2 LS1's

This is a discussion on raced 2 LS1's within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Was out cruising tonight and raced two LS1s. 1st- WS6, A4, stock - Lost by about 1 car. Raced from ...

  1. #1
    Member fox87stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gilmer, TX
    Posts
    175

    black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

    raced 2 LS1's

    Was out cruising tonight and raced two LS1s.

    1st- WS6, A4, stock - Lost by about 1 car. Raced from about a 10 roll to 80 ish. He started to pull about 60 then i missed third and he was gone. We stopped and talked at the next red light about his buddies 03-04 cobra.

    2nd- Z28, A4, stock - Won by 1.5 cars. We raced from a 30 punch up to 80.

    The only thing that sucked was none of us have ran our cars at the track and we were all asking each other to try and get a comparison. I told both guys that a few of my buddies and I plan on going to Red River Raceway on the 24th of november, maybe they'll be out there

  2. #2
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    wroughly 13.8's... I'd say a Camaro A4 should run on a good day... (that's what I did stock)

    good runs, nice kill... sucks on the miss... such is life...


  3. #3
    Team Skeet Captain JHayesLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winter Garden, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,061

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

    Good races!

  4. #4
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Good runs... The reason you probably took the Z was because 30mph is not a good start for an A4 man. What are your MODs?

  5. #5
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    sounds like some good racing, why did you only go to 80 was it because you were racing in town?

  6. #6
    Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Parma Heights, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    891

    SOM
    99 Trans Am

    Good runs. Whats done to your Cobra?

  7. #7
    Member fox87stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gilmer, TX
    Posts
    175

    black/white
    99 Cobra/96 Ram 4x4/08 R6

    CAI and flows ran from strait pipes. The reason we only got up to 80 is because we were in a city with a high volume of police officers, not to mention I was a little nervous on the account that my buddy in a Firehawk was pulled over and almost arrested 2 weekends ago within half a mile of where we were.

    And it was the Z28 who chose the 30 punch. Personally I would have like to gone from a 10-20 punch

  8. #8
    Member ApexVIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    307

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    wroughly 13.8's... I'd say a Camaro A4 should run on a good day... (that's what I did stock)

    good runs, nice kill... sucks on the miss... such is life...

    my friend bone stock ran a 13.4 at 107
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

  9. #9
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by ApexVIII View Post
    my friend bone stock ran a 13.4 at 107


    factory freak...

  10. #10
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post


    factory freak...

    Nah, my convertible 00 auto ran 13.2 at 108 with only a lid. This was the weekend I bought it, drove it from the dealer to my house that evening, then to Bradenton in the morning. Bought the lid from a guy there, hot and humid day, 2 hour drive to get there, heatsoaked. From what I have seen I kinda think the factory freaks are the slow ones rather than the other way around. Or just poor driving.

  11. #11
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    Nah, my convertible 00 auto ran 13.2 at 108 with only a lid. This was the weekend I bought it, drove it from the dealer to my house that evening, then to Bradenton in the morning. Bought the lid from a guy there, hot and humid day, 2 hour drive to get there, heatsoaked. From what I have seen I kinda think the factory freaks are the slow ones rather than the other way around. Or just poor driving.
    ... my car with a lid ran 13.5... 3 tenths in a lid... hm... maybe I just sucked at driving back then...
    Last edited by Rikki_SeVeN; 11-12-2007 at 09:02 AM.

  12. #12
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    Yeah, the first 2 runs without the lid were 13.8 and 13.5, both at around 106, 107, so I knew it had better times in there. With the lid I ran 3 more times, first run was 13.2 and 2 more runs at 13.4. I would guess as hot as the car was, I probably could have done better on a cool day. I think stock is around 13.5 with an average driver, but could be better with a really good driver. I dont think the lid really helps as much as some people think. It just looks cleaner under the hood.
    http://www.fquick.com/mnypitZ
    98 Z28 a little here and a little there
    03 Saab 9-5 ARC
    80 Triumph TR7

  13. #13
    Puerto Rico LS1 Rikki_SeVeN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,532

    Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    Yeah, the first 2 runs without the lid were 13.8 and 13.5, both at around 106, 107, so I knew it had better times in there. With the lid I ran 3 more times, first run was 13.2 and 2 more runs at 13.4. I would guess as hot as the car was, I probably could have done better on a cool day. I think stock is around 13.5 with an average driver, but could be better with a really good driver. I dont think the lid really helps as much as some people think. It just looks cleaner under the hood.
    what where the 60ft times?

  14. #14
    Member mnypitZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Deland
    Posts
    215

    Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

    1.9 and 2.0 on street tires. I think I hit a 1.8 on that 13.2 run, but I cant find the slips right now. I will try to dig them out later.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Raced an RX-7
    By 67camarors in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 04:18 PM
  2. Raced a 396 hp bmw
    By therobman in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
  3. Raced against a Z28 (LS1)
    By Musclefan21 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 11:11 PM
  4. I raced a GT-500
    By Stone in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 05:42 AM
  5. Raced a 01 Z28......
    By Stone in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-01-2006, 12:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •