Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Raced an 03 Mustang Cobra

This is a discussion on Raced an 03 Mustang Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by N20LT4 Were talking car vs. car. If you can find a high mileage termy as cheap as ...

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Were talking car vs. car. If you can find a high mileage termy as cheap as you can a similar LS1, then be my guess. It's not my fault that you can get an LS1 car for cheaper.
    Are you dense? Of course you can find a cheaper model of LS1 for less. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

ohh and here you go
    http://tinyurl.com/5698s9
    http://tinyurl.com/6fghbw

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Quote Originally Posted by JVOJR View Post
    Besides the 9-10 second track only cars and the hardly street friendly 11-sec ricers, what others do you mean? If we were talking about bang for buck, it would take a lot more cash, parts, and time to get a ricer into the 11's then an LS1 or...please don't make me list them all.
    Time for a new thread. We have really driven off topic here.
    im talking about 1000cc and up rice rockets a.k.a motorcycles

black

Remember were talking about LS1's and Cobra's here. NOT Honda's.
    but you keep throwing price around and all i did was point out that for cheap speed a sport bike cant be beat.

when a person buys a car they like it, 99.9% of buyers worry about cost of mods later.
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    im talking about 1000cc and up rice rockets a.k.a motorcycles
    Geez, it didn't even cross my mind you were talking about a bike. That really is waay off topic.

10's N/A

but you keep throwing price around and all i did was point out that for cheap speed a sport bike cant be beat.

when a person buys a car they like it, 99.9% of buyers worry about cost of mods later.
    I think you might have missed the heading of the original debate. It was that...Cobra's are easier and/or cheaper to mod. Easier they are, but I came to the defense of your car - an LS1 - all being but 100% honest, in that if you factor in the total cost of a Cobra vs. what you can get a higher mileage, good condition, straight body LS1 car for, the cost to purchase the two and mod them both becomes about equal, if not in favor of the LS1 car being less expensive. Let's face it -You are NOT going to find an '03-04 Cobra, even with higher mileage, for as cheap as you will a similar LS1 F-body, for various reasons. People can go around the cost of the car all they wan't, but the cost of the vehicle is included in the entire sum of everything - like it or not. My point of view is nothing but realistic. Sit down with a calculator and add things up yourself if you doubt me! If you feel otherwise, then maybe you should have bought a Cobra instead of a Formula - since it is the better bang for the buck in your opinion.

I think you might have missed the heading of the original debate. It was that...Cobra's are easier and/or cheaper to mod. Easier they are, but I came to the defense of your car - an LS1 - all being but 100% honest, in that if you factor in the total cost of a Cobra vs. what you can get a higher mileage, good condition, straight body LS1 car for, the cost to purchase the two and mod them both becomes about equal, if not in favor of the LS1 car being less expensive. Let's face it -You are NOT going to find an '03-04 Cobra, even with higher mileage, for as cheap as you will a similar LS1 F-body, for various reasons. People can go around the cost of the car all they wan't, but the cost of the vehicle is included in the entire sum of everything - like it or not. My point of view is nothing but realistic. Sit down with a calculator and add things up yourself if you doubt me! If you feel otherwise, then maybe you should have bought a Cobra instead of a Formula - since it is the better bang for the buck in your opinion.
    dude, you really have no clue. I found one and it took me all of 30 seconds. F-bodes are NOT cheap cars and arent cheap to modify.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    dude, you really have no clue. I found one and it took me all of 30 seconds. F-bodes are NOT cheap cars and arent cheap to modify.
    Really, I have no clue. And yet, your the one that drives a 2-valve.

Oookay!

I expect to hear from you in a couple of months from now when you'll drop back by and leave another worthless comment as you always do.

black

yes the cobra costs more than an f-body. while in the long run it maybe cheaper to mod an ls1 depending what you do to it, not all of us who buy cars look for the value option that you keep pushing.
    i have an ls1 and having modded said car, i know for a fact that if i would of thrown the same money at mods for a cobra, id be doing low 11s.
    btw, if they made a blown cobra back in 2000, you bet you ass i would of bought it.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Gotta love the modification debates...lol

"x is faster than y"
    "but y with a couple bolt-ons would even faster"
    "but imagine if you added bolt-ons to x, then it would be really fast"
    "I would just as nitrous to y and then it would be faster again"
    "Then, I would add a blower, and other stuff and it would be the fastest"
    "I could just get a h/c/i package with nitrous and y would be just as fast, and I could do it for less money"
    "yeah, but y is an old car, and no matter how much you add, it is still just a y"
    "Well, I never wanted an x anyway...x's are gay."
    "well I think your stupid"
    "no you're stupid"
    "uh-uh"
    Third party: "well you're both stupid. Nothing's is cheap to modify, and speed costs money"
    "well you drive a z... how gay is that?"

fun fun fun.... you boys enjoy!

Chris

Really, I have no clue. And yet, your the one that drives a 2-valve.

Oookay!

I expect to hear from you in a couple of months from now when you'll drop back by and leave another worthless comment as you always do.
    yeah 2 valve suck......

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

wow after reading this i dont feel bad about loseing to a termi at the track, my time was a 13.7 and his was a 13.2 (bad track) and i was completly stock, beside cats removed lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Cobra's are great cars......true. Cobra's are cheaper to modifiy to make fast......true. LS1's are great cars...........true LS1's are cheaper to purchase.........true. LS1's have more potential...............True. I think everyone on this thread realizes the above statements. Cobras are awesome and such, but there is always someone faster, and no replacement for displacement in the long run. Speed isn't cheap, but I just found a 2000 TA with 100,000 miles for $6,800 OBO. Drop $10,000 more into it and BAM, KB Cobra killer for under $17,000. I will eventually own a Cobra, but in no way, shape or form am I getting rid of my car for one. Just not going to happen. Can't we all just get along people.
    Last edited by blackSS01; 09-10-2008 at 10:34 AM.

10's N/A

yes the cobra costs more than an f-body. while in the long run it maybe cheaper to mod an ls1 depending what you do to it, not all of us who buy cars look for the value option that you keep pushing.
    i have an ls1 and having modded said car, i know for a fact that if i would of thrown the same money at mods for a cobra, id be doing low 11s.
    btw, if they made a blown cobra back in 2000, you bet you ass i would of bought it.
    Ehh, why didn't you just buy a '99 or '01...and drop a supercharger on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post

"x is faster than y"
    "I could just get a h/c/i package with nitrous and y would be just as fast, and I could do it for less money"
    "yeah, but y is an old car, and no matter how much you add, it is still just a y"
    "no you're stupid"
    "uh-uh"
    Third party: "well you're both stupid. Nothing's is cheap to modify, and speed costs money"

Chris
    And yet Mr. Arnold chimes in again for another one of his irrelevant, and invalid point of views.

When will it end?

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

"x is faster than y"
    "no you're stupid"
    "uh-uh"

Chris
    That has got to be the funniest post I've ever seen.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

And yet Mr. Arnold chimes in again for another one of his irrelevant, and invalid point of views.

When will it end?
    Uhh uhh.... You're stupid.

10's N/A

Uhh uhh.... You're stupid.
    Hey Hey now, no kisses buddy. No offense to your kind, but I ain't with that funny sh*t!

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by knoll5150 View Post
    The '03 Mustang Cobras were a weird beast. For some reason Ford blew the hell out of their dohc v-8's to compete, but the strange thing is that the z-28/ss camaros were dead at the time...not exactly sure who Ford were competing agains'nt. Ford blew it on the styling though, it looked like a "secretary edition" mustang, despite the bad-ass engine. The Mach-1 was alot sweeter looking in my opinion. But yeah, that car would run 4.5 seconds in the 0-60 time..hell lot quicker than any SS or Z-28 at the time (stock). As bad as people feel about those old Cobras, I have alot more respect on those vs. the overpriced 500 series Shelby is selling his name out now for $50K!!! Liked him better in the 80's when he souped up those god awful dodge chargers!
    Are you sure you know what a Terminator looks like?
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Are you sure you know what a Terminator looks like?
    Uhh, where in the hell did you come from 99Kobra???

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

I never quite understood why Ford did the Cobra that way either. Either they didn't know the F-bodies were really meeting their demise in 2002, and the Terminator was a true response to the bashing GM did to the Mustangs prior - OR, Ford knew the whole time the F-body was no longer going to be around and the Termy was a pure slap in the face for previous 10 years. Any how, they did a good job!
    A book written by Frank Moriarty, "Iron Fist, Lead Foot," tells the story about the Terminator. You can get it on Amazon.com and it's a great book that only takes a few hours to read. The Terminator was created by John Coletti, who was the head of SVT at Ford at the time (he has since retired). During SVT's annual Western Drive through the mountains and desert to test upcoming SVT vehicles, Coletti was driving a prototype for the '02 SVT Cobra and he couldn't shake a SVT Ford Focus that was behind him through some corners. He got pissed and canned the '02 Cobra because it was too slow. He demanded a supercharged Cobra that was faster in EVERY way than the '01 Cobra. What Ford produced was the Terminator (it's internal code name at Ford).

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    A book written by Frank Moriarty, "Iron Fist, Lead Foot," tells the story about the Terminator. You can get it on Amazon.com and it's a great book that only takes a few hours to read. The Terminator was created by John Coletti, who was the head of SVT at Ford at the time (he has since retired). During SVT's annual Western Drive through the mountains and desert to test upcoming SVT vehicles, Coletti was driving a prototype for the '02 SVT Cobra and he couldn't shake a SVT Ford Focus that was behind him through some corners. He got pissed and canned the '02 Cobra because it was too slow. He demanded a supercharged Cobra that was faster in EVERY way than the '01 Cobra. What Ford produced was the Terminator (it's internal code name at Ford).
    That's a nice story. Damn that's too bad they had to go with a blower setup to outrun a Focus.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information