Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

question about a roush

I was in Denton, TX the other day and got a close up of a Roush mustang that I have noticed a few times before. The car looks like it is fast- lowered, body kit, side pipes,etc... It looks like an '03ish model and beside the left back light it said something like 281 or something. I was in a restaurant with the doors open and I didn't even hear him drive away My question is what do they have, what are they running, and could I hang with him? I've got an '02 Z m6 with a few mods. Thanks.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

not sure...I saw a roush that said 360 on the side along with a cobra symbol, and some old dude was driving. I was at work so I couldn't see what it had

there are different versions of a Roush mustang. Some are v6s, some are stock GTs with body shit and some have blowers.

all are a rip offs just like Saleens.

Need more boost!

Green
    98 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt
    there are different versions of a Roush mustang. Some are v6s, some are stock GTs with body shit and some have blowers.

all are a rip offs just like Saleens.
    LOL...

liss87

stats

Well you have several types of roushes if it was a v6 it would not have had side exhauste. If it is the stage 2 roush which is the gt with body stuff done to it it would have a hood scoop like a regular gt. if it is the stage 3 those are the ones you need to watch out for they have the hoods on them like the 03 mustang coupes. There are several different stages of stage 3 roushes if it is the basic model it is kicking around 300 then there is a 360r and a 440 a. You never see the 306s and not the 440a those are very rare. there you go there is a break down you could smash stage 1 take stage 2 but watch out for stage 3 those are quick

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by liss87
    Well you have several types of roushes if it was a v6 it would not have had side exhauste. If it is the stage 2 roush which is the gt with body stuff done to it it would have a hood scoop like a regular gt. if it is the stage 3 those are the ones you need to watch out for they have the hoods on them like the 03 mustang coupes. There are several different stages of stage 3 roushes if it is the basic model it is kicking around 300 then there is a 360r and a 440 a. You never see the 306s and not the 440a those are very rare. there you go there is a break down you could smash stage 1 take stage 2 but watch out for stage 3 those are quick
    Thanks, I appreciate it, he works at a gas station and next time I'm over there I'll check it out and go from there.

phatsat67
    If it said 281 it was a saleen. They are nice lookin cars but none of them run except the stage 3 which isn't that impressive for being blown. I would rather have an eaton cobra over a supercharged roush. All the v6's ive seen have side exits but whats the point haha. I took a stock auto v6 02 stang in my stock 318 1500 2wd regular cab ram that truck was a dog.
    Last edited by phatsat67; 11-04-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by phatsat67
    If it said 281 it was a saleen. They are nice lookin cars but none of them run except the stage 3 which isn't that impressive for being blown. I would rather have an eaton cobra over a supercharged roush. All the v6's ive seen have side exits but whats the point haha. I took a stock auto v6 02 stang in my stock 318 1500 2wd regular cab ram that truck was a dog.
    I agree. If I were going to buy another mustang, I would have definitely bought a 03/04 Cobra. Fully forged rotating assembly and I could drop a KB S/C in easily over a weekend and make 500-600 rwhp still on the stock drivetrain. Oh well, I'm glad I bought the GN instead. You don't know what to expect from an 18 year old car.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by liss87
    yea that's what it said...360r, was actually a nice looking stang

phatsat67
    Clearly the KB would make for a sick ride.

Thread Information